PDA

View Full Version : Murder Mysteries to return for Syndicate

Sorrosyss
06-20-2015, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure if this was already posted (nada on search), but it's been confirmed that Murder Mysteries will return for Syndicate.

I feel this was a given, with the Unity engine being used, but still nice to get some confirmation. Though they were not my favoured side content, anything that gives us some diversity to the mission types can't be a bad thing.

http://i.imgur.com/kM4diiA.jpg

This was the blurb from the PS4 exclusive content (source (http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/06/16/introducing-assassins-creed-syndicate-the-dreadful-crimes/));

Assassinís Creed Syndicate players on PlayStation 4 will have exclusive access to The Dreadful Crimes. This content will include 10 side missions where Jacob and Evie can investigate murders, kidnappings, and other crimes throughout London. Investigate and follow the evidence to solve the crime for special rewards of gear and exclusive artwork.

Use your Eagle Vision to scan for clues and try to get to the bottom of the crime by following the evidence and interviewing witnesses. Make sure you pay close attention to the facts because suspects donít take kindly to false allegations ó and if you accuse the wrong person, you may find yourself in a fight for your life.

I recall there were some exclusive Murder Mysteries on Unity too, so these are likely to only be a small portion of the amount in the final game hopefully.

Shahkulu101
06-20-2015, 02:27 PM
I hope you're right and these exclusives missions aren't the only detective missions in the whole game.

I really liked Murder Mysteries, the harder ones were genuinely difficult to piece together and were smartly set up for you to use your deductive skills in interesting ways. Some of the best side content the series has had in my opinion, overall Unity fails in that department but Murder Mysteries shine.

I remember the speculation was that Victory (sadly now Syndicate - a worse name! :p) was going to use the detective mechanics to base the whole campaign of uncovering the mystery of Jack the Ripper. So much for that - not that I'm disappointed, I think they would have handled Jack the Ripper weirdly anyway.

Namikaze_17
06-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Heh, I wonder if Evie using the detective glass is supposed to reference Sherlock Holmes? :rolleyes:

I know Doyle's only nine at this point, but its a nice reference if it was intended.

m4r-k7
06-20-2015, 03:01 PM
I remember the speculation was that Victory (sadly now Syndicate - a worse name! :p) was going to use the detective mechanics to base the whole campaign of uncovering the mystery of Jack the Ripper. So much for that - not that I'm disappointed, I think they would have handled Jack the Ripper weirdly anyway.

Random thought. Jack and Jacob are awfully similar. What if Jacob is actually Jack the Ripper - like they don't explicitly say it, but it would be interesting if he was framed by Templars (or perhaps he turns evil towards the end). I know the killings were much later on than the campaign, but I wouldn't be surprised if they hinted that there is a connection between Jacob and Jack in some way. Just a thought xD

Shahkulu101
06-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Random thought. Jack and Jacob are awfully similar. What if Jacob is actually Jack the Ripper - like they don't explicitly say it, but it would be interesting if he was framed by Templars (or perhaps he turns evil towards the end). I know the killings were much later on than the campaign, but I wouldn't be surprised if they hinted that there is a connection between Jacob and Jack in some way. Just a thought xD

That's too dodgy: "Hey, Jack the Ripper didn't really murder and mutilate all those women, he was a hero framed by the Templar's!".

m4r-k7
06-20-2015, 04:42 PM
^ It would be interesting though if rather than being framed, Jacob actually turned Templar at the end of the game, or perhaps turned evil - it would be a different ending than what we are used to xD

I know they wouldn't say at the end of the game "hey look Jacob is Jack the Ripper" but I wouldn't be suprised if they left it up to us to decide xD

Sorrosyss
06-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Heh, I wonder if Evie using the detective glass is supposed to reference Sherlock Holmes? :rolleyes:

I know Doyle's only nine at this point, but its a nice reference if it was intended.

You could be right. If I recall, the gold edition comes with a Baker Street outfit. It's totally gonna be Jacob in the Sherlock hat, and Evie in the Watson bowler hat. :D