PDA

View Full Version : What Game Modes Would You Like To See?

TaizerBeam
06-27-2015, 06:25 AM
Hello everyone hope the wait for For Honor isn't too painful.
I was just wondering what game modes do you think would be interesting to have in game?
Off the bat two ideas popped into my head:

1) Someone on Reddit mentioned a king of the hill type mode. I thought this would be pretty great if all three factions took part. If one faction has the hill (or fortress, ruins etc) will the others work together or eliminate each other right away? I guess it would play in a sense like a one point dominion mode and maybe once the winning team passes a certain threshold in points they can break the other team (the other's dont respawn). This would but a lot of pressure on the other factions to capture the hill (which would end the "breaking point" for them) before they are wiped out. Just a rough idea and would need tweaking for sure.

2) Just a 1v1 gladiator match to play with friends. A way to hone your skills.

3/4) Not really game modes but a spectator mode to watch matches as the demo was great fun to watch and a "map exploration" where you can run around the map without worries to learn the layout and maybe find tactics or locations where your hero shines (though single player can pull this off in a sense if it uses maps from multiplayer).

So what would you like to see?

cytovag69
06-27-2015, 07:05 AM
Hello everyone hope the wait for For Honor isn't too painful.
I was just wondering what game modes do you think would be interesting to have in game?
Off the bat two ideas popped into my head:

1) Someone on Reddit mentioned a king of the hill type mode. I thought this would be pretty great if all three factions took part. If one faction has the hill (or fortress, ruins etc) will the others work together or eliminate each other right away? I guess it would play in a sense like a one point dominion mode and maybe once the winning team passes a certain threshold in points they can break the other team (the other's dont respawn). This would but a lot of pressure on the other factions to capture the hill (which would end the "breaking point" for them) before they are wiped out. Just a rough idea and would need tweaking for sure.

2) Just a 1v1 gladiator match to play with friends. A way to hone your skills.

3/4) Not really game modes but a spectator mode to watch matches as the demo was great fun to watch and a "map exploration" where you can run around the map without worries to learn the layout and maybe find tactics or locations where your hero shines (though single player can pull this off in a sense if it uses maps from multiplayer).

So what would you like to see?

Free for all would be cool.

DGZ Silveravin
06-27-2015, 08:55 AM
OH god I hope they don't screw this up. This is where most game companies mess up with me. I am don't want just TDM. I am a strategic, team based player and want game modes to suit that. TDM is cool and all but gets boring quick if that's all your doing, button mashing, brainless killing. So I would like to see some

#1 Storm/capture the castle (offense and defense turns)
#2 Protect the king like game. Where you have to go to different parts (random) of the map (like KoTH where only the team that protecting the king can see) and hold it for a few seconds before going on to the next. The defense has to kill the king. If the O makes it to all 5 spots they win.

Stuff like that. Things that make you think, work as a team and uses skill to win. I'm sure it will be good by the demo we saw but maybe this helped :)

DGZ Silveravin
06-27-2015, 09:02 AM
If...if...I swear if I see 2v2...I will buy 5 copies.

cytovag69
06-27-2015, 09:08 AM
Last Team/Man standing would be cool.

Solid_Altair
06-27-2015, 09:52 AM
I think many possible modes would have severe balance issues. Having more than two teams tuends to make things unfair. Luck and two teas trolling one pretty much define the game. Free for All wuld prolly be an even bigger clusterf***.

Even 2v2, which does sound appealing would probably be boring. You'd probably need to have a king of the hill set up, only one territory to be fought over. Then 2v2 would occur, one dude would die and the reaining dude would run for his life from the 2 enemies, until his buddy would respawn... over and over again. The tactics would be too bland.

I think it will be much better to enjoy legit 2v2 moments in the 4v4 dominiom mode, because, once the fight is done (or one guy get killed and his buddy flees), the game will resume into good tactics, with other players and other territories.

Apart from Dominiom, I'd like to see a mode similar to Rush, in battlefield, with actual attackers and defenders (Dominiom's attacker and defenders are just skins), where there are bases with two territories each. Once the attackers take one base (by taking both trufs at once), the defenders need to fall back to defend another base, along with the Adds. It'd be cool to always have the adds focused in one of the territories in each base, leaving the other territory for Player Characters only.

I loved Dominio mode, btw.

I think they should launch the game with few modes. Then, if the player base is big enough, they could add more later (like The Last of Us). I think many extra modes would be worth neither splitting the community too much, nor delaying the release date. Even if you give me only Dominiom (and a 1v1 :p) I'll overjoyed. Just launch it soon, please. I can't freaking wait!

What do you guys think about split screen online, like two guys split-screening in Dominiom? Uncharted 3 tried this and it didn't work well technically. The community begged the Devs to not have it in The Last of Us. Apparently the split-screened took a toll in the connectivity of the match, or screwed things up with lag-compensation.

cytovag69
06-27-2015, 10:46 AM
I think many possible modes would have severe balance issues. Having more than two teams tuends to make things unfair. Luck and two teas trolling one pretty much define the game. Free for All wuld prolly be an even bigger clusterf***.

Even 2v2, which does sound appealing would probably be boring. You'd probably need to have a king of the hill set up, only one territory to be fought over. Then 2v2 would occur, one dude would die and the reaining dude would run for his life from the 2 enemies, until his buddy would respawn... over and over again. The tactics would be too bland.

I think it will be much better to enjoy legit 2v2 moments in the 4v4 dominiom mode, because, once the fight is done (or one guy get killed and his buddy flees), the game will resume into good tactics, with other players and other territories.

Apart from Dominiom, I'd like to see a mode similar to Rush, in battlefield, with actual attackers and defenders (Dominiom's attacker and defenders are just skins), where there are bases with two territories each. Once the attackers take one base (by taking both trufs at once), the defenders need to fall back to defend another base, along with the Adds. It'd be cool to always have the adds focused in one of the territories in each base, leaving the other territory for Player Characters only.

I loved Dominio mode, btw.

I think they should launch the game with few modes. Then, if the player base is big enough, they could add more later (like The Last of Us). I think many extra modes would be worth neither splitting the community too much, nor delaying the release date. Even if you give me only Dominiom (and a 1v1 :p) I'll overjoyed. Just launch it soon, please. I can't freaking wait!

What do you guys think about split screen online, like two guys split-screening in Dominiom? Uncharted 3 tried this and it didn't work well technically. The community begged the Devs to not have it in The Last of Us. Apparently the split-screened took a toll in the connectivity of the match, or screwed things up with lag-compensation.

Just by seeing dominion, I believe all other modes would likely be just as deep. Last team standing would be cool, and it would allow larger teams. Split screen I think is a great idea. I play split screen halo all the time and I didn't see any problems. And of course 1v1 is a must.

Solid_Altair
06-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Split screen offline is great. Did you mean you play split screen online on Halo?

And more players could hurt the connectivity. Melee games require better connectivity than shooters, not only to allow us to read the moves and react, but also because lag ocmpensantion isn't a good option like it is on shooters. We usually need to deal with the true latency. So, I'd say 8 players is actually very daring.

cytovag69
06-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Split screen offline is great. Did you mean you play split screen online on Halo?

And more players could hurt the connectivity. Melee games require better connectivity than shooters, not only to allow us to read the moves and react, but also because lag ocmpensantion isn't a good option like it is on shooters. We usually need to deal with the true latency. So, I'd say 8 players is actually very daring.

I do play online halo all the time but I understand that lags a bigger issue in melee over shooters. Also you'd need a pretty big TV to play split screen in this game. But I think the best use for split screen is 1v1. But I feel more games should have split screen so you can play with people without the game and so I don't feel like I just paid $60 for split screen halo

Fatal-Feit
06-27-2015, 12:59 PM
How about an arena mode where 2 teams fight to death inside a colosseum of some kind. No minions, side objectives, or respawn. A Last Man Standing thing. It's set into rounds and first to 3-4 victory wins the match.

This is also how I imagine they would set up a 2v2 match.

Warphorntek
06-27-2015, 02:54 PM
1. King of the hill like there is ladder of players which are trying to defead last round winner one by one.

2. Some kind of pushing through defenders to several couples of points like siege or something like that.

3. Some kind of racing with other players maybe by killingblows or some sort of score points. Sure this is not possible if you wana do clearly serious game.

TaizerBeam
06-27-2015, 11:20 PM
What if it has a "wave survival mode"? Four players try to survive on a map (castle, ruins etc) from oncoming waves of AI and real players. Only four enemy heroes can be on the field at once to keep it fair. Another interesting idea would be that for enemy heroes, it grabs people waiting for that game mode so quite often the enemy heroes are a whole new player with a new style. Also this mode would have traps and such that the surviving heroes can use.

Kinguseless
06-28-2015, 05:46 AM
What if it has a "wave survival mode"? Four players try to survive on a map (castle, ruins etc) from oncoming waves of AI and real players. Only four enemy heroes can be on the field at once to keep it fair..

They did say there would be a "PvE". Maybe it would be a "wave survival mode" with only AI?

B4UN3
11-14-2015, 05:02 PM
I would love to see a game mode with the "rush" element from battlefield. like there are 3-5 points/objectives in map where you keep unlocking more and more of the map as the attackers progress by doing/ accomplish the objectives.

i think the "king of the hill" and "CTF" gamemode could also work really well in this game and i hope to see it.

I have had the idea off some larger battles like 12v12 maybe in some really big maps where it could have some "squad" elements like, squad 2 and 3 cant advance before squad 1 accomplish an objective with lowering a bridge for them or something in that direction. I have thought about it, but cant come to a conclusion if it would be possible. Probably not, but it could be hell of alot fun. :P

Hangster_96
11-19-2015, 10:58 PM
Capture the Flag

I think something like that would be awesome

MisterWillow
11-21-2015, 08:44 AM
I would love to see a game mode with the "rush" element from battlefield. like there are 3-5 points/objectives in map where you keep unlocking more and more of the map as the attackers progress by doing/ accomplish the objectives.

Yes, please! I've suggested this one a number of other places, and I really think a storm/defend a castle/village/outpost/whatever mode would fit this game like a glove. Call it Siege. I'd play it all day.

It could also be accommodating to a larger player count (8, 10, maybe 12), since it would theoretically involve a much larger map than the one that's been shown, given the multiple 'stages' of attack/defense, and would appeal to people around here who've raised concerns/complaints about the low player count.

I also like Capture the Flag. It would be interesting if the flag carrier used it as a weapon, like a pole-arm, so that they wouldn't be defenseless while carrying it, and people attacking them would need to adapt a bit to the circumstance---maybe have the flag have it's own specific set of animations, and/or make the fabric waving around be slightly distracting for people who aren't accustomed to it.

Saint_Anger64
11-24-2015, 12:49 AM
OK First, loving the great ideas! Second, split screen will help online more than hurt lmho. It will get more teams/players together faster that are unified and can communicate even if they don't have headset. My son and a literary hi-fived the second we heard split screen.Ty FH Team!
OK, now that's said, King of the hill. It will be very similar to Dom but only one point (and epic place to fight for) teams or FFA, and no minions. Standing Alone in zone gets you points per second. Making kill gets 5pts while getting a kill in zone gets you 10 points. Once one team reaches 1000 , THATS TEAM eliminates competitors they defeat. Now the fight to get to the hill is gone from winning team. They can run free and try to eliminate others. While the losing teams want the hill but, avoid the winners. I think this will make a great 12 player game with 4v4v4 being the best. Think the name should change though. Lords of the Land, Champion, Keeper of the Realm. IDK maybe not. Lol

Skeletor1973
12-06-2015, 05:45 AM
3v3 or 2v2 or 5v5 Last man standing Hardcore no health bars no icon help for stance Arena. maybe throw Grizzly Bear in the arena Too maybe. Random volley of arrows in arena ..

Joe_Sore
12-28-2015, 04:43 AM
How about something where all the minions are non AI players and the Heroes don't exist?
like 50v50

there would be no special moves. Just the plain swordfight in the crowd.

I don't care about internet ressources or processing power.

MisterWillow
12-28-2015, 06:11 AM
How about something where all the minions are non AI players and the Heroes don't exist?
like 50v50

there would be no special moves. Just the plain swordfight in the crowd.

I don't care about internet ressources or processing power.

It's been brought up before, and I honestly think it's a terrible idea, and not just for latency reasons (which I'll ignore on your premise that the internet has no limits). For my own convenience, though, I'm going to copy/paste the relevant (to this conversation) bits of what I said over here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1182270-Minor-adjustments-need-to-be-made?p=10868734&viewfull=1#post10868734).

...the 'art of battle' system wants to capture the intimacy of a real sword fight, where every time you cut someone down it's a triumph. I doubt very much that you would be able to maintain that feeling with 64 people on the map; or even if you could at the beginning, once enough people are killed, duels would turn into massacres, as one person would be forced to fight far more people than the battle system is meant to handle. They demonstrated that you could theoretically fight two people (there was little more than a single exchange of blows in the gameplay released so far), since blocking in the direction of the second opponent blocks everything he throws, but how well would that really work against three people? four people? ten people (should one side dominate in a large-scale battle)?

It's not like a shooter, where you can keep your distance; duck behind cover and take pop shots; chuck a couple grenades; and/or camp around a corner and wait for people to run through and shoot them in the back. You have to be in someone's face to kill them. Also, the feats are unlocked with kills, so eventually a large-scale match would turn into one or two guys (or three, or four, or ten should one side dominate) able to spam arrow storms/catapults. And it would happen, because people (especially clans) would group together, lock onto one guy, decimate, and move on. It's much harder---if not impossible---to have such a strategy exist or circumstance arise with a small player count.

Should the maps be large enough, I could see 8v8 at most. Increasing the number of players beyond that doesn't do anything to make a duel more exciting, it's just increasing the likelihood of people being outnumbered as a match drags on.

CapnPunkin
02-18-2016, 01:32 AM
Let me think...

Capture the Flag would work I think.

A mode with unlimited skill usage could be a lovely chaos mode.

A full castle siege in which one side has advanced defenses and the other commands great siege weapons. When the final gate breaks, the attackers win. But if time runs out the defenders get reinforcements and win.

Lastly, a mode with all three factions gunning for an empty castle 2 v 2 v 2 to really work the mechanics of the game. Youll be really dependant on your partner and you'll have to be wary of the other two factions ganging up on you if you get too far ahead. In terms of score as bonus points go to whoever kills someone with a killing streak.

fosih
02-19-2016, 02:36 AM
Здравствуйте,раз уж вопрос о том какие режимы вы хотели бы увидеть в игре,я скажу что хотел бы увидеть

1)Осада Замка

2)ПВП

3)ПВЕ

4)Баталии по 10 человек в каждой команде

5)Массовые сражения по 10-20-30 человек в одном бою

6)Кооперативные Задания,эксклюзивные кооперативные задания,которые появлялись бы на ограниченное время

7)Режим Выживания,персонажу придётся отбиваться от волн врагов

7)Режим Выживания в кооперативе,когда вы и ваши друзья отбиваетесь от волн врагов,хотелось бы чтобы волн было 15 а количество приглашенных в режим друзей составляло 4 человека это будет достаточно.

8)Режим Превосходства

9)Режим Сражения с боссом,вы и ваши 3 друга побеждаете одного сильного противника.

10)Режим Захват Герба противника чтобы доставить его на свою базу

Я знаю что многое из того что я предложил может не соответствовать механике и стилю игры,но всё же это именно то что я бы хотел увидеть,я думаю большая часть из мною предложенных режимов может добавить в игру много нового

O2357
02-21-2016, 11:07 AM
1.) A single-player offline mode to train your skills. With freely definable amount of AI enemies (minions and player characters), their type, their skill and numbers. Just a plain simple arena with no goals, quests and nothing else on it than the things you define.

2.) Free-for-all arenas:
2a) Three homogeneous factions that are all hostile to each other (separated by knights, vikings, samurai).
2b) Two mixed factions. I.e. a team deathmatch (red versus blue) players can freely chose any of the playable "races" and characters.

3.) Different types of respawn:
3a) Some ticket system. For those who don't like to sit idle wait when they are dead.
4b) One life per character. Last man standing team wins.

4.) Options to play without a special aim. No area capturing, no capture the flag. The team or single player with the most points (death-kill-ratio) wins. Either with or without time limit (definable score and time limit).

The_W1nterWolf
02-23-2016, 08:33 PM
I read something interesting on a mode with like several squads a sort of 12v12 thing where each squad has to complete an objective.

If people are worried about lag compensation and stuff wouldn't there be a way to divide that across 3 servers to where it is basically 4v4 on 3 servers but link the servers together so the events on one server could effect the events on the other servers.

For example if Squad A fails to break the enemy line and open the gates for Squad B on their server, then it would be Squad B's turn to try a different way to assault the gates through like a battering ram or something. Meanwhile Squad C is trying to weaken the enemies or something,

idk it might be complicated but I thought this was worth some more consideration.

lSacredforcel
02-24-2016, 07:49 AM
Remember the warzone where minions face each others in the first domination mode?

How about a 4v4 player fighting in a huge open battlefield where there is 2-3 warzone to take control. The more players dominates the territory, more point they will earn just like domination mode. In the end of the match, winners chase down the enemies, and losers will choose to die as last stand for honor or to flee from the battlefield by reaching their own spawn point.

John_T._Clark
02-24-2016, 11:08 AM
- Team Objective (like chivalry medial warfare) or Siege (like Mount and Blade Warband)
- Any other type that will focus on teamwork and where you play only with real players and zero bots

johnmarklee
02-25-2016, 04:35 AM
Hoping for a conquest mode where theres a huge map with different territories you go around capturing with your army of NPC soldiers. Something like Mount&Blade, Total War or Galactic Conquest from the original Battlefronts.

Fluffydonkeys
02-25-2016, 06:44 PM
A co-op mode against CPU enemies (like single player... but co-op) So you can team up with a friend or a stranger and fight. Co-op is by far the best way to learn from other players.
Mounted combat
Mounted 1v1 pvp arena duels for the favor of the princess
A dedicated page for each knight. By page I mean like a typical servant for knights. By hiring a page we could send him out to grind some coin or resources or whatever for us or perhaps a page could simply increase rare loot drops or what not. Perhaps we could use a page as a kind of joker card in a card game: either use your page for increased gold earnings, for increased rare loot drops, for a slight ranged defense buff, small run speed buff and so on.
A tavern/inn that functions as a waiting room while the players wait for a match. Have a bard play a lute, let players order a mead, etc. All players can have a chat in there and so on.
NO MAGIC or other fantasy crap.

TehEpicNinja
02-26-2016, 01:39 AM
A co-op mode against CPU enemies (like single player... but co-op) So you can team up with a friend or a stranger and fight. Co-op is by far the best way to learn from other players.
Mounted combat
Mounted 1v1 pvp arena duels for the favor of the princess
A dedicated page for each knight. By page I mean like a typical servant for knights. By hiring a page we could send him out to grind some coin or resources or whatever for us or perhaps a page could simply increase rare loot drops or what not. Perhaps we could use a page as a kind of joker card in a card game: either use your page for increased gold earnings, for increased rare loot drops, for a slight ranged defense buff, small run speed buff and so on.
A tavern/inn that functions as a waiting room while the players wait for a match. Have a bard play a lute, let players order a mead, etc. All players can have a chat in there and so on.
NO MAGIC or other fantasy crap.

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS

there's no option to like, or upvote, or +1 or anything, so this is the best i can do to support i'm sorry ok

Fluffydonkeys
02-26-2016, 01:43 PM
WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS

there's no option to like, or upvote, or +1 or anything, so this is the best i can do to support i'm sorry ok

send me a PM and I'll give you my paypal adress ;)

xLeapingLizardx
02-26-2016, 09:08 PM
Hardcore mode: A version of whatever existing game type with more realism. Can discuss what to leave out such as the HUD/health bars and stuff. Maybe make health lower for realism or one hit kills (might be too extreme but maybe test it to see how it flies.) Possibly display health based on the way your character moves, looks, or state of their armor.

Match of the day: This could be a little fun thing to play around with (could also make it match of the week if it is too difficult to make a varied game type every day.) But it can be any existing game type with different, fun gameplay changes. Such as faster running speed, increased health, no parrying, no dodging, no running, once you lock onto a player you cannot unlock, one hit kills (test it), stronger minions, everyone is the same character, or heavy attacks only. Now for clarity I am saying to pick one or two of these gameplay changes for the match of the day/week. It could be a fun change/mix-up for the gameplay and there are many possibilities.

Lastly, I would say to make sure to add Private/Custom matches from the get go. It's staggering to see all of the games coming out these days that don't start off with the Private/Custom match option. Make it as interchangeable as possible, the more options the better.

Hope my ideas were okay, thanks for reading!

lSacredforcel
02-27-2016, 03:15 PM

For waiting, I was thinking about practicing your sword with a target dummy or a player instead. But we can always put this together.

djb204
02-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Kill The King mode. 4v4 fighting along side their NPC armies. The first player to reach a certain amount of PvP kills becomes his team's king, and causes the other team to break. (No respawns). Now, the breaking team can either kill the king to win or lose by getting wiped out. A player on the breaking team can still become king by getting enough PvP kills. With both kings now on the battlefield, this would mean both teams would start to break.

Now here is where it gets interesting... Every time a king gets 1 PvP kill, his team gets 1 respawn. So kings are encouraged to continue fighting when their team is breaking, because they reward their teammates with an extra life.

NevelLongbottom
03-04-2016, 12:23 AM
I would like to see Botgames or some kind of training Mode. There players could try out new tactics or combat skills. The difficulty could vary from beginner to expert.

A custom Game Mode would also be nice so Players can "create" certain scenarios. If the game should be fully finished on release, then it might be just a good thing for the beta.
Like open teams with people from various fraction in one team.

VIZZRAAK
03-10-2016, 02:16 AM
This is my basic understanding of how caravan works. I am copying this description off a website: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/1o8724/caravan_gamemode/

The "caravan" concept boils down to a very simple set of rules:

-A neutral caravan wanders along a central path

-The caravan will move toward one of the two bases

-The caravan will switch allegiances after the players perform a task, even so simple as killing any enemies in the vicinity

-The game is won by bringing the caravan to your base, though it moves slowly and you have no direct control

What do you think? Will we be seeing anything like this? Are there any gamemodes in for honor that work well with the medieval theme? Please let me know.

TidalSpiral
03-17-2016, 03:36 AM
OH god I hope they don't screw this up. This is where most game companies mess up with me. I am don't want just TDM. I am a strategic, team based player and want game modes to suit that. TDM is cool and all but gets boring quick if that's all your doing, button mashing, brainless killing. So I would like to see some

#1 Storm/capture the castle (offense and defense turns)
#2 Protect the king like game. Where you have to go to different parts (random) of the map (like KoTH where only the team that protecting the king can see) and hold it for a few seconds before going on to the next. The defense has to kill the king. If the O makes it to all 5 spots they win.

Stuff like that. Things that make you think, work as a team and uses skill to win. I'm sure it will be good by the demo we saw but maybe this helped :)

I most want the Protect the King / VIP mode, for this type of game I think it would fare way better than how FPS tend to handle it. You can have one slow but otherwise decent "king" warrior per side and points are only gained by killing him. Or could do it as an escort style across a longer map, trying to get him to an escape zone with the enemy team throwing all they have along the way.