PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when viking gameplay is going to be shown?

Zaffina
06-26-2015, 08:52 AM
I'm just curious aha

Eiddard
06-26-2015, 09:19 AM
There is no official information about it, but I guess that Vikings will be playable in the Beta coming this August.

Anyway, you can see a bit of a gameplay from the E3 panel, It is shown a Viking with sword+shield doing a jump+attack and a charge carrying the enemy. You can check it in this link: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1182932-Vikings-in-the-E3-Live-Demo

Warphorntek
06-27-2015, 03:07 AM
I think they ll cut us off until 1st beta test arive.

Kinguseless
06-28-2015, 05:50 AM
Viking gameplay would be glorious.

MisterWillow
06-28-2015, 10:36 AM
I think they ll cut us off until 1st beta test arive.

That seems a bit cruel, just to have us scratching the walls, waiting a month (or a little more), just wanting to see a big bearded dude with an axe cleave someone in two, when all they need to do is release another gameplay video... right? They wouldn't do that...

Guys?

Devs...........

Please?

Don't make us wait, the anticipation is already excruciating!!

SerWarhammer
06-28-2015, 11:38 AM
That seems a bit cruel, just to have us scratching the walls, waiting a month (or a little more), just wanting to see a big bearded dude with an axe cleave someone in two, when all they need to do is release another gameplay video... right? They wouldn't do that...

Guys?

Devs...........

Please?

Don't make us wait, the anticipation is already excruciating!!

Valhalla awaits us:mad:

naphack
06-28-2015, 08:23 PM
Believe it or not. The viking stuff is actually really hard to make.
Those shield techniques are really complex stuff. It's far easier to replicate techniques for rounded medieval shields than for those large, flat boards.

The problem with viking warfare is that the shield is the main weapon and the sword is just there to exploit the opening created by the shield.
There is a reason, they presented the Legion and the Chosen: First, the katana is a given. They wanted to catch the attention of all the katana cultists out there, so they included glorious nippon steel for them to ogle at. Secondly, the longsword. They wanted to present genuine, authentical swordsmanship with things like the mordhau for actual HEMA fans to ogle at.
As for why exactly those two classes: Two handed weapons are easier to replicate. As simple as that. We are still in a very early development stage, so they went with the weapon sets, where the fundamentals are the easiest to grasp and the easiest to display properly.
Expect a long time till we see some genuine viking gameplay.

MrJoker.
06-28-2015, 09:54 PM
I have no idea :) SOON

Doctrinaire
06-29-2015, 12:50 AM
me thinks the vikings will be easy to defeat. they all want to go to Valhalla. who am I to deny this? LOL! :cool:

SnorriUlversson
06-29-2015, 09:08 AM
me thinks the vikings will be easy to defeat. they all want to go to Valhalla. who am I to deny this? LOL! :cool:

bringing our opponents with us when we die...forgot this little detail mate? ;)

Doctrinaire
06-30-2015, 06:53 PM
bringing our opponents with us when we die...forgot this little detail mate? ;)
well, being a ruler of the dead hasn't been on my to-do list, but I suppose I could humor you. beware though, I may not always be benevolent! :p