PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting i've noticed...

Namikaze_17
06-22-2015, 01:10 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned but in Syndicate's CGI trailer, a raven is seen flying across London instead of the typical eagle.

http://www.gamedynamo.com/images/galleries/photo/5117/e3-2015-ubisoft-assassins-creed-syndicate-62.jpg

This is strange yet interesting as it further signals to me that the raven is indeed symbolic of Jacob in some way. ( Might also explain why Evie isn't in it)

What could this mean? Well it could mean many things... for one, the raven was believed by Greeks to be a messenger ( which could be first civ related); It also is considered an embodiment of sadness, loss, and death.

Jacob could fit any of these things or none of them but I figured I bring up a discussion about it. What do you guys think? Is there anything else the raven could mean?

Feel free to discuss. :)

VoXngola
06-22-2015, 01:15 AM
I thought that was a Rook and simply a reference to Evie's and Jacob's gang which is called the Rooks.

I-Like-Pie45
06-22-2015, 01:20 AM
this probably means evie will die and jacob goes insane from the grief.

as a result, he starts to suffer mental breakdowns where he wears evie's clothing and targets female prostitutes resembling evie to kill them and take their skin, becoming jack the ripper

post-game, when playing as evie we will really play as jacob in his evie suit

ze_topazio
06-22-2015, 02:02 AM
this probably means evie will die and jacob goes insane from the grief.

as a result, he starts to suffer mental breakdowns where he wears evie's clothing and targets female prostitutes resembling evie to kill them and take their skin, becoming jack the ripper

post-game, when playing as evie we will really play as jacob in his evie suit

Assassin's Creed Code Veronica

I'm thinking Evie will get her own CGI trailer at some point.

Namikaze_17
06-22-2015, 02:05 AM
I thought that was a Rook and simply a reference to Evie's and Jacob's gang which is called the Rooks.

Good point; I suppose that could be it as well.

Xstantin
06-22-2015, 02:08 AM
It's funny but 1886 had the rook as a symbol mixing up chess piece and ravens of London

Locopells
06-22-2015, 10:08 AM
Given the bird that the Tower of London is most famous for, I would have said this one was obvious...

SofaJockey
06-22-2015, 12:14 PM
It's London.
It should be a pigeon ;)

Sorrosyss
06-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Love these kinda speculations, keep em coming. :D

To be honest when I watched the trailer the first time I didn't really take in the bird. Some reason I registered it as an eagle, which is of course wrong, and stupid. :p

Now I look at it, it really could be either a Raven or a Rook. Rooks generally have white beaks, and despite the lighting it looks like that is a lighter colour than the darker Raven beak.

So I'm going for Rook. As others have said, due to the gang name.

The_Kiwi_
06-23-2015, 12:51 AM
Isn't it obvious?

Evie is a warg

She is the bird

Namikaze_17
06-23-2015, 01:09 AM
Isn't it obvious?

Evie is a warg

She is the bird

Watching over Jacob?

Makes sense.

ERICATHERINE
06-23-2015, 04:21 PM
And that same bird is also on the diorama of the last picture of the first comment of that tread. ^-^
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1164901-Ubisoft-reveals-books-and-collectible-products-for-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed%C2%AE-Syndicate