PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite AC score?

LieutenantRex
06-25-2015, 05:07 PM
The thread title is pretty sufficient for an explanation of what this thread seeks from you, the forum member. What AC score was your favorite? What particular piece from that score did you enjoy? Why?

AC3 had some of the best music in the series, in terms of overall theme, perhaps not ambience though... As there was no ambient music. Fail. Anyway, I still enjoyed the soundtrack and fell in love with this piece in particular. It's enthralling, yet inexplicably serenading and mysterious, and used only once in the entire game in a section where you can easily miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPo_BbGv9M

EDIT: Not to mention that besides Connor's Life, it's one of the few pieces that focuses on tribal/native sound in the OST.

BananaBlighter
06-25-2015, 05:38 PM
AC3 for it's main theme and music in general, but it is beaten to the number one spot by AC4 which had great music to suit the pirate theme, including ambient music that is always stuck in my head.

Megas_Doux
06-25-2015, 05:56 PM
AC II and then AC IV.

Shahkulu101
06-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Revelations, the ambient music was just stunning.

Consus_E
06-25-2015, 08:13 PM
I think it's mainly how much side content there was in AC:B which kept me exploring the world and thus listening to the ambient music, but I always get that soundtrack caught in my head. It's sorta become my de facto favorite soundtrack. I'm also in love with the main themes for AC3 & AC4.

Matknapers18
06-25-2015, 08:28 PM
I'd say AC2 is my favourite, every track is just perfectly suited to time period and reflective of what is occurring in the open world. Listening to the soundtrack now makes me so nostalgic, songs like Ezio's Family, Venice Rooftops, Home in Florence and Dreams of Venice literally give me goosebumps. Listening to them prompts me to remember my early experiences and passion for the series. They are truly unforgettable tracks that remind me of why I love Assassin's Creed. Or maybe 'loved' is a better word.

AC4 gets a close second though, its probably the score I listen to the most in my free time

Xstantin
06-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Revelations

GunnerGalactico
06-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Majority of the tracks that I like come from AC2. Overall, AC1,2 and 3 are my favourite soundtracks.

I'd say AC2 is my favourite, every track is just perfectly suited to time period and reflective of what is occurring in the open world. Listening to the soundtrack now makes me so nostalgic, songs like Ezio's Family, Venice Rooftops, Home in Florence and Dreams of Venice literally give me goosebumps. Listening to them prompts me to remember my early experiences and passion for the series. They are truly unforgettable tracks that remind me of why I love Assassin's Creed. Or maybe 'loved' is a better word.

Those are also my favourites. In addition, I also enjoyed Earth, Venice Fight and Tour of Venice.

Hans684
06-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Depends on what i'm doing. AC2 Is mostly used when i'm going to sleep, the soundtrack is relaxing and calm. At best i only get to hear Earth, Venice Rooftops and Ezio's Family then i'm out. ACB, ACR, AC3, ACL, AC4BF and Rogue is far more suited for when reading a book, browsing the net or something like that. Not sure about the rest.

Consus_E
06-25-2015, 11:39 PM
Also based on what little we've heard so far I'm really liking Syndicates score.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-26-2015, 02:56 AM
Gotta go with AC3.

For the same reasons stated in OP :)

The_Kiwi_
06-26-2015, 03:28 AM
Why is AC4 grouped with Rogue?
Defeats the purpose of a survey seeing as they're two different scores

Namikaze_17
06-26-2015, 04:47 AM
AC1, ACR, and AC4/AC3.

Sorrosyss
06-26-2015, 08:28 AM
Yeah, not sure why you grouped some of the games up? Black Flag and Rogue were completely different composers. :s

This is a tough one to call for me, as I like so many tracks. AC2 obviously has Ezio's family and Venice Rooftops. ACB has City of Rome and The Brotherhood Escapes. ACR had it's main theme and In The Simulation. Finally, AC3 has it's main theme and my personal favourite track of all scores, An Uncertain Present. For that reason, I throw my vote to AC3.

LieutenantRex
06-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Majority of the tracks that I like come from AC2. Overall, AC1,2 and 3 are my favourite soundtracks.

Those are also my favourites. In addition, I also enjoyed Earth, Venice Fight and Tour of Venice.

Earth is basically Venice Rooftops and Ezio's Family combined.

Farlander1991
06-26-2015, 12:21 PM
I can understand why II and ACB are combined (at least because half of the tracks in ACB are from ACII), but why are Black Flag and Rogue combined? They have different composers, different styles, I want to vote for Black Flag but I don't want to vote for Rogue (while there are tracks there that I really like, for example the Guardian, it's not one of my favourite scores)

LieutenantRex
06-26-2015, 12:33 PM
I can understand why II and ACB are combined (at least because half of the tracks in ACB are from ACII), but why are Black Flag and Rogue combined? They have different composers, different styles, I want to vote for Black Flag but I don't want to vote for Rogue (while there are tracks there that I really like, for example the Guardian, it's not one of my favourite scores)

Rogue has its own poll option now, sorry about that.

Farlander1991
06-26-2015, 12:43 PM
Rogue has its own poll option now, sorry about that.

Cheers, thank you!

SixKeys
06-27-2015, 12:56 AM
AC1. That soundtrack is just magical. I love all of it, so it's hard to pick a favorite track. "Access the Animus", "Dunes of Death" and "Acre Horse Ride" (remixed as "No Mistakes" on the ACR soundtrack) are pretty iconic though.

After that it's:

2. ACB
3. AC2
4. AC4
5. ACR
6. AC Liberation
7. AC3
8. AC Rogue
9. AC Unity
10. Freedom Cry

ACfan443
06-27-2015, 02:22 AM
AC1. That soundtrack is just magical. I love all of it, so it's hard to pick a favorite track. "Access the Animus", "Dunes of Death" and "Acre Horse Ride" (remixed as "No Mistakes" on the ACR soundtrack) are pretty iconic though.

AC1's horse ride themes are some of the most awesome and memorable pieces of music from the game, which is why their omission from the official soundtrack (save for one) is a long held grievance of mine. My favourites are "Flight through Masyaf" and "Flight through Jerusalem"

http://youtu.be/I_NV5dHwMy4

http://youtu.be/EOKLYbYxCg4

Minimalist yet sublimely atmospheric, particularly Masyaf's.

VestigialLlama4
06-27-2015, 08:40 AM
AC3 is my favorite score of the series, especially the Homestead Theme (absent from the Soundtrack Album).

Black Flag had a good score but I prefer the sea-shanties and tavern songs on the whole more than the soundtrack (though I do like the main title theme best of all the games). I think all the games had good music until Rogue-Unity and to me AC2's great score is ruined for the fact that the recent games are making it fetish music in their quest for the new AC2.

Deezl-V
06-29-2015, 12:26 AM
Ac2

I especially loved the intense music of the boat chase.