PDA

View Full Version : This is the perfect trailer of what Assassin's Creed is about

Defalt221
06-20-2015, 05:45 PM
The trailer shows that stealth is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of assassin's creed. The purpose of the hood is served. Altair is not seen entering or going out. The Templars describe him as an angel of death who can never be found. The trailer portrays assassins as ghosts. And when that bloodied feather drops down, a Templar drops dead. No assassin is seen. This is what shows what Assassin's Creed is about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=281AzzZSbHM

Every other CGI trailer (AC 1 (Official E3 CGI) AC 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Unity, Black Flag and Syndicate) defy that. In these trailers, the assassin protagonist ends up getting detected and then the assassination boils down to chase, capture, all out fight, war, chase, chase and chase. Dont these defy the second tenant of the Creed?
In AC 2, you see Ezio getting detected and a chase ensues. AC Brotherhood begins with Ezio getting INTENTIONALLY detected and taking on Cesare openly like some gang war. Revelations tries to mimick Hollywood 100 vs 1 fight scenes. AC 3 is not about an assassin but a one man soldier who teaches Washington what fighting with openness is about. AC Unity is just... dash with the crowd and kill anything in sight. AC Black Flag is about piracy more than assassin's creed (except the fnal part of the trailer). And we all saw how Syndicate also ends up a chase scene with our assassin going straight up and killing guys.

This is why this Templar trailer was truly Ubisoft's ONLY successful Assassin's Creed trailer. It defines Assassin's Creed.

Assassin_M
06-20-2015, 06:01 PM
Every other CGI trailer (AC 2, Brotherhood, Revelations, 3, Unity, Black Flag and Syndicate) defy that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdZpoQ3OCdQ

What about this one?

SixKeys
06-20-2015, 10:56 PM

What about this one?

Shush, get outta here with your logic!

I-Like-Pie45
06-20-2015, 11:51 PM
stealth is the tool of cowards and liars

EmbodyingSeven5
06-21-2015, 01:16 AM
Wait! You've been playing these games for stealth? HA HA HA HA HA HA! your funny!

Defalt221
06-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Wait! You've been playing these games for stealth? HA HA HA HA HA HA! your funny!

AC games are supposed to be for stealth. The combat in AC games are terrible IMO.

Defalt221
06-21-2015, 11:54 AM

What about this one?

Editted my original post. Now it's::
...(AC 1 (Official E3 CGI) AC 2, Brotherhood, Revelation...

Farlander1991
06-21-2015, 12:04 PM
I like how you say that the Templar trailer portrays Assassins as ghosts, when they explicitly show Altair punching a guard in the face before killing him, escaping from a chase, and battling in open streets :p

That said, AC1 trailer (and trailers like AC2) don't defy the tenets of the Creed. The 'hide in plain sight' refers to the moment before the strike and, well, after the strike (to escape). Public assassinations to convey a message are the very point of historical assassins (and, by extension, the fictional ones in AC). Sure,nobody prevents from killing a target without being noticed, but it's the approach to the target that's important, not the method of killing.

frodrigues55
06-21-2015, 02:16 PM
The main CGI trailers really represent the focus of each game, they are perfect for what they want to promote.

The templar trailer posted is a prime example what some people picture the assassins to be, yes. But really, what game has been like that? None of them, I would say. Not even the first one.

So why not compare the game concept to what was presented on each of the dozens games released so far, not just one old trailer that wasn't even the main one?

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2015, 05:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=281AzzZSbHM

I remember this trailer very well. This was the one that got my attention about the first AC game.

EmbodyingSeven5
06-21-2015, 08:21 PM
AC games are supposed to be for stealth. The combat in AC games are terrible IMO.

Stealth was always pretty bad too. I mean we just recently got a crouch button after 7 instalments.

SixKeys
06-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Stealth was always pretty bad too. I mean we just recently got a crouch button after 7 instalments.

That's because AC was never meant as a pure stealth game. It was about social stealth. Which is why, as cool as it is, that "Alta´r was here" trailer isn't exactly representative of the actual game. We never had a crouch button before because in the context of social stealth, it looks really suspicious when someone is crouching on the street amongst the crowds. To appease the people who wanted traditional stealth, they dumbed down the crowd AI, so now the NPCs no longer comment when you're acting strangely.

Assassin_M
06-21-2015, 08:55 PM
they dumbed down the crowd AI, so now the NPCs no longer comment when you're acting strangely.
It's back in Syndicate, forgot to say. When I was jumping around, one lady exclaimed "Why is he jumping around like a rabbit?" And the game designer confirmed its return.

Xstantin
06-21-2015, 08:57 PM
now the NPCs no longer comment when you're acting strangely.

I think there was something in the tutorial for Unity about NPCs calling the guards but it never happened to me personally. I think some woman said crap like "how agile" but that was about it.

SixKeys
06-21-2015, 11:20 PM
It's back in Syndicate, forgot to say. When I was jumping around, one lady exclaimed "Why is he jumping around like a rabbit?" And the game designer confirmed its return.

I asked about it too. They were reluctant to say it had returned to the level of the first games, but said it was there to some degree.

NellieWilson
06-22-2015, 05:29 AM
I've heard a lot of talk about how AC has shifted in the wrong direction with it's lack of assassin missions and stealth. Sure, you can say much of the gameplay has shifted but the storyline has stayed true to the assassin premise. I don't recall any cutscene that suggested that the creed has changed. Certainly Black Flag strayed from that idea but I think AC III and AC IV went in a direction of it's own. My opinion, I don't care to play the same game over and over again of tailing and then killing someone. I'm happy to have a game that has diversified a bit and gave us more things to do.