PDA

View Full Version : BOB damage model???? How complicated do you think it will be??

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 09:55 PM
I bet an model of an actual running engine is produced with seperate pistons pipes exhaust etc all capable of taking damage... I also think we will be able to see all the damage from a single bullet like entry and exit holes and damage on the bombers like some of the pictures of actual war damage... Fingers X'd!

Anyway Woot! for the BOB!

(Soz gettin excited!)

Message Edited on 10/06/0308:58PM by iamsnip

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 09:55 PM
I bet an model of an actual running engine is produced with seperate pistons pipes exhaust etc all capable of taking damage... I also think we will be able to see all the damage from a single bullet like entry and exit holes and damage on the bombers like some of the pictures of actual war damage... Fingers X'd!

Anyway Woot! for the BOB!

(Soz gettin excited!)

Message Edited on 10/06/0308:58PM by iamsnip

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 09:56 PM
I think that's a bit too much to expect, then again, you never know /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://www.spyderco.com/assets/product_images/medium/C07.jpg

'Smoke and a pancake?'</center>

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:01 PM
Well Oleg tried to do per pollygon/per bullete damage tracking and not hit boxes. I think thats what he will do. So you can track the bullete and see the hole it makes going in, and the hole it makes going out if it made it though. He had this working in IL2, but it slowed down the frame rates to much.

Gib

No fancy quote or cool photo.... YET

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Yes, I think Oleg is going for down modelling down to quite small bits of engines, individual stringers, longerons, etc, etc. He was grasping for words to describe it at the Birmingham presentation, but he is shooting very high - so it's very very closely mapped to reality.

Message Edited on 10/06/0310:05PM by mikeyg007

XyZspineZyX
10-06-2003, 10:05 PM
If you think about it, "whole" engine modelling would be the next step, along with the damage models being "almost" realistic. Quite an exciting prospect methinks. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif