PDA

View Full Version : Will you add realistic stairs movement?

BuddyJumps
06-21-2015, 07:20 PM
I think it would be awesome to see realistic downwards and upwards stairs movement. Right now the figures are walking up stairs as if they were walking up a ramp with no steps.
I know, the game is early work in progress. It will come out in the year of 2016. It's time for games to be more realistic; and adding actual steps to stairs is definitely a step forward. I miss it a lot in 'high quality' games. It doesn't feel and look believeable, when actors in the game walk up or down stairs as if there weren't any steps...

Imagine the warrior 'caaarrying' his heavy armor up the stairs or down. If they actually hit the steps it would look so more realistic and add more depth to the game. Plus I don't think that it would be that expensive to add that feature.

Cheers!

Training mode with 1v1 in a small room or something might be pretty sweet, too. ;)

Solid_Altair
06-21-2015, 11:53 PM
I think the movement in stairs looks really good. It's fast paced game. Realistic climbing with all that armor would prolly be too slow.

TrikRisk
06-22-2015, 12:02 AM
i agree with solid_altair in this one

BuddyJumps
06-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Don't get me wrong, they would be as fast as now. ;) It'd just look more realistic if they 'hit' the steps with their feet. I know this is complaining about first world problems, but dammit it's gotta be better than this in 2016. :P

MajorCynik
06-22-2015, 06:14 PM
I think the movement in stairs looks really good. It's fast paced game. Realistic climbing with all that armor would prolly be too slow.

I'd have to agree with this point above. For me what would be more important would be that if an attacker has a height advantage, like being a few steps up from their opponent, then maybe the strikes from that higher position would be a little heavier, dealing a little more damage. Or something along those lines.

Sonuchi
06-22-2015, 08:30 PM
I'd have to agree with this point above. For me what would be more important would be that if an attacker has a height advantage, like being a few steps up from their opponent, then maybe the strikes from that higher position would be a little heavier, dealing a little more damage. Or something along those lines.

This would be a nicer feature if they would increase the health of the player too, in my opinion. An attack from above would be a good idea, but I can imagine many players just waiting at the top or trying to get to the top to attack and deal more damage. Increase in hit points would allow this feature to blend in better.

Also, the stairs would be pretty cool, but I would say it would have to move smooth like what I saw in the demo footage, and the warriors would be animated to skip a few steps while running up/down. If they ran down each and every step like what was done in Metal Gear Solid 2, then it would really slow down the pace of the game. Smooth and fast, but realistic would be pretty neat to see.

MajorCynik
06-22-2015, 09:46 PM
This would be a nicer feature if they would increase the health of the player too, in my opinion. An attack from above would be a good idea, but I can imagine many players just waiting at the top or trying to get to the top to attack and deal more damage.
I see your point but in this case I would imagine there would not be so many steps and staircases in each map that could significantly contribute to that being a viable and unbalancing game tactic.

Giantism
11-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but i think I noticed this is the recent closed alpha. going down steps involved light hops and footwork, while going up hills looked weighty and was slightly slower.