PDA

View Full Version : Devicelink: Please open up for Multiplayer use!

JRH147
06-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Please, there are a lot of really talented people putting time and effort into creating cockpits and switches, - all in an effort to make this great sim even more realistic.

But DeviceLink won't allow gagues to work in multiplayer - please change this if you can!

Thank you.

JRH147
06-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Please, there are a lot of really talented people putting time and effort into creating cockpits and switches, - all in an effort to make this great sim even more realistic.

But DeviceLink won't allow gagues to work in multiplayer - please change this if you can!

Thank you.

Montgomery Python
06-05-2004, 12:06 PM
I have unfortunately thought of at least three ways it could be used to gain an unfair advantage via control automation; in SP mode that's up to you, but MP is a different matter.

JRH147
06-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Could you list them? I'm sure you're right, but I was just wondering.

If that is true, and they don't open it up, it sure is a waste of time to design all these gauges, etc.

It's a shame because it's a total dream of mine to be able to do all these things with it.

GCMC_Soron
06-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Well, it can be an option of the game (server) to swithc this feature on-off, like external view, pad-lock etc...

I can imagine it's not actually the case, simply it's need to modify one fonctionnality of the game, and this is not the goal from a patch...

So perhaps in next game version ?

Montgomery Python
06-06-2004, 07:26 PM
I had a list of stuff to try out somewhere which I've lost, but: speed/turn rate sensitive auto rate flaps, and hooking the engines in a twin to the rudder pedals are two ideas I can think of off the top of my head.