PDA

View Full Version : Issue with fullscreen mode in far cry 3

krymzonbladez
06-20-2015, 12:16 PM
I'm having an issue with Far Cry 3 now showing borders whenever I try to play it in fullscreen mode. It only just started after a week or so of not playing then launching it again. I usually play it via output to my tv which had previously worked with no hitches until just now. The issue being that regardless of whether or not I play it on my laptop screen or on tv it always shows black borders unless I am on my laptops native resolution, which I have Never played the game at. I have tried everything I can think of, every resolution vailable and swapped between borderless and fullscreen, wide screen letterbox off and on to no avail. This is rather aggrivating considerng it worked fine previous on fullscreen as long as it was the same ratio of 16:9 without any borders showing. I am running on 8gb ram, a intel hd 4600 gpu and on an i5 processor. I have made no changes to any settings previously between the previous gaming session and now. On a possibly related side note, Uplay refuses to update fully, it gets to about 25% then cuts out and goes to the uplay wall. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

krymzonbladez
06-22-2015, 06:58 AM
This is also the only game I have that does this. I do not have an issue with any other game I have with this issue whatsoever. I find it odd that it does this after a week of not playing it and seemingly out of the blue.