PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU For Split Screen!

HardlyWalken
06-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Title says it all, I just wanted to reach out directly to the developers and say THANK YOU for supporting split screen!

Great E3 showing and very excited to see where you go from here.

spaff_meister
06-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes! Most games these days ignore splitscreen, but I almost always game with mates.

MisterWillow
06-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Agreed.

I think there's starting to be a resurgence in split-screen. Battlefront has it too. Hope it becomes standard for multiplayer games again.

agrael929292
06-20-2015, 11:53 PM
Yes i second this, thank you so much. I have a brother and we've always played games togheter, split screen makes or breaks a game for me. With it any game easily becomes ten times better. Outside of pure couch-family games or indie 2D arcade titles, games that include some form of split screen, especially in the campaign or story mode, are such rare gems today. I don't know how this game will handle it, i hope there will be at least a two players split screen option in as many modes as possibile, even online, Obviously i don't care about the trade offs in terms of graphics.

Debreeze
06-21-2015, 12:42 AM
ooooh , this is really interesting to me.
I will get this on PC and I have the possibility to play pc games on my tv in the living room.

So will the pc version also get splitscreen? that would be brilliant.
I have seen some devs support it on console version of their games , but not on pc thinking it's not very useful. I do hope we get it for this game ^^

TrikRisk
06-21-2015, 12:48 AM
these new games dont do split screen anymore. Jason Vandenberghe got us covered though :cool:

Nannnobot
07-09-2015, 01:46 PM
I just created an account to extend my personal "Thank you" as well. Now that I know there is split screen I can buy this for PS4 to play with a friend by my side.

Jester-13
07-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Thank you, indeed.

This game seems to be promising, but including split screen is a really good idea, I missed it too much on my last acquisitions and it is quite delightful to know that this feature will be in this one.

PietroNardelli
07-09-2015, 05:48 PM
I hated when games stopped doing splitscreeen, it was one of the best things in games, you gather in someone's house and play all night long. Multiplayer is good, but to be in the same room is an awesome experience that most games ignore and I am so glad that you guys brought back, really cool feature that will for sure contribute to the game experience!!!

Deadshot.
07-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Joining the ranks of gratitude in saying THANK YOU FOR SPLIT-SCREEN.
My wife and I LOVE to play things together, and this will be no different.

Thanks again!

guest-7lONTXP5
07-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Yep, multiplayer lost a lot of fun without the splitscreen and i was very happy as i heard that some new games get it again (first I heard of its come back was Bloodstained)

Solid_Altair
07-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Indeed! Thanks a lot! My friend will love it!

Havemercy87
07-11-2015, 03:43 AM
I think the last game I played split screen was Halo: ODST ... This will be awesome when it finally releases. I'm already mentally planning For Honor party nights.

Fatal-Feit
07-11-2015, 05:16 AM
This is probably a silly question, but does anyone know if this game will support 4 player split-screen?

Havemercy87
07-11-2015, 12:48 PM
This is probably a silly question, but does anyone know if this game will support 4 player split-screen?

I just watched the masterclass again. They don't give any indication that it'll be 4way. Imo, I don't think they will. Game depth is important to them and 4way would impact that pretty hard.

MisterWillow
07-12-2015, 01:49 AM
I just watched the masterclass again. They don't give any indication that it'll be 4way. Imo, I don't think they will. Game depth is important to them and 4way would impact that pretty hard.

But imagine having you're entire team in the room with you! I agree, though, it's unlikely.

Havemercy87
07-12-2015, 04:30 AM
But imagine having you're entire team in the room with you! I agree, though, it's unlikely.

Some friends of mine and myself have decided that after launch we will have to have game nights and meet up with 2-3 systems once or twice a month

DarkHeavenSoul05
07-13-2015, 11:28 AM
This is great news but is is limited to only 2 players or can it go for 4 players?
I really wanna play with my hood

DarkHeavenSoul05
07-21-2015, 10:31 AM
Yes, thanks for the splitscreen but is it limited to 2 players or 4?
I would love to have a 2v2 game with some friends some time.

Deadshot.
07-23-2015, 06:44 PM
I think a more specific question may be - will it still have split-screen when it plays online?

I've been burned on more than one game that had local split-screen, but took it away when playing online with others.

Would be sad to lose a teammate when playing online

An0ther_Player
07-28-2015, 10:11 PM
I think a more specific question may be - will it still have split-screen when it plays online?

I've been burned on more than one game that had local split-screen, but took it away when playing online with others.

Would be sad to lose a teammate when playing online

Really good question, let's hope gamescom will provide some answers.

Solid_Altair
07-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Read that split-screen online tends to be very taxing on the connectivity for the match. Uncharted 3 had it and there were complaints. Then The Last of Us didn't have it and people were happy.

MisterWillow
07-29-2015, 01:07 AM
Read that split-screen online tends to be very taxing on the connectivity for the match. Uncharted 3 had it and there were complaints. Then The Last of Us didn't have it and people were happy.

True, though I did play a couple matches of Uncharted 3 online split-screen without a problem (hardly enough to gauge its ability accurately, but still).

I am curious how Battlefront will fair, because that's going to have online split-screen.

UbiSeraphim
07-29-2015, 04:09 AM
I think 4-way split-screen is awesome! I mean, so many people play games on large monitors and large HDTVs that you don't have nearly the drop in quality that you used to. :)

I hope the development team decides to keep it in! I love how Rocket League does their split-screen, so I think local split-screen is experiencing a resurgence.

trulydeadly1
09-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Thank you, indeed.

This game seems to be promising, but including split screen is a really good idea, I missed it too much on my last acquisitions and it is quite delightful to know that this feature will be in this one.

What game are we talking about hereż?????