PDA

View Full Version : Possible Stuka BUG in patch?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:16 PM
S!

I've noticed that Stuka releases ALL of its bombs with a single keystroke on the "weapon 4" button.
It is no longer possible to make 2 bombing runs, i.e. first to drop SC50 bombs and then SC500. Now all of the bombs drop simultaneously.
Before, we could drop them in pairs (first the bombs on the wings, then the one on the undercarriage).

Every other bomber in the gfame can drop their bombs in pair, so this must be an BUG.
And a huge one, I can't understand how the beta testers have missed it??

Message Edited on 08/12/0306:24PM by Robi_15_JG52

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:16 PM
S!

I've noticed that Stuka releases ALL of its bombs with a single keystroke on the "weapon 4" button.
It is no longer possible to make 2 bombing runs, i.e. first to drop SC50 bombs and then SC500. Now all of the bombs drop simultaneously.
Before, we could drop them in pairs (first the bombs on the wings, then the one on the undercarriage).

Every other bomber in the gfame can drop their bombs in pair, so this must be an BUG.
And a huge one, I can't understand how the beta testers have missed it??

Message Edited on 08/12/0306:24PM by Robi_15_JG52

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:40 PM
bump

Anyone tried this?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:48 PM
During beta, some people requested this "feature", although I also think it is a step backward rather than an improvement. What most people really want is an option to select which bombs to drop, as this is standard on most other sims and IRL. What I would do in a Stuka is drop my big bomb from a dive, then drop my smaller bombs in a fast low pass on my way home. You couldn't do that before, and now you still can't.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:01 PM
But before you could first drop your wing bombs and then the central, thus being much more effective.
And it was like that IRL.

Which dumba$$es requested this nonsense??!!

And who are they (a few beta testers) to decide for the whole world??!!!

I am VERY angry with this (as can be seen).

I urge everyone here who thinks like me to unite and force Oleg to turn it back as it was in the next add-on if not before.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:07 PM
Robi_15_JG52 wrote:
- But before you could first drop your wing bombs and
- then the central, thus being much more effective.
- And it was like that IRL.
-
- Which dumba$$es requested this nonsense??!!
-
- And who are they (a few beta testers) to decide for
- the whole world??!!!
-
- I am VERY angry with this (as can be seen).
-
- I urge everyone here who thinks like me to unite and
- force Oleg to turn it back as it was in the next
- add-on if not before.
-
-

Robi, just for you im posting a pic of this "nonsense" /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
http://www.historianet.com.br/imagens/geral/stuka.gif

Message Edited on 08/12/0307:08PM by Olli_72

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Too early days yet. How can anyone be so definitive after just a couple of hours. Maybe there`s something there not yet seen. Maybe an extra control config... point is keep testing. Don`t fire off the hip so fast!

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:12 PM
Which was the one used in real life? I preferred the old way too though..

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:12 PM
You totaly missed the non-sense, Olli.
He is not saying he DO NOT WANT BE ABLE TO DROP the whole bomb load in one time.

He wants the possibility to drop bombs SEPARATLY.

Some time he while drop the WHOLE bomb load, some time not so he can do several bomb run.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:26 PM
That's right!
JaboTex understood me.

I cannot possibly understand how something like this could be accepted by Oleg, when he's so keen on keeping things historical.

Thank God that now all the players in the world will be able to do something with these outrageous bugs, not just a handfull of testers.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:45 PM
I thought the rule about bombing is drop all your bombs on the first run because doing a second run would be suicidal since all the AAA withen 2 miles would be firing on your aircraft.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:56 PM
ColoradoBBQ wrote:
- I thought the rule about bombing is drop all your
- bombs on the first run because doing a second run
- would be suicidal since all the AAA withen 2 miles
- would be firing on your aircraft.
-
-

Thats true ...even tho i may have misunderstood your post i dont understand the word "bug" in your post Robi, a bug is a software error. Just cos selective bombrelease isnt implemented doesnt mean its a bug. As you can see from the pic i posted bombs were dropped this way so it is historical accurate.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 08:59 PM
If someone can show proof that the bombs can be dropped seperatly, then I'm sure Oleg would be glad to implement it...

http://home.grics.net/~donovan/lzsymbls.jpg
"Though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea."

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:08 PM
omg this has to be one of the most ******est threads i have ever read. sorry I dont post much because most of the stuff on here is baby's and what not... People disgust me at how much they whine about little bitty itty things that are obviously eaaaasily fixed AND SEEMING how this is pretty much a beta patch GET OVER IT it will be fixed in the future.. my god.. Here comes the patch whiners already... Heres a tip. Try coding ur own patch and see how many "bugs" you have in yours compared to this one.. heh.. bit of exageration there.. but my god.. I guess the world is gonna end because you now only make one pass on a bomb run <which will probably save ur life because now u get out of dodge quicker> instead of making two.. awwwww... here's ur bib.. whipe those tears my fellow FB for it WILL be okay.

Marauder

heh.. Im laughing while im posting this

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Okay I stand corrected. This isnt the most ******est post on here sorry sir. n ~S~ back at ya.. I believe the one with RBJ saying people who use comms should be banned is the most ****** thing I have read...

~S~
)v(arauder <yeah thats a M pretty nifty huh?>

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:25 PM
I just read a story in Black Cross Red Star that tells of Stukas loitering over a target making repeated dive bombing runs at Soviet transports.

Clearly, the pilots could select which bombs they would drop, wing, center or both.

<center>
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2cb22/KosSig.gif

America: #1 military...#15 in literacy...
Because right wingers run our military
and leftists run our schools!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:28 PM
LoL

Ok, so you jump in your Stuka, head towards the target, struggling to get enough alt (we all know how long it takes in the JU to get alt).
Over the target, at 3000m, you roll over, extent your divebreaks (to avoid getting too fast!), drop half of your bombs (the AA has waken up meanwhile) and then, with your slow speed...you want to do what? Climb again to dive-alt? Or just make a turn to drop your remaining bombs in a shallow dive? (remember, the AA guys are now up and eager to kill you because you just blew up their pub/toilet)
How stupid is that?
I assume the "real" pilots wanted to get out there as fast as possible. Every 2nd attack would likely be suicide.

I think it's fine how it is now - before it was unrealistic.

TBird

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:39 PM
i think it was changed because in original il2, once you dropped bombs, you would pitch up quickly, thus allowing pretty low drops. in pre patch fb, you have to drop bombs, then turn off dive brakes and pitch up manually. i would rather have it like in the original, but i would like it even more if you could choose which bombs to drop and still have the auto-pitch up mechanism.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:55 PM
Cossack13 wrote:
- I just read a story in Black Cross Red Star that
- tells of Stukas loitering over a target making
- repeated dive bombing runs at Soviet transports.
-
- Clearly, the pilots could select which bombs they
- would drop, wing, center or both.

Are you sure that they didn't drop all their bombs on the first run and due to the lack of AAA, they came back with their guns?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
In any case, all of the bombs dropping is severely counter productive. I mean, you only need one bomb to destroy a target. It is wastefull to drop 1000kg of bombs on one tank.

<div align=center>http://www.members.shaw.ca/fennec/plane.jpg </div><font size=-9>

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:02 PM
They shouldv't put the sc250 on "weapon 3" and sc500 on "weapon4", so you could drop them either simultaneously either separately.
I suppose that they did that so you can drop ALL bombs when you use umlimited ammo.

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>
<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:05 PM
To be accurate, the problem *was* this:

If you dropped a bomb, any bomb, the auto pullout feature kicked in and brought your nose up. So, you could never drop additional bombs in a controlled manner.

A fix for this was requested, and it seems this is the response. I'm not 100% sure if the Stuka allowed "bomb selection"; all the footage I've ever seen showed all the racks emptying out at once. And I *do* know that the machine did have an auto pullout feature.

So, the real question is twofold:

1) Did Stukas really drop ALL bombs upon release?
2) If so, how should the autopullout work so that it doesn't pull your nose up when you drop the first bomb?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:14 PM
Well, I'm not an expert but, I always found it strange that you still had to drop bombs seperatly. Let's face it. The whole purpose of the STUKA, was to dive, drop their bombs and get out in seconds notice. You don't want to make another pass. the STUKA is very diffrent then the Il-2 sturmovik. The latter was just made to cover the battlefield and shooting at anything hostile.

The STUKA's only purpose, its only reason of existence was those seconds in the dive. Not to climb. come back and make another pass.

I've seen footage where the bombs drop simultaneosly.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php/)

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 10:22 PM
Was it even capable of pulling out of a dive with that kind of weight still strapped on without taking any structural damage, especially on the wing stations? An awful lot of stress for that kind of G, many modern planes still have G restriction with stations loaded.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
ColoradoBBQ wrote:
- Are you sure that they didn't drop all their bombs
- on the first run and due to the lack of AAA, they
- came back with their guns?

The account mentioned additional bombing attacks and the Stukas climbing back up to altitude to drop them.

I've never seen an account of Stukas attacking ground targets with their MG's.

<center>
http://members.verizon.net/~vze2cb22/KosSig.gif

America: #1 military...#15 in literacy...
Because right wingers run our military
and leftists run our schools!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 11:50 PM
BfHeFwMe wrote:
- Was it even capable of pulling out of a dive with
- that kind of weight still strapped on without taking
- any structural damage, especially on the wing
- stations? An awful lot of stress for that kind of
- G, many modern planes still have G restriction with
- stations loaded.
-
-
Good point, about the STUKA.

And maybe the G-limit's are there because they didn't want the plane to be too heavy.

To withstand more G's, you need a heavier construction and that is not something you want in an airplane

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php/)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 11:44 AM
Well I'm a fan of the Stuka, have flown it a lot before the patch and i do like the second bombrelease feature altough id didn't like the fact you could not select wich bombs to drop!~

Anyway to have a chance of getting away alive I would drop the first load on the intended target then use the zoomclimb to get back some altitude and dive bomb the nearest AAA emplacement so to be able to get away alive and tell the succesful raid!

Real live pilots would ofcourse not take excsesive risk like striking again when there was AAA(the last a/c to bomb the target had the slimest chance of survival)

But then again they also would want to destroy the target because otherwise they would have to return again wich was even more dangerous!

Of course there should be a possibilty to drop the bombs seperatly for you dont want to waste your heavy ordonance on lets say a officers jeep? and you not going to waste your 50 kg bombs on a Cruiser!

On D-Day when P-47's dropped their 3X Heavy bombs on the Atlantic Wal they had to drop them al at once because of the high diving speed of the jug and the two Heavy boms under the wings, would rip of there wings when climbing out.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:22 PM
EvilBen wrote:
- If someone can show proof that the bombs can be
- dropped seperatly, then I'm sure Oleg would be glad
- to implement it...
-
-

Just look at the stukas dashboard, there are switches where you can select witch bomb you release.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Well well well...Let's pretend you could only drop all at once huh? Kinda makes life easier, doesn't it?

"Someday this war's gonna end..."