PDA

View Full Version : Declaring your presence to an enemy's back

RoyalDoc
06-21-2015, 07:15 PM
A game mechanic that seems already in play is taunting your opponent. This could easily be expanded to include communication with allies as well, in case to say "follow me!", "retreat!" Or even "split them up!"

However, in the spirit of playing as a knight, one may wish to call out to an unaware opponent, before engaging in lethal action. So perhaps some way of calling out to the enemy's back in a noticeable manner in order to proceed in an honorable and just battle with your opponent's full attention.
In action it kinda be as such: The shallow hearted hero, Red(female), stands over watching from above. The valiant and noble hero, Blue(male), encroaches from behind. Blue uses his "Have at thee!" shout out, targeted at Red, who's screen provides her with a visible and audible alert that someone is calling to her specifically. She turns and immediately lunges at Blue.

Thinking about it now, you could use "shout outs" towards your own teammates, to allow communication for players unable to use voice chat. That would be extremely beneficial!

P.S. Super-duper-mega hyped for this IP!!!

TrikRisk
06-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Great point of view, but I think they already have that in the game where you can taunt an enemy and that enemy hears and looks at you. i think it functions that way

Solid_Altair
06-21-2015, 11:52 PM
Hopefully the taunts will suffice. Some HUD element could be cool, too, as you suggest. Good idea.