PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Weather Thoughts?

S_JL33
06-22-2015, 08:01 AM
Hi All,

Just a quickie. I sure hope with this being next gen that they have the ability for use of dynamic weather effects. How great would it to engage in battle under the moon when it's muddy pooing with rain. Having arrow sore down which are set alight in the forests. I sure hope this is a feature as Samurais would tend to attack at night to kill within the shadows.

Just a thought I had..

Me2gud4U
06-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Well its a great idea, however i think its better to have map based weather since matches wont take longer than 15 minutes i assume.
That way you'll know what to deal with on each map and that can create a better competitive environment.

EDIT: There could also be dynamic weather on maps like you said, you could have rotation of weather changes what could give advantages to certain classes or fractions...that way teams can plan on that.

slicknick99
06-22-2015, 08:35 AM
Yes! All I know is that there has got to be a snowy level of some sort included for the viking multiplayer map!!! but as said before it may be cool if each map cycled its weather just to change the atmosphere/aesthetic of each match

Me2gud4U
06-22-2015, 08:41 AM
Yes! All I know is that there has got to be a snowy level of some sort included for the viking multiplayer map!!! but as said before it may be cool if each map cycled its weather just to change the atmosphere/aesthetic of each match

Maybe less so for an aestetic but lets say you have a snowy map, and at like the 5 minute mark there is a snowstorm every time. That way Samorai assasins could plan on that and hide in the storm to get some free damage thanks to surprise attacks, or players can plan on it and fight for an indoor objective where the storm has no effect?
Some feats, like hail of arrows will not be usable in storms.

BuddyJumps
06-22-2015, 10:44 AM
The time limit for one match is actually 20 minutes. :) A lot of things could happen in 20 minutes... Imagine a downpour at the castle or like you said a snow storm in the mountains. At least the 'world' should be dynamic. All other things we are talking about right now are dreams in my opinion... maybe not? ;)

TrikRisk
06-22-2015, 11:49 AM
That would be cool yes but as long as it doesnt change gameplay that much so ppl dont say we won cus of weather. i hate that in FIFA --'

for example: "oh, you just won cus a lightning strike hit me" totally lame --'

spaff_meister
06-22-2015, 12:54 PM
I would greatly appreciate different weather conditions for different maps (or some variation on that). This game is obviously focusing on a visceral, cinematic aesthetic, and weather conditions (if done well) would add to that a lot.

Fatal-Feit
06-22-2015, 02:56 PM
This is quite possibly the best fan idea I have seen for this game. I imagine it could work like in AC3's MP, where each map has different day/weather variations. i.e day, night, snow, windy, etc

It's quite possible for the devs to implement if they haven't thought of it already.

Doctrinaire
06-22-2015, 04:42 PM
if the rain or snow falls so heavily that we cannot easily see the enemy, I would like this.

Me2gud4U
06-22-2015, 04:59 PM
You guys are getting it! ;D yes exactly!

slicknick99
06-22-2015, 05:27 PM
perhaps the occasional thunderstorm with huge bolts of lightning in the distance!

MisterWillow
06-22-2015, 06:14 PM
perhaps the occasional thunderstorm with huge bolts of lightning in the distance!

Really like this idea.

Imagine it's night, the cloud cover obscures the moon. You can see only a few feet in front of you, but you can hear battle-cries and the sounds of metal grating and then a bolt of lightning arcs through the sky, revealing a mass of soldiers clamouring in the throes of war, and an enemy soldier running right toward you.

The light fades after an instant, and the footsteps draw closer. You can't see what makes them, but you know the enemy is near. Then, another flash and you realise they're upon you, mere inches from you. They bring their weapon down over your head, but you deflect.

Darkness again. You swing, but cut only through air. Another bolt tears through the sky and you see your opponent only by their outline. You swing again, they guard, and counterattack. You take a blow, but are hardly wounded enough to retreat.

The light fades, and you both are still. When the next flash occurs, you hit them in one side, then the other. They deflect the third blow, but you recover as the night consumes you both again.

Suddenly, you hear a war cry and raise your weapon instinctively, parrying a strike, and attack in kind, connecting with something soft. A wet thud is heard and when the lighting comes again, your opponent lies on the ground, motionless, and you run toward the battle still raging...

Admittedly, something like that might be entirely impractical from a gameplay standpoint (especially with the UI as it is---though that's not discounting the ability to turn it off). Still, something similar would be epic.

S_JL33
06-22-2015, 06:45 PM
This is quite possibly the best fan idea I have seen for this game. I imagine it could work like in AC3's MP, where each map has different day/weather variations. i.e day, night, snow, windy, etc

It's quite possible for the devs to implement if they haven't thought of it already.

Why thank you Fatal Feit - I'm glad every has the same enthusiasm as me. The trailer showed variations in itself but this was just light vs dark with the viking scaled in beautiful hill tops whereas the Samurais were almost disguised in the night. Rain and lightening would definately make this game a world beater IP

You guys are getting it! ;D yes exactly!

The excitement is real !

Exactly !! I hope they incorporate forests. Purely for the samurai faction, add in additional darkness. The enemy team could flood them out with rains of lightening bolt arrows. Would be epic !

MajorCynik
06-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Hi All,

Just a quickie. I sure hope with this being next gen that they have the ability for use of dynamic weather effects. How great would it to engage in battle under the moon when it's muddy pooing with rain. Having arrow sore down which are set alight in the forests.
Some nice weather effects would be great, really enhance the gritty atmosphere. Battling in a muddy field and all slip-sliding a little making things a little trickier may be interesting.

I sure hope this is a feature as Samurais would tend to attack at night to kill within the shadows.
You're thinking of Ninja's rather than Samurai. Samurai would be bold as brass and front you up no problem, no hiding in shadows, where's the honour in that? ;)

S_JL33
06-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Really like this idea.

Imagine it's night, the cloud cover obscures the moon. You can see only a few feet in front of you, but you can hear battle-cries and the sounds of metal grating and then a bolt of lightning arcs through the sky, revealing a mass of soldiers clamouring in the throes of war, and an enemy soldier running right toward you.

The light fades after an instant, and the footsteps draw closer. You can't see what makes them, but you know the enemy is near. Then, another flash and you realise they're upon you, mere inches from you. They bring their weapon down over your head, but you deflect.

Darkness again. You swing, but cut only through air. Another bolt tears through the sky and you see your opponent only by their outline. You swing again, they guard, and counterattack. You take a blow, but are hardly wounded enough to retreat.

The light fades, and you both are still. When the next flash occurs, you hit them in one side, then the other. They deflect the third blow, but you recover as the night consumes you both again.

Suddenly, you hear a war cry and raise your weapon instinctively, parrying a strike, and attack in kind, connecting with something soft. A wet thud is heard and when the lighting comes again, your opponent lies on the ground, motionless, and you run toward the battle still raging...

Admittedly, something like that might be entirely impractical from a gameplay standpoint (especially with the UI as it is---though that's not discounting the ability to turn it off). Still, something similar would be epic.

I'm feeling this. Although I feels it's more for a movie. I'd love there to be cut scenes before the battle whereby we could incorporate the above. Battles lining up with rain pouring only visible by the lightening strikes in the sky. Charging at each other... then the battle commences. Also at the end of the battle a cutscene of the final 2 players hacking at one another. With the leader of the faction holding up the others head lol

slicknick99
06-22-2015, 08:10 PM
I don't think lightning should actually strike down on people or anything like that, it should be merely aesthetic to go with the rainy/muddy battle scenario. Also do you think fog could be cool? or would it make things to difficult?

MajorCynik
06-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Also do you think fog could be cool? or would it make things to difficult?
Fog could be cool. I think it would only work on a larger open area though.

Lightning should definitely NOT be striking players though. This is not dungeons and dragons after all ;)

RangerNarco
06-22-2015, 10:16 PM
In the easiest when you take sun on your back you could take advantage of it. You can take advantage or be disadvantaged by every lighting and weather.

S_JL33
06-22-2015, 11:00 PM
I don't think lightning should actually strike down on people or anything like that, it should be merely aesthetic to go with the rainy/muddy battle scenario. Also do you think fog could be cool? or would it make things to difficult?

Definately agree with this. No way would I want this to be an element of the battle. Purely for aesthetics.

Some nice weather effects would be great, really enhance the gritty atmosphere. Battling in a muddy field and all slip-sliding a little making things a little trickier may be interesting.

You're thinking of Ninja's rather than Samurai. Samurai would be bold as brass and front you up no problem, no hiding in shadows, where's the honour in that? ;)

True. But samurai were still cunning with their force. I'd imagine they'd suit the night even on the battlefield

Kenji_Hattori
06-22-2015, 11:58 PM
Hi All,

Just a quickie. I sure hope with this being next gen that they have the ability for use of dynamic weather effects. How great would it to engage in battle under the moon when it's muddy pooing with rain. Having arrow sore down which are set alight in the forests. I sure hope this is a feature as Samurais would tend to attack at night to kill within the shadows.

Just a thought I had..

YES! That would be fantastic, when i was learning Kenjutsu, it was mine and my sensei's favorite time to practice in the rain. It always looks the coolest in the rain. Also i hope there is a fight taking place in the snow, snow is my favorite type of weather.

Kenji_Hattori
06-23-2015, 12:03 AM
Really like this idea.

Are you gonna make the movie? Because it looks like your gonna make the movie.

Oakmantle
06-23-2015, 12:09 AM
As if reflecting our hearts, the rain falls like tears from the heavens. Indiscriminately, it washes away the dirt and our blood all the same... yet we must not forget. I see the crimson tint in my blade, even as all physical traces are swept away. A future build upon sacrifice is all the more precious, and for that reason we must forge on. Through storm and gale, waist-deep snow and slippery ice, raging sands and uneasy footing... Stay strong. Our fallen have gone on ahead: We will rejoin them in time. Victorious.

I just find that weather is an absolutely amazing ambient component, even if it doesn't necessarily have mechanical effects - Although those are also most welcome!

Dead1y-Derri
04-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Bumping this back up to the top because I think this is an excellent suggestion.

Ruikio
05-09-2016, 03:08 AM
Some maps had fog I think.. so weather bits would be awesome. :)

Fatal-Feit
05-09-2016, 04:57 AM
Here to show my support for this thread again! Dynamic weathers and morning/evening/night cycles would keep players from getting fatigued with the same maps.

Ratt1eHead
05-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Defiantly needs dynamic weather. Rain storms, lightning strikes and flash floods or mud slides to change landscapes. Snow storms to affect visibility.

Sandro____
11-23-2016, 01:13 AM
would be nice and all.. but we should be able to turn it off or tweak it somehow, not everybody wants extra effects in your face that sucks all your FPS away ( bf1 for example ) especially when you 1v1ing somebody in a high pressure situation.

dynamic weather should be enabled in 4v4 mode, 1v1 and 2v2's should stay the same.