PDA

View Full Version : Cross Platform Play

PigsR4Eating
06-25-2015, 06:24 AM
Any chance we'll see cross platform play? Specifically between the XBOX one and PC. Nothing against PS4 (I own one, along with a PC) the more the merrier just don't think its ever gonna happen.

cytovag69
06-25-2015, 06:32 AM
Any chance we'll see cross platform play? Specifically between the XBOX one and PC. Nothing against PS4 (I own one, along with a PC) the more the merrier just don't think its ever gonna happen.

Considering Ubisoft has its own server system (uplay) its possible however unlikely because no other Ubisoft has cross platform but this is the only Ubisoft game that I can think of thats heavy multiplayer so who knows nothing official though.

supabeatsbat
06-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Great idea! The more players, the better. Also with current control system there will be no advantage for mouse&keyboard users like in shooters and flying sims.
But getting cross-platform with PS4 gonna be tricky.
Has Sony ever agreed on cross-platforming with PC or Xbox at all?

Yugureki
06-25-2015, 11:38 AM
Great idea! The more players, the better. Also with current control system there will be no advantage for mouse&keyboard users like in shooters and flying sims.
But getting cross-platform with PS4 gonna be tricky.
Has Sony ever agreed on cross-platforming with PC or Xbox at all?

FFXI was between PC, PS2, PS3, and Xbox 360 so it's not impossible.

Fatal-Feit
06-25-2015, 02:25 PM
Considering this E3, the chances of X1 and PC having cross platform play does seem plausible, but I'm not very optimistic about it because this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

CG_HouseVincent
06-25-2015, 02:28 PM
Considering this E3, the chances of X1 and PC having cross platform play does seem plausible, but I'm not very optimistic about it because this is Ubisoft we're talking about.

There are different sections of the company that make games my friend. There is no reason for you to be so judgmental about these people before even seeing the final product.

Fatal-Feit
06-25-2015, 02:45 PM
There are different sections of the company that make games my friend. There is no reason for you to be so judgmental about these people before even seeing the final product.

Ubisoft's online MP games, IIRC, have never supported cross platform play, so I believe I'm in the right to not be optimistic about cross platform play in For Honor. That, and Ubisoft's history with PC.

CG_HouseVincent
06-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Ubisoft's online MP games, IIRC, have never supported cross platform play, so I believe I'm in the right to not be optimistic about cross platform play in For Honor. That, and Ubisoft's history with PC.

A little faith will do you some good. Being so pessimistic and proud all the time can lead to negative actions.

Fatal-Feit
06-25-2015, 03:06 PM
Do not mistake this for pessimism.

OutlawDr
06-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Cross platform play is something that would benefit gamers immensely. It means a much larger and more robust player base. This equates to better matchmaking and longer shelf life.

Unfortunately it doesn't happen due to it being an added pain in the *** for developing the game, and the fact that the console makers themselves don't want it to happen. There is too much of a push away from it in the industry, and not enough of a pushback from gamers demanding it to happen. In fact most gamers are perfectly content involving themselves in asinine console wars, which actually goes against there own self interest. Sony and MS would love nothing better than for you to continue this zealous loyalty for their product.

So yeah its unlikely, but as gamers we should push for it to happen. It would benefit all of us.You can even bring in PC since K/M doesn't look to have that much if any advantage over controller in for honor

PigsR4Eating
06-26-2015, 03:14 AM
From the footage they have shown there doesn't seem to be any advantage for PC gamers, as others have stated above. Even if they did include an archer in the game that was unbalanced I can think of solutions, such as splitting PC players evenly between both teams, or giving players on consoles the option to prioritize playing with other console players before PC players. I had a friend who played titanfall on pc with an xbox 360 controller and was often first, I think the disadvantage is overblown anyway. Just think of potential in game console wars, PS4 vs XBOX ONE! I think it would be neat. It would be awesome to hear from a developer about the possibilities or challenges in making this happen. Thanks for all the replies!