PDA

View Full Version : Under-Dogged?

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 09:50 AM
If you were in a 1 vrs 1 with a plane that is superior to yours in every way what do you do?

I'm looking for general tips/strategy direction here. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Thanks

Mark

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 09:50 AM
If you were in a 1 vrs 1 with a plane that is superior to yours in every way what do you do?

I'm looking for general tips/strategy direction here. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Thanks

Mark

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:02 AM
its the man not the machine

(whoever played chuck yaegers air combat http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:14 AM
Man is only as good as the machine allows him to be.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:17 AM
Anyhow, /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif returning to the original question, if it were me, I would try to call for help, and concentrate only on evasives, instead of looking for a chance to reverse the odds.

If that is impossible, I think I'd try something really desperate like a super low-speed overshoot, or a desperate head-on attack.

But if my life was really at stake, I think I'd look for a chance to bail out.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:19 AM
I would start by being above and preferably behind them. Altitude is more important than the plane most of the time, as the plane with higher altitude holds the initiative.

Otherwise, since you can't escape, draw them into a scissors fight and hope for the best, or engage them in a head on, which is like tossing a coin to see who gets shot down in most cases.

But I think there is no pair of planes in the game where one is absolutely superior to the other. Planes with a speed disadvantage can usually turn better, or dive better, or climb better. I16, for example, has excellent turn performance and power loading compared to the 109F.

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:26 AM
I was thinking about offline QMB.

Take any low performimg plane against an ACE Ai LA7 or K4.

He is like a TERMINTATOR /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Mark