PDA

View Full Version : Problem with hosting a mp match on keyboard.

IBlubbiI
06-23-2015, 01:14 PM
-

IBlubbiI
06-23-2015, 01:15 PM
I was playing mp the other day, and i figured that you must have changed something, because whenever i was a host and resetted to the last cp, a window popped up, asking me "if i wanted to skip the map" or not. So, since we were playing ninjas and i obviously resetted more than once it started to annoy me quite a bit, because i couldnt do anything after a cp reset before closing that window.

http://i.gyazo.com/eaf58040415c3fa21c842cbf6d2b12b6.png

After the match, i went into the keybinding settings and checked what was going on.

https://i.gyazo.com/7df40486c9ef9a6cf91410237d662e4c.jpg

Ok, i found the new option, but in the options it shows that it's bound to backspace, while resetting to a cp is bound to R. However, i changed the keybinding back to standart settings and after that back to my settings, just to make sure that this "skip track" option wasnt bound to R by standart. After that, i went into mp again and well..... the window popped up everytime i reset to a cp (so everytime i pressed R) even though you can see in my options that it is bound to backspace.

The only explanation for this that i can imagine is, that restart the track was by default bound to R and not to backspace and you forgot something while implementing the new feature so it is bound to the default "reset the track"-button.

The most simple solution to this would be to just change the "reset- default key" to R and the "restart-default key" to backspace. I doubt anyone uses the default configuration anyways, because you need your right hand to play with the arrows, which are far away from any other key, so you wont use them to reset to the last cp (since thats an option that you use fairly often), whilest your left hand is only used for wasd (fmx), and therefore (since you barely use that when playing ninjas, speedrunning) always free to reach to the nearby R-button to reset to the last cp.

Well, just my 2cents on that, i just hope that problem will be addressed as soon as possible because hosting a mp match became nofun for me, since the last update :/

En0-
06-23-2015, 01:17 PM
Hello,

I am going to give that to the dev team.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,

IBlubbiI
06-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Ty, En0 :)

BenShermanUbi
06-23-2015, 04:36 PM
I was playing mp the other day, and i figured that you must have changed something, because whenever i was a host and resetted to the last cp, a window popped up, asking me "if i wanted to skip the map" or not. So, since we were playing ninjas and i obviously resetted more than once it started to annoy me quite a bit, because i couldnt do anything after a cp reset before closing that window.

http://i.gyazo.com/eaf58040415c3fa21c842cbf6d2b12b6.png

After the match, i went into the keybinding settings and checked what was going on.

https://i.gyazo.com/7df40486c9ef9a6cf91410237d662e4c.jpg

Ok, i found the new option, but in the options it shows that it's bound to backspace, while resetting to a cp is bound to R. However, i changed the keybinding back to standart settings and after that back to my settings, just to make sure that this "skip track" option wasnt bound to R by standart. After that, i went into mp again and well..... the window popped up everytime i reset to a cp (so everytime i pressed R) even though you can see in my options that it is bound to backspace.

The only explanation for this that i can imagine is, that restart the track was by default bound to R and not to backspace and you forgot something while implementing the new feature so it is bound to the default "reset the track"-button.

The most simple solution to this would be to just change the "reset- default key" to R and the "restart-default key" to backspace. I doubt anyone uses the default configuration anyways, because you need your right hand to play with the arrows, which are far away from any other key, so you wont use them to reset to the last cp (since thats an option that you use fairly often), whilest your left hand is only used for wasd (fmx), and therefore (since you barely use that when playing ninjas, speedrunning) always free to reach to the nearby R-button to reset to the last cp.

Well, just my 2cents on that, i just hope that problem will be addressed as soon as possible because hosting a mp match became nofun for me, since the last update :/

Hello IBlubbiI,
Thanks to your feedback, we did managed to reproduce that issue and working towards to fix it ASAP.
Unfortunately it wont be available in the next title update but we will surely include it to the one after.

As a workaround for now, change the CP reset option from "R" to any other button.

Thank you for support and sorry for the inconvenience. :)

Regards,

En0-
06-25-2015, 04:54 PM
Hi iBlubbil,

Can you please confirm the work around is OK?

Cheers,

IBlubbiI
06-26-2015, 01:10 AM
Hi iBlubbil,

Can you please confirm the work around is OK?

Cheers,

Yeah, the workaround does work, i am just not used to having reset on a different key than R so i keep pressing it on accident :)

En0-
06-26-2015, 06:01 AM
Great, we'll fix the issue (not the next update, but the one after).

Cheers,