PDA

View Full Version : Community Spotlight: Morfyboy

RetiredRonin
06-23-2015, 03:25 PM
If you’ve been close to the Trials community over the last few years, then you probably already know the person in our next Community Spotlight. I’ve been lucky enough to have known Morfy for a while now, and it seems that he only has one goal on his agenda. From Twitter (https://twitter.com/morfyboy1) & Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/morfyboyz?pnref=story), to the Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/855897-MORFYS-TOTAL-TRIALS-thread) and YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/MORFYBOY), Morfy has been doing whatever he can to make sure that people have FUN with Trials.

Ninja track highlights, YouTube compilations and the occasional trash talk are only some of the highlights from his vast repertoire of activities. As are doing a bit of side work in a pretty large off-shoot of the Trials community, the OTHG (Over The Hill Gang) (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/857270-The-Over-The-Hill-Gang-weekly-HLC-s-(-Hot-Lap-Challenge-s-)). If you need something and he can help, then he’ll do his best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZy7wgaLSQs

The main point I am trying to make is this; given the chance, Morfy will be an awesome friend to anybody reading this. Unassuming, only slightly opinionated, and always available to talk some trash, there is always something going on with the Morfyboy.

As is the case with Community Spotlight, I sent him a stack of questions and these are his replies.

What is your first memory of Trials?
My first memory of Trials is actually seeing community videos on YouTube. I had bought the game, but didn't play it straight away. Once I had seen these track videos, I jumped straight on it.

Why do you play Trials?
I play trials for a couple of reason really. First is that I get pure enjoyment from the game, as its instantly addictive. It's a game where you just NEED to better yourself all the time. Secondly is that it has brought to me a few hobbies that I wouldn't have given a second thought to if I didn't start playing Trials. Those being that I have learnt how to edit videos, run a small, but ever growing YouTube channel, and also, that I joined the Redlynx forum. Thirdly, I actually got into track creating. I built on HD & Evo, and I found this to be very satisfying. Even though my early stuff was a bit 'still in progress' lol.

What’s the best part about Trials community?
The best part of the Trials community for me personally, is all the friends I've made, across the board. From riders, to builders, to the Devs themselves. Especially Being part of the OTHG (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/857270-The-Over-The-Hill-Gang-weekly-HLC-s-(-Hot-Lap-Challenge-s-)) too. A great part of the community to be part of for sure. There is such kindness within the Trials community, and that is always a good thing within any community in my opinion.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/CM-morfyboy-HLCtweet_209813.jpg

How do your friends react when you talk about Trials?
Lol. This is a good question. To my non-gaming friends, they just don't get it I think. I probably bore them when I talk about my global rank, when I platinum a track, or when I figure out some logic in the editor.
As for my Trials gaming friends, well, they just totally get it. It's a Trials thing after all.

How does it show outside that you like Trials?
All my social media sites are dedicated to Trials in one way or another. All I try to do, is to share my passion for the game, and the community on a whole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IMghcuJUUI

What’s your favorite memory related to Trials?
I have more than 1 stand out memory related to Trials. Here goes:

• Being a Trials Evo riddle key holder is something I will treasure. A huge thank you and much respect to LORD Melchett for going to retrieve this, and sending it to me. I will never forget this.

• Getting the True Fan on Evo still holds its worth for me.

• Getting all my Trials goodies sent is an amazing feeling. Not knowing they are coming until the Postman knocks is something I won't forget.

• Being part of the OTHG, and partying up with some notorious characters is quality. The laughs and the fails alike are great memories.

• Being asked to help with the Trials Evo 'Community Track of the Week' was brilliant. Knowing I helped with this on occasion was great that I could help. I got to see another side of the game, and just how much work was put into this.

• I enjoyed doing the Trials Evo ninja and speed-run video series on YouTube with Retribution was a great few months. That took a lot of work, and it was well received by all. It's always great to get positive feedback when you do something like this.

I have many more, but these stand out the most.

What’s your first Trials game?
My first Trials game was Trials HD and never looked back.

What are your favorite types of tracks (easy, hard, technical, fast, trials, skill game, fmx, XSX)?
My Favorite types of tracks are medium to hard/technical hard. I like to speed run tracks, but also like a challenge too. I also enjoy a good skill game too.

Which tracks, UGC or Career mode?
I enjoy both sides.

When it comes to competition do you prefer multiplayer or leaderboards?
It's got to be leaderboards. Once you get stuck into a track, you just have to better yourself. That’s the Trials addiction. MP is a lot of fun with friends, though.

Who’s your biggest rival?
My biggest rival is myself. 'I have no rival, no man can be my equal' lol. That's from a Queen song. (It’s ‘Princes Of The Universe’ to be more specific. – Shifty)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJ8lpCQbyw

What would you like to say to all the readers?
For those who I know, and know me, I just want to thank you all for making my Trials experience a cool one; both through the game, and the forum. For those that don't own or have not played any Trials games, I highly recommend you check it out. If you find you like it, then come join our excellent community. Don't be shy. Get involved. If you happen to be like me, and are *cough* an older gamer(30+), then be sure to check out the Over The Hill Gang Thread. It's all good fun.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/line-break_202859.png

Thanks again for taking the time to talk to us, Morfy. That’s what we have for the Community Spotlight this time, but make sure to keep checking your Forum PMs, PSN, Uplay and Xbox messages. You never know when you might get something from us asking for an email address.

Morfyboy
06-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Thnx RL, and Shifty for the cool intro dude.. its been great fun, and may it continue.. ;)

PneumaticBog484
06-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Well deserved, you're an amazing leader of this community Morfyboy. Keep it up man! :D

Morfyboy
06-23-2015, 07:27 PM
Well deserved, you're an amazing leader of this community Morfyboy. Keep it up man! :D

Aww, cheers bud.. :)

aMcConghie16
06-24-2015, 12:33 AM
@Morfyboy Congratulations much deserved as bog said :)

Track 3 pit viper is up for this weeks hot lap challenge

OTHG for the win:)

Lukeyy19
06-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Nice one Morfyboy, it's always nice to hear about how much enjoyment someone gets out of this game and it's community.

Rudemod 69
06-24-2015, 09:47 AM
I would imagine this feature made your day, Morf. It made mine and it's not for me, lol.

Well deserved, mate.

Any earthquakes lately? :D

Morfyboy
06-24-2015, 05:13 PM
@MacConghie, @Lukeyy19,
Cheers guys.. I've just had an excellent experience with the game and community so far.. And may it continue..;)

@rude
Lol. It did mate when I got asked. Thnx buddy. :) As for the Earthquakes.. The Epi centre, Hit Morcambe bay, (10-15 miles away) twice while we were doing the voice over for that video.. Just mild tremors, followed by an aftershock.. It was actually the highest recorded on the Ricta scale for a long time.. I think it was a 3.5, which for the UK, is high.. we had a few power cuts, but only lasted split seconds thankfully.. It was more the noise that freaked me out as it was a huge bang. It was an eventful hour, that's for sure.. Lol :D .I tweeted about it, as it made the news, so there are links somewhere.
Just gutted my audio wasn't the best in the video.. A lesson learnt. :)

elCamsterino
06-24-2015, 07:16 PM
Hey Morfy :cool: congrats on the spotlight! What more can I say that hasn't been said already? Keep up the good work! ;)

Morfyboy
06-28-2015, 08:04 AM
Hey Morfy :cool: congrats on the spotlight! What more can I say that hasn't been said already? Keep up the good work! ;)

Cheers bud.. :)

funktastic-
06-28-2015, 02:55 PM
I have seen your name about seen you around the forum and things but didn't realise how much you do for the community bud , forums like this are only like this because of the commitment of its members and not forgetting the style the devs are in this place. Some forums are somewhat just a box of red tape and computer generated responses. Its thanks to guys like your self and many who commit time and resources to the place which in all keeps it a human place to belong to and really an actual real " community ".

I myself haven't spoken to u much and didn't realise alot of the above stuff which is why this thread is great stuff.

congrats bud , and give hi five to tony hart lol ,

Morfyboy
06-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Cheers Funk..
I like to get involved with things when I can.. It makes it more interesting to be part of this community I think.. ;)

bigbow62
06-29-2015, 05:33 PM
CONGRATS Morfy.....thank-you for being part of the OTHG since July 2012,only one month after we were born. [ OTHG 3 YRS ]

Morfyboy
06-29-2015, 07:41 PM
CONGRATS Morfy.....thank-you for being part of the OTHG since July 2012,only one month after we were born. [ OTHG 3 YRS ]

Still going strong BossMan. ;)

JetArtois
07-08-2015, 10:43 PM
Congrats on the Spotlight pal, well chuffed for you, great read. Sorry my congrats is a bit late via here. Nice one brother. X

Morfyboy
07-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Congrats on the Spotlight pal, well chuffed for you, great read. Sorry my congrats is a bit late via here. Nice one brother. X

Thankyou Jase.. #TrialsMite ;)

emcee
07-13-2015, 04:32 PM
True fan for sure!

Morfyboy
07-13-2015, 04:41 PM
True fan for sure!

Cheers buddy.. Nice to see you back in action.. :)

purpleoozi
08-10-2015, 04:52 AM
Great read-

Never spoken to, seen, or heard of MorfyBoy but he sounds like a really cool guy.

Morfyboy
08-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Great read-

Never spoken to, seen, or heard of MorfyBoy but he sounds like a really cool guy.

Hehe.. Cheers Oozi.. You sound like a good guy.. :)

D2Dahaka
08-15-2015, 09:46 AM
Seems like I miss everything. Congrats morf you earned it :D

purpleoozi
08-16-2015, 03:19 AM

It's only Morfy... You didn't miss much :)

Morfyboy
08-17-2015, 07:42 PM

Cheers Davey.. :)

It's only Morfy... You didn't miss much :)

Hehe.. Good ole Oozi.. ;)