PDA

View Full Version : The strengths of each Faction.

CG_HouseVincent
06-22-2015, 09:22 PM
I have been watching many interviews with the developers and I think I may have the faction strengths lined out because of what they have said.

There are three main strengths in the game that I can see so far: power, stamina, and speed. Each faction has an ideal bonus.

Knights - large Stamina; clad in heavy armor with slower speed and medium power.

Vikings - large Power; heavy, brutal attacks with slower speed and medium stamina.

Samurai - large Speed; fast, agile attacks that hurt dramatically when executed, however, lack power and stamina.

These seem to be the underlying themes that I can see thus far. What are your thoughts on the factions and their bonuses?

I have also noticed the wallpapers for each faction on the home page of the official site identifies the three sub classes within each faction.

Knights - Sword/flail and board fighter, the Warden (two handed claymore bruiser), and a halberd skirmisher.

Vikings - Heavy battleaxe brawler, a soldier duel wielding axes, and a fighter wielding an axe and shield.

Samurai - Oni (swordsmen), duel wielding short swordsmen, and a spear-like warrior.

It is quite obvious that the ones with shields have additional health with a defensive bonus, however, the Oni and Warden are more balanced in their faction approaches to speed, power, and stamina. I find it extremely difficult to compare the faction sub classes because they are in no way similar. For instance, the Samurai do not have a heavy stamina sub class that I can see. This makes the game depth better and more alive because of how each faction feels in their appearance and probably their gameplay. What are your takes on the sub classes that are not yet introduced? These are just my observations and deductions on what I have seen so far,

Doctrinaire
06-22-2015, 09:53 PM
I think it would be very cool if a player could drop their weapon and pick up the one of their defeated enemy.

I honestly hope the knight will have an option for a lighter broad sword. I love the knight class, but am not such a lover of the long sword. :p

the mace/flail looks like a lot of fun too. I don't think anyone could take that to the side of the head and stand up still, LOL!

CG_HouseVincent
06-23-2015, 01:12 AM
I think it would be very cool if a player could drop their weapon and pick up the one of their defeated enemy.

I honestly hope the knight will have an option for a lighter broad sword. I love the knight class, but am not such a lover of the long sword. :p

the mace/flail looks like a lot of fun too. I don't think anyone could take that to the side of the head and stand up still, LOL!

I don't think the first suggestion would be a very good idea. Although, it would diversify game play and challenge the player to adapt their play style to that particular weapon. However, I believe the developers have already said that they would only stick the sub classes to their original weapons. This could change though because it is still in alpha.

I believe the sword and board type of knight in the wallpaper is going to have a short sword or flail as a weapon so consider yourself heard.