PDA

View Full Version : An idea for online play

Bull_dog_
01-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Something struck me after flying on line for a couple of months...the tactics and lack of coordination amongst pilots (except for squadron mates) makes for a somewhat unrealistic experience. In addition there are many servers that just don't have many players while others are full.

The idea: How about allowing an on line player to go into battle with AI wingmen...maybe a flight of 4 with typical commands? Or maybe just 1 ai wingman to watch your tail...this would help with survivability and escaping a bad situation.

I've never set up a server and don't know if this is possible, but since I haven't seen it I am making an assumption that it is not possible.... I wonder how hard it would be for Oleg to make this change and how popular this would be? Sure would make a difference where you have 4 or 5 players on a server each with a flight they command.

What do you all think? What is the best way to contact Oleg with ideas?

Bull_dog_
01-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Something struck me after flying on line for a couple of months...the tactics and lack of coordination amongst pilots (except for squadron mates) makes for a somewhat unrealistic experience. In addition there are many servers that just don't have many players while others are full.

The idea: How about allowing an on line player to go into battle with AI wingmen...maybe a flight of 4 with typical commands? Or maybe just 1 ai wingman to watch your tail...this would help with survivability and escaping a bad situation.

I've never set up a server and don't know if this is possible, but since I haven't seen it I am making an assumption that it is not possible.... I wonder how hard it would be for Oleg to make this change and how popular this would be? Sure would make a difference where you have 4 or 5 players on a server each with a flight they command.

What do you all think? What is the best way to contact Oleg with ideas?

LW_lcarp
01-17-2004, 11:09 AM
They call that a coop

Bull_dog_
01-17-2004, 12:29 PM
learn something new every day I guess...I've never flown a coop mission.