PDA

View Full Version : How do I recover my Product Key?

bigscotty1
06-19-2015, 11:14 PM
I own Assassins creed 1. Have had it for a few years, I lost the case in a flood. The game is installed on my PC but I would like to add it to my steam library so I dont lose it if something happens to my PC. Is there a way for me to recover the product code that came with it so I can add it to steam?

Mr_Shade
06-20-2015, 11:20 AM
I own Assassins creed 1. Have had it for a few years, I lost the case in a flood. The game is installed on my PC but I would like to add it to my steam library so I dont lose it if something happens to my PC. Is there a way for me to recover the product code that came with it so I can add it to steam?

Hi,
Due to the copy protection used in the first game, the product key is not stored anywhere on your PC - you enter it and them it's removed.
So, I'm sorry to have to say, there is not really anything I can suggest.

The game is currently on sale with 75% off on Steam, however - 2.49 - if you wanted to make sure you never lose it, that is a very good price at the moment!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/15100/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Anykeyer
06-20-2015, 01:05 PM

It doesnt work this way.
Steam doesnt accept random cdkeys. Its not charity, its a shop, and it needs to get a slice of the cake for you to be able to download games from it.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-wusf-3601
If you want AC1 in your Steam library you have to buy it again, this time directly from Steam store.

Alternatively you can buy it from Uplay store. This wont add AC1 to your Steam library, but you would have it in Uplay's own library (if you buy it from Steam it wont be in your Uplay library), and be able to download and install the game.