PDA

View Full Version : Customization will be important Devs.

CG_HouseVincent
06-23-2015, 07:14 PM
The game play is great. It is deep and renewable. The game play will not get old because it always feels fresh. It will always be satisfying to play with your team and defeat opponents over and over again; however, customization will be key in allowing players to feel as if they are progressing as a player. To have achievements or unlocks for winning a certain amount of games or getting a certain amount of executions. You name it! There needs to be a proper reward system in order to keep players coming back.

I also think it would be a great idea to add a ladder system. This would create a competitive atmosphere that allows the motivated to achieve a higher rank than others. BUTTT this needs to be seen through cosmetics or titles or customization. There needs to be a way to strike fear into your opponents through cosmetics (not affecting game play so it is still fair/competitive/esporty). This way people know that when they see a samurai with black armor and hints of silver or a flag/banner on their helmet or back it means STAY THE F AWAY FROM THIS GUY or prepare to die cruelly. There needs to be unique rewards that distinguish between the good, great, and absolutely amazing/elite/pro players.

Another example that other games implement is titles. Reward the top 5% of players with certain specific titles. Each season the players with the titles will change depending on rank and in order to keep the titles the players must continue owning others on a competitive level. This creates competition and a sense of 1% power without affecting game play.

Something to keep in mind though is that not many players are going to be the best so do not WASTE resources on creating weapons/armor for the top 5% because this will cut into revenue. Make simple things that have a lot of meaning; such as titles or mastery. This way you can create amazing art and content for everyone which will keep them engaged rather than just creating it for the top couple thousand of players.

One last thing I think needs to be said is to create sets of armor/weapons that may not be ultra amazing and must have. This is because everyone will be wearing the same thing if it is to show they did something in game. This happens a lot in Halo games. All players end up buying the most expensive gear and do not look very unique from each other. This doesn't create a sense of persona or identification with your OWN character. Try to create sets and weapons that are just as cool as the others so that players do not feel discouraged to not wear them after the first week. Rarity is fine, but having a personal look shouldn't be discouraged because you cannot show off how good you are with another piece of armor/weapon that you may think looks less cool than the personal look you have (this is hard to explain, but I hope you see my point).

Thanks for reading some of my feedback. Looking forward to seeing how this game evolves and progresses. It is already at an excellent point in development and the passion driving this team is felt throughout the world. Keep up the motivation and keep up the drive.

I THULSA DOOM I
06-23-2015, 08:57 PM
All of the above, I need a steady supply of new armor, helmets, chest plates, colors. etc. I just ask that it not be zebra print bling swag and that it be purely cosmetic.

Doctrinaire
06-23-2015, 09:32 PM
yeh, no zebra...it's all about the leopard prints! :cool:

I THULSA DOOM I
06-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Exactly, leopard is the only print for a true samurai.

So are taunts and tbagging in?

CG_HouseVincent
06-23-2015, 10:53 PM
I thought Samurai used more patterns, like stripes and shapes on their traditional robes and clothes; is this correct? The armor I am unsure of as designs go.