PDA

View Full Version : 4v4v4 Faction Brawl (possible new gamemode)

slicknick99
06-21-2015, 04:56 PM
Inherently this game has the potential to have all out faction warfare with a 4v4v4 multiplayer game mode. However, with what has been shown to the public I think a 4v4v4 would be clunky if done in a game mode such as "Dominion" which is already flawless no need to muck it up with a tertiary faction in there. (it may be just me thinking that). So I'm asking you guys, lets brainstorm few good game modes where all three factions can be involved!

Also I know the developers made a point that this game was meant to have a smaller scale to its multiplayer count to make each encounter with an opponent more personal (which I f***ing love). Do you think having a third team to fight is a good or stupid idea? and if you want to see it in the game how would you personally want to see these three factions fighting?

And to the Devs if you're reading thanks for taking the risk on creating a game like this, this is truly a game I have always wanted to be made since I was young but I never thought any Studio would have the balls to try. You guys are truly exploring something great here. THANK YOU!!!

Kenji_Hattori
06-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Inherently this game has the potential to have all out faction warfare with a 4v4v4 multiplayer game mode. However, with what has been shown to the public I think a 4v4v4 would be clunky if done in a game mode such as "Dominion" which is already flawless no need to muck it up with a tertiary faction in there. (it may be just me thinking that). So I'm asking you guys, lets brainstorm few good game modes where all three factions can be involved!

Also I know the developers made a point that this game was meant to have a smaller scale to its multiplayer count to make each encounter with an opponent more personal (which I f***ing love). Do you think having a third team to fight is a good or stupid idea? and if you want to see it in the game how would you personally want to see these three factions fighting?

And to the Devs if you're reading thanks for taking the risk on creating a game like this, this is truly a game I have always wanted to be made since I was young but I never thought any Studio would have the balls to try. You guys are truly exploring something great here. THANK YOU!!!

Honestly i would like the idea of an all out faction war. but i think maybe not 4v4v4 maybe instead 3v3v3 and instead of domination mode, it would be 8 points of capture, each team starts at one, can capture enemy points and the neutral points. with each point captured you gain 1 tick on your score, whoever reaches the tick limit first wins. And when you capture a point it gives you extra ticks. Like well give it 500 ticks, everyone starts at 1 tick every 5 seconds for each point captured. You cannot however capture a factions original point, so they have a safe point to spawn and whatnot. i think that would be a cool mode for a faction all out war.

Doctrinaire
06-21-2015, 07:26 PM
I like this faction vs faction vs faction idea as well, but I think a faction's spawn point should be cap. people are going to be eliminated, it would only make sense that one could defeat an entire faction so they can no longer play.

Kenji_Hattori
06-21-2015, 07:34 PM
I like this faction vs faction vs faction idea as well, but I think a faction's spawn point should be cap. people are going to be eliminated, it would only make sense that one could defeat an entire faction so they can no longer play.

That wouldbe cool, but i dont like the fact that is the other 2 factions just keep going back and forth the third faction would have to sit there and wait for the other 2 to finish. That would really be the only thing i dislike, otherwise if they could find a way so a faction would not just be bored sitting there after losing, then it would be cool.

slicknick99
06-21-2015, 08:38 PM
I totally agree with all your guys points, also 3v3v3 does indeed sound much more reasonable. Kenji_Hattori good point with noticing how two teams could possibly just bully each other and the third wont get any action. Perhaps each team of 3 players has to get a certian amount of kills of the other two factions? Then in the event two teams bully each other they would be forced to seek out and hunt down the third team to finish the match? Any other ideas on how to balance all the teams engagements with one another?

Gudmmund
06-21-2015, 09:48 PM
And what about 3vs3vs3 Team Deathmatch?, I would be great!!

King.Philip.II
06-21-2015, 09:53 PM
This will never work for a simple reason,two teams will make a deal to kill the 3rd team and near the end game on of those 2 teams will make a deal with the loosing team to beat the other team, meaning 2 teams will fight 1 team almost all of the time making it very unfair and unbalanced for that team.

Kenji_Hattori
06-22-2015, 12:49 AM
This will never work for a simple reason,two teams will make a deal to kill the 3rd team and near the end game on of those 2 teams will make a deal with the loosing team to beat the other team, meaning 2 teams will fight 1 team almost all of the time making it very unfair and unbalanced for that team.

That wont always happen, and if it did it would be a perfect opportunity to betray the people who think your on their side. Plus with the capture points you cant have it even and have 2 teams team up to win against one. if there are 5 points you cannot split that between 2 or 3 evenly. So no matter what you can try but one will always win, you cant have 2 people tie.

Doctrinaire
06-22-2015, 04:30 PM
having 4v4v4 would add a cool dynamic. even if two ganged up on one, it doesn't mean the one will lose...and when there are only 2 teams left, they still have to face off each other. :p

cytovag69
06-23-2015, 09:41 AM

If you ask me the more the merrier. 1 of the biggest killers of multiplayer games is lack of game modes. Even if its a chaotic mess there will always be 4v4. Anyways in my opinion it could easily go either way, maybe it will be a intense and exciting battle or maybe it will be a chaotic clusterf***.

M.Sword.Y.Face
06-23-2015, 07:23 PM
except that games with 4vs4vs4 are dying as we speak. DI:E

I THULSA DOOM I
06-23-2015, 08:53 PM
What about 1v1 dueling in a KOTH room like fighting games? Id also love to see game modes with higher player count and no bots. 6V6, 8V8. I don't want to smash bots, I want to smash other players.