PDA

View Full Version : ships going up?

Blackrod
09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Pardon if this has been asked and answered before!

Will different ships explode in different ways when hit? an oil tanker from one carrying ammo? Will the explosions be different even when you hit the same type? will explosions be different if you hit an oil tanker or ammo ship in the bow as opposed to hitting it a midships?

Blackrod
09-07-2004, 08:42 PM
Pardon if this has been asked and answered before!

Will different ships explode in different ways when hit? an oil tanker from one carrying ammo? Will the explosions be different even when you hit the same type? will explosions be different if you hit an oil tanker or ammo ship in the bow as opposed to hitting it a midships?

Shan_Hackett
09-08-2004, 11:09 AM
That is actualy a very good question!

We r all aware of the physics modelled, or at least what the dev' team has disclosed, but it is unknown whether there will be "Different" types of explosion effects.

It is known that ship classes have some form of compartmentation damage model, and if hit in certain locations, the damage and sinking charactoristics vary.
But we dont yet know if the "Explosion" from a magazine will look/sound different from an "Explosion" of the boiler room, or from an empty ballast tank.

Herr Kaleun
09-08-2004, 03:16 PM
will a petrol tanker explode and sink in minutes, whilst an oil tanker just burns for a long time. or a ship carrying potatoes nothing will explode, unless the boilers blow, and it will sink slowly as the compartments fill with water.

Same for warships. Weve heard stories of how the lucky shot can sink a bb or carrier, equally stories of how a spread of four sometimes dont penetrate the armour.

I dont want a situation like sh2 with light damage, medium then heavy, and percentage damage. Where you knew how many torps it would take to sink each class of ship.

I want to see lucky hits where the bow is blown off and the ship nosedives to the seabed, or where the rudder is hit, maybe drifts into the convoy and coliides with other vessels. or where i hit the fuel bunkers of a carrier and a huge fire engulfs the deck

Alaaaarrmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

SailorSteve
09-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Also if a magazine explodes there should be a massive amount of flame and smoke, whereas if a boiler explodes there should only be a lot of white steam.

The poster said "Join The Navy, See The World". So I did, and I'm here to tell you, the world is flat and blue.