PDA

View Full Version : Are Jacob and Evie Chracters we've seen before in the franchise?

EmbodyingSeven5
06-21-2015, 01:12 AM
Jacob just seems like a mad grab for what Edward had going for him as a character. Brash, Charming lowlife type criminal etc..(Just without a ship)

Evie reminds me of Altiar as she is solemn quiet, yet precise. Almost Like a mix of Adewale and Altiar.

I think I would enjoy another Altiar type character but Jacob just seems TOO similar to pervious characters.
I could be wrong. I mean many of us did think Edward would be another Ezio clone......
Thoughts?

Farlander1991
06-21-2015, 01:20 AM
All we have to go for are a couple snippets and incredibly vague descriptors (i.e. 'brash', 'charming', 'charismatic', etc.)

But people keep painting full pictures based on that :p Let's just wait and see, I'm sure we'll have a better understanding as more material is released.

EmbodyingSeven5
06-21-2015, 01:25 AM
All we have to go for are a couple snippets and incredibly vague descriptors (i.e. 'brash', 'charming', 'charismatic', etc.)

But people keep painting full pictures based on that :p Let's just wait and see, I'm sure we'll have a better understanding as more material is released.
Yeah............... Your probably right............... but screw it , cause im goanna jump to random conclusions anyway. YAY!

VoXngola
06-21-2015, 02:29 AM
Everyone said the same thing about Edward back then. People thought that he was gonna be Ezio 2.0.
Turned out he was nothing like Ezio at all, the only things that were similar is that he was charismatic.

Just wait and see.

VestigialLlama4
06-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Turned out he was nothing like Ezio at all, the only things that were similar is that he was charismatic.

The only thing, and this is really important, is that Edward like Ezio had a supporting cast to interact and bounce off unlike Altair (who had Malik and the Templars) and Connor (who had Achilles and the Templars). So as such Edward and Ezio got more chances to show more of their personality in the main story. Its also a problem with Arno, he doesn't have as rich a supporting cast as those guys.

Edward isn't charismatic at all. He gets marooned by his crew twice, keeps being insulted by all his friends and even Adewale decides to abandon him for something better. He's an idiot, an endearing idiot yes, but an idiot nonetheless.

As for Jacob and Evie Frye. Jacob reminds me of a good-guy Thomas Hickey and Evie Frye is a bit like Hope Jensen in ROGUE. That's all.

king-hailz
06-21-2015, 09:10 AM
I really don't see how Edward, Arno or Jacob are like Ezio. To me Ezio at the beginning is a cocky teenager who is a playboy and doesn't like people being oppressed. Then in brotherhood, he takes the assassin thing much more seriously and was really focused on his job and not much else. Then in Revelations Ezio is older and wiser, he's not the cocky teenager he once was but he's also learnt not to be too serious about things and is a nice mixture of the two.

Edward is a brash passionate and ambitious pirate, who really wants big for his life. He however doesn't have purpose and finds that purpose in the assassins. However it is hard for him to commit. The only relation with Edward and Ezio is that I once saw Edward sleeping with a random women... that's it. He is not a wominizer.

I really don't know what to say about Arno, I really don't even see a personality in him or his ambitions or whatever. All I see is he loves Elise very much and 'blames himself'... Ezio specifically blames others and he is wominizer which Arno isn't.

Jacob and Evie are interesting to me. Because it takes the two different types of characters we have seen and put them together. We have our Altair, ACB/ACR Ezio, Connor, Adewale in Evie because the are really serious about the Assassins Creed. While we have the messier Jacob who is an assassin but that's not the biggest thing for him... I think this will be the strongest point of the games story. The way the two characters are different and how they work with each other.

frodrigues55
06-21-2015, 02:06 PM
I might be missing something, did they show some Evie other than that short cutscene for the gameplay? :confused: I feel like they haven't reveal the characters at all yet, how can people already compare them?

m4r-k7
06-21-2015, 03:02 PM
It doesn't matter if the characters are "like" previous assassins. What matters is if the writers actually provide decent characterisation throughout the story with interesting moments / interactions with other characters whilst linking it to the overall arch of the assassins storyline. Nonetheless, if Jacob is like Edward I won't mind one bit.