PDA

View Full Version : My Opinions...

AG104
05-19-2004, 04:51 PM
As of late, my only posts have been concerning the muzzle flash issue, a worthy cause (not for IL2 as much, but more for future games). But I'd like to voice an opinion of this latest patch. I do not get involved nor care about "the wait" or "this and thats" i read sometimes here. I would also like to say that i am appreciative of the developers work no matter what i say-they get paid to work, i work to get paid, and is so happen to buy their work-simple circle of life eh? Anyway...

The patch itself though leaves me wondering how many different versions of the Yak, Lagg, and Spitfire version I need, further more care about. I personally think that the only reason this game has so many planes is because they have perhaps an average of 5 variants per aircraft. Nothing special to me-i would be very happy if i had (say in the spit's case) the mk.I, mk.V, and the mk.IX...i dont see why they couldn't address the muzzle flash issue instead of working the i don't know how many varients of the spitfire they just released. IL-2 Sturmovik sure does run cleaner than a lot of simulators out today, but i am a little dissapointed with some things about it that i would like to say...
First off, i play B-17 II the Mighty Eighth a lot, but it is not for it is not for its gameplay or stuff like that-mainly i play it because i enjoy the visuals much more than any other game. Mainly what i am talking about is the tracers. Yes i know, sometimes like many Pac. theatre footage, you see plently of tracers, it was more common in gun camera footage for that Theatre of operations. But looking at hours of footage from the ETO/Eastern Front, i can clearly see tracers being put in at least 1 to 10 (counting all guns firing)...B17II does this well, anybody who plays this knows exactly what i am talking about. I fly the P51D in IL2 and see red dots for every single one of my bullets-Odd to say the least!!! My point is why not spend the months tweaking and even if needed adding in those beautiful effects instead of making all these versions of the same plane (oh excuse me flight experts, maybe not the EXACT same plane, but you get the idea i hope!). Another issue i'd like to discuss would be the gunners on bombers and rear-gunners. I read i think what Oleg said about not being able to address this-but honestly, it has been months on this patch right? He also brought up the whole ratio of fighters lost per bomber, but please, watch Clark Gables documentary on the B17's, i do not see a fighter getting hit on smoke on every pass, nor do i see it so easy to shoot down a B17. Either way, saying you will not rework the engine, etc... basically tells me you don't care about this game as much as the up and coming...well i would think every game is equal as long as you still make addons and patches right? Nuff said there.

Look, i know people are not going to agree with what i said, but this is General Discussion, and this is my opinion. Do not reply and start talking to me as though i am a child whining or whatever you guys call it-this is a merely one consumers opinion, and personally am trying to hope more think some of these issues as i do. I love simulators, and technology in general, and these forums can be a great help to everyone. Again, this is my opinion, and i just want to see if anyone else agree's with these issues i've brought up. If you're so aggitated that you have to start bashing me so rudely about some opinion or perhaps assumption i have, feel free to say it out loud and maybe i'll hear it in person! For those who appreciate opinions like these and can consider their meaning, whether that person could actually do something or not, i thank whole-heartidly in advance. To the general reader: THANKS FOR STICKING WITH THIS POST, FIN!

"My R & R thus ended abruptly, and I headed back to what had by then become, for me, the real world."
George Wilson

AG104
05-19-2004, 04:51 PM
As of late, my only posts have been concerning the muzzle flash issue, a worthy cause (not for IL2 as much, but more for future games). But I'd like to voice an opinion of this latest patch. I do not get involved nor care about "the wait" or "this and thats" i read sometimes here. I would also like to say that i am appreciative of the developers work no matter what i say-they get paid to work, i work to get paid, and is so happen to buy their work-simple circle of life eh? Anyway...

The patch itself though leaves me wondering how many different versions of the Yak, Lagg, and Spitfire version I need, further more care about. I personally think that the only reason this game has so many planes is because they have perhaps an average of 5 variants per aircraft. Nothing special to me-i would be very happy if i had (say in the spit's case) the mk.I, mk.V, and the mk.IX...i dont see why they couldn't address the muzzle flash issue instead of working the i don't know how many varients of the spitfire they just released. IL-2 Sturmovik sure does run cleaner than a lot of simulators out today, but i am a little dissapointed with some things about it that i would like to say...
First off, i play B-17 II the Mighty Eighth a lot, but it is not for it is not for its gameplay or stuff like that-mainly i play it because i enjoy the visuals much more than any other game. Mainly what i am talking about is the tracers. Yes i know, sometimes like many Pac. theatre footage, you see plently of tracers, it was more common in gun camera footage for that Theatre of operations. But looking at hours of footage from the ETO/Eastern Front, i can clearly see tracers being put in at least 1 to 10 (counting all guns firing)...B17II does this well, anybody who plays this knows exactly what i am talking about. I fly the P51D in IL2 and see red dots for every single one of my bullets-Odd to say the least!!! My point is why not spend the months tweaking and even if needed adding in those beautiful effects instead of making all these versions of the same plane (oh excuse me flight experts, maybe not the EXACT same plane, but you get the idea i hope!). Another issue i'd like to discuss would be the gunners on bombers and rear-gunners. I read i think what Oleg said about not being able to address this-but honestly, it has been months on this patch right? He also brought up the whole ratio of fighters lost per bomber, but please, watch Clark Gables documentary on the B17's, i do not see a fighter getting hit on smoke on every pass, nor do i see it so easy to shoot down a B17. Either way, saying you will not rework the engine, etc... basically tells me you don't care about this game as much as the up and coming...well i would think every game is equal as long as you still make addons and patches right? Nuff said there.

Look, i know people are not going to agree with what i said, but this is General Discussion, and this is my opinion. Do not reply and start talking to me as though i am a child whining or whatever you guys call it-this is a merely one consumers opinion, and personally am trying to hope more think some of these issues as i do. I love simulators, and technology in general, and these forums can be a great help to everyone. Again, this is my opinion, and i just want to see if anyone else agree's with these issues i've brought up. If you're so aggitated that you have to start bashing me so rudely about some opinion or perhaps assumption i have, feel free to say it out loud and maybe i'll hear it in person! For those who appreciate opinions like these and can consider their meaning, whether that person could actually do something or not, i thank whole-heartidly in advance. To the general reader: THANKS FOR STICKING WITH THIS POST, FIN!

"My R & R thus ended abruptly, and I headed back to what had by then become, for me, the real world."
George Wilson

Curly_109
05-19-2004, 05:16 PM
I personally think you're right in every way... but development team of this game (or at least some guys smarter than me) said that something can't be done at this level of gaming technology.

I must stick up with this and so we all are... What's the alternative? We have the best WW2 flying sim available and that's it. As far as bullet tracers are concerned, B-17 is better game than IL-2 (I think I've never hear me saying that http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif). Still IL-2 is far best, looking overall. B-17 is only a good game. O.K. maybe above average http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers