PDA

View Full Version : Domion Mode interview

Narnsil
06-25-2015, 01:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVPrLzOKw5U

:cool:

cytovag69
06-25-2015, 01:12 AM
If all game modes are this deep I could probably put 1000+ hours of time into this game

CG_HouseVincent
06-25-2015, 02:36 AM
Thanks for this. I haven't seen this one yet.

Solid_Altair
06-25-2015, 07:21 AM
After watching the gameplay videos so much, trying to understand the parries, I ended up picking up on the rules of Dominiom. They're excellent! The territories are very important, apparently more important than killing heroes, which is fair since you'll prolly need to to kill dudes in order to take and maintain territories.

It's similar to Conquest mechanics in BF, but actually seem better, because underdogs have a better chance of winning, there is much more room for comebacks. In Conquest, having territories and killing enemies will drain their rewpawn tickets and that's it. In Dominiom, you put them in Braking when you reach 1000 points except the Zones grant 150 points each. So, a dude can take away a zone from you and that might make you drop bellow the 1000 points in which case he rallies, getting out of braking and being able to respawn again. And these 150 might also he takes from you might also be enough to put you in braking.

Besides temporarily granting you the 150 points (as long as you have it), each zone yields 1 point per second. So, if you have two zones, that's 2 points per second, plus the 1 pt you get for stomping adds, if you have the zone in the middle. And it seems killing a hero gives a few points (15, I guess), which doesn't seem like very much, in comparison to the gain from territories. And the score bars represent this very well, showing how much of your points depend on the 150s of your current zones.

The only thing that worries me in the momment is that an outnumbered enemy might just keep running away forever, when he brakes. So, the game should definitely have a bit of an aggressive timer that grants victory to the team that has more points, so we don't need to worry about chasing and catching a runner at the end of every game. Maybe the clock should only count or become more aggressive when a team brakes.

cytovag69
06-25-2015, 07:49 AM
After watching the gameplay videos so much, trying to understand the parries, I ended up picking up on the rules of Dominiom. They're excellent! The territories are very important, apparently more important than killing heroes, which is fair since you'll prolly need to to kill dudes in order to take and maintain territories.

It's similar to Conquest mechanics in BF, but actually seem better, because underdogs have a better chance of winning, there is much more room for comebacks. In Conquest, having territories and killing enemies will drain their rewpawn tickets and that's it. In Dominiom, you put them in Braking when you reach 1000 points except the Zones grant 150 points each. So, a dude can take away a zone from you and that might make you drop bellow the 1000 points in which case he rallies, getting out of braking and being able to respawn again. And these 150 might also he takes from you might also be enough to put you in braking.

Besides temporarily granting you the 150 points (as long as you have it), each zone yields 1 point per second. So, if you have two zones, that's 2 points per second, plus the 1 pt you get for stomping adds, if you have the zone in the middle. And it seems killing a hero gives a few points (15, I guess), which doesn't seem like very much, in comparison to the gain from territories. And the score bars represent this very well, showing how much of your points depend on the 150s of your current zones.

The only thing that worries me in the momment is that an outnumbered enemy might just keep running away forever, when he brakes. So, the game should definitely have a bit of an aggressive timer that grants victory to the team that has more points, so we don't need to worry about chasing and catching a runner at the end of every game. Maybe the clock should only count or become more aggressive when a team brakes.

I don't think this will be a problem because the losing time only chance of winning is capturing zones which would make them much more aggressive if anything.

Solid_Altair
06-25-2015, 07:59 AM
Yeah. It would be more like a troll trying to force a tie or just testing their opponent's patience until they stop chasing him and he can capture a zone or one stops chasing him and the other carries on, which would allow him a 1v1 chance. I don't think it would be a particularly powerful tactice, just an annoying one.

cytovag69
06-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Yeah. It would be more like a troll trying to force a tie or just testing their opponent's patience until they stop chasing him and he can capture a zone or one stops chasing him and the other carries on, which would allow him a 1v1 chance. I don't think it would be a particularly powerful tactice, just an annoying one.

I think the life or death final moments will be the most intense and exciting, if everyone plays like their suppose to.

Solid_Altair
06-25-2015, 08:56 AM
That's what we shouldn't count on. :nonchalance: We should count on propper rules, instead.

Fatal-Feit
06-25-2015, 03:01 PM
Apparently PC and consoles will launch at the same time. That's good to know!

Dead1y-Derri
06-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Apparently PC and consoles will launch at the same time. That's good to know!

Yes, that's good news for PC players. Historically on some Ubi titles they've had a long wait. AC Brotherhood comes to mind I think.

Solid_Altair
06-27-2015, 09:37 AM
Any word on a time frame for the release date?

Fatal-Feit
06-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Any word on a time frame for the release date?

Considering there's already a giveaway and we're getting a beta soon, the game might come out very early next year. Fingers crossed.