PDA

View Full Version : kind-of MOBA gamemode

JGeekBox
06-24-2015, 07:52 PM
After watching the gameplay shown some days back at the E3 i was thinking that maybe, this is the only type of game i wish to play like a MOBA.
For those unfamiliar with that kind of game mode, is fair simple
-5v5 4v4 3v3 option
-the map is splatted in 3 lanes and a jungle. Each champion fights in a Lane and the jungle has enemies that will give boosts to your team if you kill them (maybe lions and that kind of stuff for this game?)
-each lane has 3 towers you must destroy to clean the lane, after cleaning the lanes you choose(your strategy) you go after the principal objective, which is usually a crystal or some of weird stuff. I think that a castle could work for that, and the final objective is killing the king and some NPC guards.

I don't like the MOBA games that we usually hear about, SMITE, HoS, LOL, DOTA2. They're either too cartoony or way too boring
But i feel that FH has something these games don't have. A good fighting system.

The game already has the minions and a domination mode, how they can include the mode?
-Every lane tower will be a wall Fortress, the objective is to damage the door until it opens. There has to be a minion unit that is composed by 4 men with a three log, when they get to the door the will start damaging the door. For the defense of the tower there should be archers on it. When you destroy the door, they'll run away and join the nearest minion wave.
-No more changes to the game system, champions already have their especial ability, and even if is just one, Art of Battle system is enough. I enjoy fighting against skill and not against some whoopy-loopy powers.
-Donít include any store or wards.
-Minions spawn as seen in the trailer.
-After cleaning a lane, you win a Catapult unit, which will be used to damage the main castle, and then enter inside. The final objective is the King, and elite troops (more intelligent and strong NPCís that fight with inferior skill than normal players, but with more than the usual minion)

And thatís it, what do you think about it?

DrvrMike
06-25-2015, 09:29 AM
The game is already a MOBA. MOBA stands for "Multiplayer Online Battle Arena." lanes and towers don't have to define the genre.

TrikRisk
06-25-2015, 10:17 AM
I love League of Legends, but i would hate to see those kinds of matches in this game. I hate dominion on LOL and love it on For Honor

Eiddard
06-25-2015, 10:57 AM
The 3 lane map + jungle, is a map designed for longer games, around 30 mins, average, and it is designed for player progression in every match, so your character actually evolves through every game you play.

The only ingame progression that For Honor has that we know of is Feats, and that is not enough progression to have a really great 30min game experience.

Maybe if they do a bigger map for their Dominion mode, and add some extra objective, it would be fine. But I think that keep the game lenght in 10 mins average would be great for the game, since there is not actual levels in your character to level up in every game, and there is no items, so yeah, 10min games are fine.

JGeekBox
06-25-2015, 11:15 AM
The game is already a MOBA. MOBA stands for "Multiplayer Online Battle Arena." lanes and towers don't have to define the genre.

MOBA genre is defined by lanes, at least, that's what wiki said https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena

BTW, i'm not talking about a 100 percent LoL Style, I compare it more to the "Team Objective" mode in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, but with the advancing estructure of a MOBA (tower-lane-final objective)

I love League of Legends, but i would hate to see those kinds of matches in this game. I hate dominion on LOL and love it on For Honor
IMHO league is pretty boring at every point, the only domination I like is FPS domination modes, and also, league is not suitable for a domination mode so... For Honor is different because as Chivalry*, you can pretty much play with any game mode and i'll keep being fun. something hard to say about a lot of games nowadays

Gubermensch
09-23-2016, 10:29 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't received more attention. There are lots of creative ways this could be implemented...

In lieu of towers there can be elite mobs. In lieu of multiple lanes there can be one, although 3 lanes would be more interesting I think. Obviously there is a lot of work in generating environments... maybe a creative mod can create a mobo-like mode out of the current maps.

The zone capture mode seems pretty underwhelming, though I'm stoked for the game in general, if only for duels.