PDA

View Full Version : My friends and I have reached an impass. I need comrades.

TheGreyHawk
06-23-2015, 09:42 AM
I am in a bad spot.

My closest friends and I have been playing co-operatively in all online games since the beginning of our own personal gaming era. No exceptions, we play together. We wreck it together. We stand as one. In all shooters, RPGs and strategy games, we work together as a team to win. We all have our own unique role to fulfill, and we all serve the same role every time. One dual-wielding "barbarian" class, one mixed "tank" class with agility and shields, and one "Assassin" class. I always play as the assassin class, no matter the game. Always.

When For Honor was announced, we were all stoked. Seeing how badass the three characters were and how awesome the combat looked, we were already sold. We're going to be ultimate team of three, controlling the battlefield together as a task force of raw epicness.

I didn't really consider one thing, though. We're all role-players. We're all Northerners. They are dead set on playing as the Viking team, 100% of the time.
However, as much as I want to play as a Viking, I cannot when it's the Samurai team who 100% represents my playstyle in all games.

What is a lone wolf supposed to do when the game hits the shelves in the stores? Am I supposed to just go Rogue (literally) and seek them out on the Battlefield and foolishly attempt to slay them? As tempting as it may sound, it doesn't really feel right. I will be greatly outnumbered and fighting against them feels so wrong.

However, I must stand by my principals.

I am hoping that the character customization will be so deep that I can create my own sort of "Viking assassin", but I highly doubt that it is going to happen. I am therefore hoping find allies who also prefer to lurk in the shadows before striking their prey.

I'm getting a bit carried away here. To make it short; Seeing as how there is no "Assassin" class for the viking team, would any of you be willing to befriend me when the game comes out, so I don't get slaughtered by going solo in such a team-oriented game?

Thanks in advance. Still hoping for the deepest character customization system in a game yet.

cytovag69
06-23-2015, 09:51 AM
I am in a bad spot.

My closest friends and I have been playing co-operatively in all online games since the beginning of our own personal gaming era. No exceptions, we play together. We wreck it together. We stand as one. In all shooters, RPGs and strategy games, we work together as a team to win. We all have our own unique role to fulfill, and we all serve the same role every time. One dual-wielding "barbarian" class, one mixed "tank" class with agility and shields, and one "Assassin" class. I always play as the assassin class, no matter the game. Always.

When For Honor was announced, we were all stoked. Seeing how badass the three characters were and how awesome the combat looked, we were already sold. We're going to be ultimate team of three, controlling the battlefield together as a task force of raw epicness.

I didn't really consider one thing, though. We're all role-players. We're all Northerners. They are dead set on playing as the Viking team, 100% of the time.
However, as much as I want to play as a Viking, I cannot when it's the Samurai team who 100% represents my playstyle in all games.

What is a lone wolf supposed to do when the game hits the shelves in the stores? Am I supposed to just go Rogue (literally) and seek them out on the Battlefield and foolishly attempt to slay them? As tempting as it may sound, it doesn't really feel right. I will be greatly outnumbered and fighting against them feels so wrong.

I am hoping that the character customization will be so deep that I can create my own sort of "Viking assassin", but I highly doubt that it is going to happen. I am therefore hoping find allies who also prefer to lurk in the shadows before striking their prey.

I'm getting a bit carried away here. To make it short; Seeing as how there is no "Assassin" class for the viking team, would any of you be willing to befriend me when the game comes out, so I don't get slaughtered by going solo in such a team-oriented game?

Thanks in advance. Still hoping for the deepest character customization system in a game yet.

If u think about it your tank friend should be on the knights, but I'm a samurai guy myself but I'm also an Xbox guy...

TheGreyHawk
06-23-2015, 09:56 AM
If u think about it your tank friend should be on the knights, but I'm a samurai guy myself but I'm also an Xbox guy...

I agree with this to some degree. However, he's not the type of "heavy" tank, he is more in between the middle. It's a bit difficult to explain. He is dead set on playing as the Viking with the shield.

That is unfortunate. If only cross-platform had been implemented already.

cytovag69
06-23-2015, 10:22 AM
I agree with this to some degree. However, he's not the type of "heavy" tank, he is more in between the middle. It's a bit difficult to explain. He is dead set on playing as the Viking with the shield.

That is unfortunate. If only cross-platform had been implemented already.

Well don't forget there is a dual wielder class beserker Viking so if you into speedy attacks that would be a favorable compromise.

TheGreyHawk
06-23-2015, 10:52 AM
Well don't forget there is a dual wielder class beserker Viking so if you into speedy attacks that would be a favorable compromise.

If the weapons are short. I am not a fan of axes and swords. Daggers and Seax (Which is a Viking weapon) would do, though. If it's in the game, I am sold!

cytovag69
06-23-2015, 11:01 AM
If the weapons are short. I am not a fan of axes and swords. Daggers and Seax (Which is a Viking weapon) would do, though. If it's in the game, I am sold!

The duel axes are probably the smallest weapons in the game if not the samurai wakashi but I believe the wakashi wielders carry a regular katanas as for daggers I think your out of luck no matter which class you pick and even if there were you would be at a severe disadvantage since there lack of range an blocking capabilities.

TheGreyHawk
06-23-2015, 12:15 PM
The duel axes are probably the smallest weapons in the game if not the samurai wakashi but I believe the wakashi wielders carry a regular katanas as for daggers I think your out of luck no matter which class you pick and even if there were you would be at a severe disadvantage since there lack of range an blocking capabilities.

I know, I tend to forget that daggers aren't really that practical in essence.

I'm such a nitpicky person, and I hate it at times.

Still, I appreciate what you've said. Thanks.

TrikRisk
06-23-2015, 12:31 PM
I think you should go to where you feel the most belonging. You will have fun with them anyway, this time by slaying them and not slaying with them.

cytovag69
06-23-2015, 12:37 PM
I know, I tend to forget that daggers aren't really that practical in essence.

I'm such a nitpicky person, and I hate it at times.

Still, I appreciate what you've said. Thanks.

Ha! I'm the same way. Anyhow glad I could help hope everything works out for the best.

Fatal-Feit
06-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Well, the game is currently in its early stages of development. Maybe the final product won't always impose factions vs factions and there will be some game modes where you and your friends can team up together, regardless of the different factions.

TheGreyHawk
06-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Well, the game is currently in its early stages of development. Maybe the final product won't always impose factions vs factions and there will be some game modes where you and your friends can team up together, regardless of the different factions.

Wow. The thought of that. I didn't think of it.

That would literally solve the problem.

cytovag69
06-23-2015, 01:40 PM

That would be pretty sweet though I kinda doubt it but I hope that at least one game mode is like that.

MathiasCB
06-23-2015, 04:16 PM
You should totally convert to vikings :cool:

MisterWillow
06-23-2015, 05:03 PM

He did mention a seax, though, which varied wildly in size (some of the blades were over twenty inches long). I'm hoping there's a speedy Viking class with a couple of these.

Kenji_Hattori
06-24-2015, 04:39 AM
I am in a bad spot.

Check out the link in my signature. It leads to a thread with quite a few fellow Samurai. We are all friends here, and if you wish to, or maybe in your case have to, slay The Legion and The Warborn then i will always fight by your side. I am sure more people there and on some other threads will more then welcome you into our ranks.

Sixty-nl
06-24-2015, 08:10 AM
I am hoping for that as well, in the end i will probably play with all Factions. But if i can team up with my friends as an Samurai and other 2 friends are viking and knight, well thats going to be Legendary.

Me2gud4U
06-24-2015, 12:53 PM

Zombi Survival Mini Game, Undead Enemies!!! Yeaaahhh boiii