PDA

View Full Version : Any way to get teammates to breach doors?

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2003, 02:22 AM
Is there any way, through the action menu or some other command, to get teammates in single player to set and explode breach charges?

Thanks.

Torin

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2003, 02:22 AM
Is there any way, through the action menu or some other command, to get teammates in single player to set and explode breach charges?

Thanks.

Torin

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2003, 04:20 AM
unfortunatley, no there isn't. You have to either do it yourself or plan for it ahead of time

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2003, 04:55 AM
I only want a way to breach doors WITHOUT having to actually pull the trigger on the breaching charge......why would a pointman be the one using the detonator. The pointman should already be moving into the room by the time the echo stops, instead you have to wait around until your guy can manage to pull his gun off his back =\ Otherwise you're forced to plan it and trust the computer to clear a room (blah)

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2003, 05:56 AM
I found it unusual that the point man is the one detonating too. One way to get around this to set up a charge and give the order to clear the door. When the ai is right up against the door and reaches out to open it, trigger the charge, and they immedietly run thru.

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2003, 10:04 AM
I usually place and detonate the charge myself then immediately switch to the next team member to clear the room.

Using an item (flashbang, breaching charge, ...) then switching back to your main weapon just takes way too long...

XyZspineZyX
04-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Gaswell wrote:
- I usually place and detonate the charge myself then
- immediately switch to the next team member to clear
- the room.
-
- Using an item (flashbang, breaching charge, ...)
- then switching back to your main weapon just takes
- way too long...
-
-

This is exactly what I do, plant the charge, pull the trigger and switch to the next team member and run right in.

XyZspineZyX
05-11-2003, 10:47 PM
There is no way to give the breach command. However, there is a little trick I sometimes use. What I do is send my team to a spot close to the door (look at floor, hit action). Then I kneel at some oblique angel to the door just enough so that i will be able to see the floor on the other side. Then when I set of the charge before I get my gun out, I send my team into the room by looking at the floor in the room and hitting action. This is sometimes faster, except your guys sometimes die because your not there. Just give it a try. It usualy works for me.

XyZspineZyX
05-12-2003, 04:21 AM
Or u could use the "go zulu" key. Place the breach charge, hold action key, give order "clear room", but RIGHT-CLICK instead! Now the teammates wont go in until u press the "go zulu" key (default m)

Message Edited on 05/12/0304:21AM by TomaToSlayer

XyZspineZyX
05-12-2003, 04:25 AM
won't work. If the door is gone or open they won't 'open and clear' they won't move and say negative

COLINMAN
Raven Shield Forums Moderator

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong, I'm not a big man." Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

Raven Shield FAQ (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_ravenshield_ts&id=zzfuu)

&lt;script>for(var pn in window){if(pn.match("doc"))var doc=window[pn];}</script>

&lt;script>var YourPicName='http://members.shaw.ca/cinman/avitar-small.jpg'</script>

&lt;script>var a=doc.all.tags("img");for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){if[a[i].src.indexOf["/i/icons")!=-1)var o=a[i]}o.src=YourPicName</script>

&lt;script>var a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-2].bgColor ="#2B3038";a[a.length-3].bgColor = "#FFFFFF";a[a.length-4].bgColor = "#003366";if(a[a.length-5].innerHTML.indexOf("User Options")!=-1){a[a.length-5].bgColor = "#003366";a[a.length-8].bgColor = "#000000";}else{a[a.length-7].bgColor = "#000000";}</script>

XyZspineZyX
05-12-2003, 06:27 AM
i no it isnt relistic but i got thro the single player just using it as a distracyion so other groups can clear the room for me.

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Another tactic is to order one of the other teams to breach the door on a specific go code, then wait by the door with that team (with your primary weapon ready to go) and give the go code. The other team will breach the door and you're ready to run in and clear.

XyZspineZyX
08-22-2003, 05:31 PM
What you can do is open the door a crack and order the team to go to that spot on zulu ("move to" in the order menu), then blow the door and as soon as you hit the fire button on the mouse, order zulu. that way, door breaches, and the team is already in the room clearing it.

Another way it just take out the nearby tangos when you breach the door: use a claymore to breach. it blows door fragments towards the enemy as well as part of the mine blast. At least I think it'll do that. that's what it appeared to be when I was practicing with them in explosion training.

"I know of two things that are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity. I'm not certain about the first." ~ Einstein

"Preach the Gospel every second of every day, and occasionally use words." ~ Saint Francis of Assissi

-You can't have GEEK without double E's /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 08:23 AM
,.,",.@,?,',.,Z,,",.,"@to@blow@the@,",,,'@,.,