PDA

View Full Version : Ranged weaponry

Thodoras10
06-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Well i have been wondering since the time i saw the samurai in the gameplay trailer throw a shuriken if there are going to be ranged weapons such as bows,crossbows or even javelins but then again how practical could they be? or if they are too damaging they will be used by newcomers in the game who hope to find something that can give them a sort of an edge in battles.

MisterWillow
06-26-2015, 03:17 AM
There have been a few threads asking about ranged weapons and classes. The general consensus is positive toward ranged feats (the one-off shuriken and arrow storm, as seen in the demo), but negative toward ranged classes (such as a dedicated archer).

The speculation is that Vikings are getting throwing axes, but no real theories on Knights. I'm partial to the crossbow. It would also be cool if different classes had different ranged feats. Say, if a samurai armed with a naginata had a bow and arrow feat, or a viking with a sword threw a small seax.

Thodoras10
06-27-2015, 01:42 AM
Hey sorry for the delayed resonse.

I agree that a dedicated archer is more or less way too much and yes it would be more than awesome to have a hero who can use ranged feats alas having poor armour and medium damaging strikes but then again it would be great and he or she would be a practical hero for more experianced players.

SerWarhammer
06-27-2015, 01:24 PM
What about a "charge-power" for knights and vikings against the samurai's shuriken? Samurai try to hit a knight with a ...... little piece of steel :p and the knight at the same time can activate the charge-power: he charge the samurai with an extra defense power-up that can deflected the shuriken (shuriken..... a little piece of steel can't hit the flesh of a knight armoured with an heavy coat, but hey.... it's a game :cool: )

Dienekes12
06-27-2015, 03:20 PM
This game seems largely focused on creating the art of battle style combat system, seeing if it will be popular and developing the balance around the three factions. Ranged weapons are limited to a few feats. And it's good to set a solid focus for your first game, make sure that what it does it does very well.

If they do plan on making this game into a continued franchise it would be fatal to just keep producing more of the same without any additional ideas. I for one wouldn't be opposed to a later game adding cavalry or archers to the mix, so long as they are given the appropriate time and effort to make them balanced and fit in with the rest of the game. But that would be down the line. As of now, it looks like we're getting all melee all infantry, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

SerWarhammer
06-27-2015, 03:40 PM
This game seems largely focused on creating the art of battle style combat system, seeing if it will be popular and developing the balance around the three factions. Ranged weapons are limited to a few feats. And it's good to set a solid focus for your first game, make sure that what it does it does very well.

If they do plan on making this game into a continued franchise it would be fatal to just keep producing more of the same without any additional ideas. I for one wouldn't be opposed to a later game adding cavalry or archers to the mix, so long as they are given the appropriate time and effort to make them balanced and fit in with the rest of the game. But that would be down the line. As of now, it looks like we're getting all melee all infantry, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

GOLD pure gold! totally agreed