PDA

View Full Version : About Campagin

asd87212328
06-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Will there be a campagin that is based on real history or entirely built on history. And by the way did they use the real sword guard to develop the Art of Battle system

cytovag69
06-27-2015, 01:14 AM
Will there be a campagin that is based on real history or entirely built on history. And by the way did they use the real sword guard to develop the Art of Battle system

Here's the campaign in a nutshell: the legions(knights) homeland is being invaded by the warborn(Vikings) by sea. Meanwhile to the south is a large desert. For reasons unknown, the chosen(Samurai) have abandoned their homeland and now have been wandering this desert for generations in search of the promise land. This, presumably, will put them in conflict with the legions and possibly the warborn.

Warphorntek
06-27-2015, 01:36 AM

Because samurais never fought vikings campain is not going to be historically acurate (maybe just some part) as was answered in video linked here:
http://honoredwarriors.com/ubisofts-for-honor-qa-masterclass-from-e3/

Dienekes12
06-27-2015, 02:25 AM
I'll just add, I really hope they put time and effort into the campaign, with interesting characters and whatnot. With the details that games like the Halo, or even Starcraft series tries to do. And not just have it be 4 hours of doing the multiplayer maps with a voice over explaining why you're currently fighting whatever faction you're fighting.

TaizerBeam
06-27-2015, 04:37 AM
I'll just add, I really hope they put time and effort into the campaign, with interesting characters and whatnot. With the details that games like the Halo, or even Starcraft series tries to do. And not just have it be 4 hours of doing the multiplayer maps with a voice over explaining why you're currently fighting whatever faction you're fighting.

Yeah it would be amazing if it is fleshed out. But I also am guessing it will be more or less simple since it seems to be a multiplayer focused game. Unlike Halo which wanted to tell a story, from interviews it seems they wanted to make the game have the feeling of real battle with that rush while trying to figure out what the other player (a human) is trying to do. It sounds like though they will have all multiplayer modes available for singleplayer but you will fight AI.

Fatal-Feit
06-27-2015, 01:06 PM

God, I hope they don't pull an Evolve or Titanfall on us. Both were new and very original IPs with a heavy focus on MP, but fell short on their 'campaign' mode.