PDA

View Full Version : Could Jacob and Evie both be Sages?

king-hailz
06-19-2015, 08:36 AM
I was thinking about the sage theory and was wondering if this could happen. What if Jacob is the sage of Aita and Evie is the sage of Eve... Could it happen since they're twins?

Shadownexus7
06-19-2015, 09:13 AM
Well if Jacob was the sage for Aita then he would have two different colored eyes. I'm not so sure if the same rules applies to a sage for Eve if she were to have one

Sorrosyss
06-19-2015, 12:51 PM
It would certainly be interesting. Many people have put forward about the Evie/Eve reincarnation theory. Just imagine if Jacob ended up being Adam too, and they both remembered. (The incest theorisers would love that)

In terms of Jacob being Aita, it's possible. Whilst he does not appear to have heterochromia, we also know that Jacques de Molay was a sage - and he did not have the condition. (though apparently that was a mistake by Ubisoft) It's entirely possible then that a Sage could look entirely normal.

harsab
06-19-2015, 01:51 PM
If Evie was a reincarnation of Eve it would make the story 1000x more interesting, so let's hope so.

bitebug2003
06-19-2015, 01:59 PM
This thread and OP was inadvertently caught in a ban wave.

Ban lifted and thread restored.

Bipolar Matt
06-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Can a woman be a sage?

Xstantin
06-19-2015, 10:01 PM
If Evie was a reincarnation of Eve it would make the story 1000x more interesting, so let's hope so.

Evie, Eve - that'll be hilarious imo

itsamea-mario
06-20-2015, 12:46 AM
na m8

Altair1789
06-20-2015, 04:21 AM
Not sure about it, but hell, ever since they apparently decided that not all sages look like Aita, or have 2 different colored eyes, why not? Evie's name is either just plain irrelevant, or a badly designed slight variation to Eve's name, I don't know which one I'm hoping for

D.I.D.
06-20-2015, 01:30 PM
I hope neither.

The series quickly got into a rut with PoEs, where every story had a PoE, and every story ended with a PoE doing a sparkly lightshow and revealing Some Major ****, to the point that it became repetitious and dull. The Sage thing was a nice new addition, but I hope it's not going to carry the same problem. There's not a lot of intrigue in Sages if you get one per story. The maximum fun you can get out of it is wondering if the Sage is a Templar or an Assassin this time. For the Sage concept to remain fresh, we should only encounter one every so often (otherwise, why was there never a Sage in any AC before ACIV, and then suddenly they're always in every story?).

Sorrosyss
06-20-2015, 01:45 PM
I hope neither.

The series quickly got into a rut with PoEs, where every story had a PoE, and every story ended with a PoE doing a sparkly lightshow and revealing Some Major ****, to the point that it became repetitious and dull. The Sage thing was a nice new addition, but I hope it's not going to carry the same problem. There's not a lot of intrigue in Sages if you get one per story. The maximum fun you can get out of it is wondering if the Sage is a Templar or an Assassin this time. For the Sage concept to remain fresh, we should only encounter one every so often (otherwise, why was there never a Sage in any AC before ACIV, and then suddenly they're always in every story?).

I see your points. But the reason we have had sages for the past few games is that it ties into Abstergo's modern day search for sage DNA for their Phoenix Project. I can only assume that we are focused on the twins as that either one of them (or both) are a sage or reincarnation, or they at some point come into contact with one. One would assume it's the latter, but I personally find the possibility of the twins being sages far more interesting, purely as it could mean we get visions, or indeed playable levels, within First Civilisation flashbacks.

Namikaze_17
06-20-2015, 01:51 PM
otherwise, why was there never a Sage in any AC before ACIV

You know, I recall someone making a theory that Al Mualim was possibly a sage. Sure, he doesn't look like Aita or have two differently colored eyes ( though he lacks one); but it's really his seemingly indifferent ideology towards the Assassins & Templars with his powers over the apple that are very mysterious indeed.

Then again, I guess you could say he was just a madman who just got corrupted.

But it's only a theory.

D.I.D.
06-20-2015, 02:59 PM
You know, I recall someone making a theory that Al Mualim was possibly a sage. Sure, he doesn't look like Aita or have two differently colored eyes ( though he lacks one); but it's really his seemingly indifferent ideology towards the Assassins & Templars with his powers over the apple that are very mysterious indeed.

Then again, I guess you could say he was just a madman who just got corrupted.

But it's only a theory.

It's a nice idea for turning around something from the past to fit that new addition. Maybe they could make it canon.

I guess the good thing so far is that we still don't know enough about the Sages to know how common it is for them to understand what they are, or how long it takes them to realise it, or exactly what abilities they have as a result of that. It'll be interesting to see how they flesh out this concept.

D.I.D.
06-20-2015, 03:03 PM
I see your points. But the reason we have had sages for the past few games is that it ties into Abstergo's modern day search for sage DNA for their Phoenix Project. I can only assume that we are focused on the twins as that either one of them (or both) are a sage or reincarnation, or they at some point come into contact with one. One would assume it's the latter, but I personally find the possibility of the twins being sages far more interesting, purely as it could mean we get visions, or indeed playable levels, within First Civilisation flashbacks.

Yeah, I can certainly see the attraction of the idea, especially with twins. That's partly why we need more distance between appearances, I think, otherwise every time you see an assassin (or pair/group of assassins) with something unusual about them you're going to immediately figure it out :) It needs to be rare enough that the Sage thing is a surprise, like it was the first time (unless of course they've got something so great for the Sage to do that the actual business of his/her identity is not all that important in spoiler terms).