PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for game modes

AbyssWalkerX8
06-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Greetings fellow warriors!

I've put together a few game modes that I'd like to see in the final game:

1 vs. 1 online / splitscreen matches. Something like a gladiator arena mode.

Samurai vs. Vikings vs. Knights in Dominion. 3-way battle.

A "Hold the fort" mode -- one team attacking, another defending.

A "Capture the flag mode" -- teams have to capture enemy flags and return the flag to their base. Players co-ordinate their warriors to defend their flags or attack enemy flags. Flags will spawn at random places on a map.

Other features I'd like to see in the final game:

Horseback riding -- horses were a big part of medieval combat, it will make sense and be a brilliant feature in the final game.
Matchmaking with friends -- Let us set up matches with friends before searching for randoms to fill up a team online! I want to be able to form a team with a friend, so the team is 2/4 members, then search for unmatched players online to fill up the rest of the team 4/4, and then start the match. Far Cry 4 does not do this, please let us set-up matches with friends!
Being able to chat with players on my team (goes without saying)

Thanks for reading! Criticism welcome!

RakeVillain
06-24-2015, 08:19 PM
Greetings fellow warriors!

I've put together a few game modes that I'd like to see in the final game:

A "Capture the flag mode" -- teams have to capture enemy flags and return the flag to their base. Players co-ordinate their warriors to defend their flags or attack enemy flags. Flags will spawn at random places on a map.

Other features I'd like to see in the final game:

Horseback riding -- horses were a big part of medieval combat, it will make sense and be a brilliant feature in the final game.
Matchmaking with friends -- Let us set up matches with friends before searching for randoms to fill up a team online! I want to be able to form a team with a friend, so the team is 2/4 members, then search for unmatched players online to fill up the rest of the team 4/4, and then start the match. Far Cry 4 does not do this, please let us set-up matches with friends!
Being able to chat with players on my team (goes without saying)

Thanks for reading! Criticism welcome!

I completely support all your ideas, especially horse riding!

Solid_Altair
06-25-2015, 01:36 AM
Greetings.

They've confirmed Split Screen. I hope this is one of the ways Split Screen will be used. 1v1 online would be cool, too, both for practice and for real.

This tends to be unbalanced. Luck plays a big role, or two teams troll the third. I know it sounds exciting, but it usually doesn't end well. One team against the other is more fair.

Dominium already has attackers and defenders, though it sounds more like a skin. The game mode seems symmetric to me. I would like to see an actual attackers vs defenders mode, with the defenders guarding bases with two territories, one of the with Adds.. If attackers can seize both territories at once, they take the base and the defenders are forced to retreat, along with their Adds, to defend the two new territoies in the other base. Much like Rush in BF.

Another exciting idea that would hardly work. This isn't a shooter, so, having a line of sight on the carrier isn't enough to take him down. I gotta get to him and running away seems to be very very easy in this game, which isn't a problem in Domunium, because it's all about the territories.

I think it could still work, if the make it so the carrier can't run, have only one flag active at a time and make it so it must be carried from the enemy base to yours. Having Adds in the middle, on the most direct path would be cool, too. And if their AIs could be tuned to prioritize attacking the carrier, so much better. :o

I would love that, but wouldn't mind if they'd save it for a next installment. It seems extremely hard to implement in the same quality as they're doing the rest. I think it'd be great to have spears, if you're gonna have horses.

The threeway mechanics seem so promising for horse combat! I envision things like the horse/rider having a limited valor/balance (kinda like in The Witcher). Except instead of making it about spending time near enemies, it could be about how many times you get hit or have your fast attacks parried (this gauge could recover with time). Having a strong attack parried while riding should unseat the rider. As for the infantry, attacking from your side or up would target the rider, whereas attacking the side of the enemy/horse would attack the horse (which would damage the balance bar quite a bit). I also think the horses should be limited to some parts of the map, havig some objective innacessible to them. As for how to ride, I don't think it should be a class. It could be a feat. Maybe you oculd activate it and "call" a dude of the same class that would come along as a horse, while your current Hero would automatically retreat to base, or something. Or you could activate it and come as rider in the next respawn or if you manually return to base.

I agree it's important. The Purple-Haired Lady said they're on to matchmaking. I think they do this well.

supabeatsbat
06-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Also Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch would be great! (with no NPCs of course)

SerWarhammer
06-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Look this:

http://www.giostradelsaracinoarezzo.it/

is an event in my town with medieval knights. They could do something like that. plus i've another idea... gladiators in the Colosseum, in the reign of Nero, were fighting on a particular tiered structure and the goal of the fight was to knock out the fighter who started from the top. fighting could be a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1. In a ForHonor could create a method for-all where the player who manages to stay on top of the Property as long as possible, until the end of combat. therefore he does not win the last fighter on top but who acquires a higher score (of course, those who manage to reach the top and keep it until the end in the last moments, takes a certain number of additional points, but never as many as those we just take all 'start for 5-10 minutes), what do you think? :confused:

sorry but I'm a noob Italian and I do not speak English very well ..... let speak my sword later :cool:

P.S. can i fight with my real armour?
http://www.giostradelsaracinoarezzo.it/images/36/thumb_giugno2013_img_1551.jpg http://www.giostradelsaracinoarezzo.it/images/36/thumb_giugno2013_img_1554.jpg
and if i can't...... #FACEPALM http://www.giostradelsaracinoarezzo.it/images/37/thumb_settembre2013_ang_8917.jpg :cool:

Mr_Moonstone
07-02-2015, 05:16 PM
Greetings.

Dominium already has attackers and defenders, though it sounds more like a skin. The game mode seems symmetric to me. I would like to see an actual attackers vs defenders mode, with the defenders guarding bases with two territories, one of the with Adds.. If attackers can seize both territories at once, they take the base and the defenders are forced to retreat, along with their Adds, to defend the two new territoies in the other base. Much like Rush in BF.

[/LIST]

Hey hey,

i absolutely go with the "Hold the Fort" mode. It also reminds me of "Assault" in the old Unreal Tournament.
As an alternative to having to hold two spots you could just destroy/open/kill in a time limit something, like:

(3 phase assault): Open main gates -> take the upper castle -> kill the king

In general this mode offers many possibilities as for what has to be attacked. Another plus is the actual climax in gameplay you can reach if one of the assault phases reaches it's time limit.

ShadozeBR
07-02-2015, 09:33 PM
All I need to devote my life to this game is a 1v1 mode =]

But ya, Duels, FFA and TeamDeathmatch are must have in final release!

DarkHeavenSoul05
07-13-2015, 11:20 AM
But ya, Duels, FFA and TeamDeathmatch are must have in final release!

I extremely disagree with Free For All.

TheLight-Boogey
07-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Horseback riding is a big no no for me.

Why add something that detracts from the combat like that?

I like your game mode ideas though. Hold the Fort and CTF would be interesting with melee combat. I think a mode where it is 4v4 Team Deathmatch with no minions would be a nice addition to compliment the objective modes.

How awesome would it to have a best 2 of 3 clan match. 1st game Dominion, 2nd game CTF/Hold the Fort and the tie breaker is a straight up 4v4 death match.

PrivateZim
09-18-2016, 02:09 AM
How awesome would it to have a best 2 of 3 clan match. 1st game Dominion, 2nd game CTF/Hold the Fort and the tie breaker is a straight up 4v4 death match.

CTF is a dumb idea in this game. but other than that... hellz yes