PDA

View Full Version : Feature request: HUD switch serverside setting?

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Dear 1C team, dear Oleg,

Is it possible to make the HUD display a server side enabled setting?

I would very much like to have this feature (perhaps including an autologdetail option that only shows people joining and leaving the server, meaning no landing and crash messages).

This would imply not knowing whether you got a kill until you landed, much more conservative use of the engine and (with the extra autologdetail option) not knowing how many enemies are still flying. It would make the online wars generate to a greater extent the uncertainty and anxiety that real pilots must have felt while flying their missions.

Kind regards,
GH_Aufpassen!

Message Edited on 10/12/0308:30PM by Aufpassen

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Dear 1C team, dear Oleg,

Is it possible to make the HUD display a server side enabled setting?

I would very much like to have this feature (perhaps including an autologdetail option that only shows people joining and leaving the server, meaning no landing and crash messages).

This would imply not knowing whether you got a kill until you landed, much more conservative use of the engine and (with the extra autologdetail option) not knowing how many enemies are still flying. It would make the online wars generate to a greater extent the uncertainty and anxiety that real pilots must have felt while flying their missions.

Kind regards,
GH_Aufpassen!

Message Edited on 10/12/0308:30PM by Aufpassen

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 01:37 AM
I like this idea. A bit more mystery would add greatly.

Bump.

Lixma,

Blitzpig.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 02:05 AM
I would guess there will be more extensive settings for the HUD display in the future sims by 1C, up to and including, possibly, turning it off (allmost) completely as a server setting, except for, something as which you mentioned.

<p align="center">http://forums.ubi.com/i/icons/Symbols/symbol-us-flag.gif </br></br><font size="1" color="white"><u>RealKill</u></font></p><font size="1" color="#4A535C">