PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the deets

Phantom0x0
06-19-2015, 01:48 AM
Was wondering if were looking at a game like Call of Duty but with swords? or Will we be able to take a character as our own level it up, look for equipment/weapons, and if so will we see that like we would in a general action rpg or like in dynasty warrior type games or even something completely different. I'm sold by the looks, and game play, but I can't be totally won over yet without this info.

Kenji_Hattori
06-19-2015, 05:22 AM
Was wondering if were looking at a game like Call of Duty but with swords? or Will we be able to take a character as our own level it up, look for equipment/weapons, and if so will we see that like we would in a general action rpg or like in dynasty warrior type games or even something completely different. I'm sold by the looks, and game play, but I can't be totally won over yet without this info.

Its completely different. They did say it is like a Shooter with swords but its main focus is about Duels. You Vs one other person. Or if they can and want to 1v2 which is a bit harder. If you want check out the video they did last night. It answers alot of questions. But the combat is focused on 2 warriors against each other and you can kill the minions and gain more points as you try to take over one of the strongholds. The mode they showed was Zone A, B, And C are what your going for, Knights had A Samurai C and B was up for grabs. Each faction had to appempt to take over the other points, while also protecting their own so they dont fall behind in points. After 1000 points you go to sudden death wear no one revives after being killed and the last one standing i believe wins I think. Its still in development but its not done. Still PRE Alpha. I dont think it will have the RPG level up system. Its a new experience. For sure.

Eiddard
06-19-2015, 09:12 AM
I will start telling you that no, you dont play only with one character and level him up, you go from match to match, and you can switch between character to fit your playstyle, since Weapons+armor are associate to certain "Class"/"Hero".

You don't find weapons or amor in the game, you unlock them by playing each class(probably).

This is not an RPG, there is no Open World that you can roam around, etc.

It is more like a shooter/MOBA, you stay in a Lobby, look for a match, your team choose faction, and then you choose Hero/Class (which is the combination between weapon and armor).

There will be certain customization of classes to adapt to your gameplay, but as far as I understood from the interviews, if you choose the guy with the Two-handed sword, you are playing with two-handed sword, no option to change weapon, maybe there is differents two-handed swords that you can choose between, but the gampley with that character will be always the same (or really similar between other people with that class).

As I said, this is more like a MOBA/Shooter, focused on small and highly competitive fights.

Phantom0x0
06-19-2015, 11:35 PM
I will start telling you that no, you dont play only with one character and level him up, you go from match to match, and you can switch between character to fit your playstyle, since Weapons+armor are associate to certain "Class"/"Hero".

You don't find weapons or amor in the game, you unlock them by playing each class(probably).

This is not an RPG, there is no Open World that you can roam around, etc.

It is more like a shooter/MOBA, you stay in a Lobby, look for a match, your team choose faction, and then you choose Hero/Class (which is the combination between weapon and armor).

There will be certain customization of classes to adapt to your gameplay, but as far as I understood from the interviews, if you choose the guy with the Two-handed sword, you are playing with two-handed sword, no option to change weapon, maybe there is differents two-handed swords that you can choose between, but the gampley with that character will be always the same (or really similar between other people with that class).

As I said, this is more like a MOBA/Shooter, focused on small and highly competitive fights.

That's a little disappointing I knew from the videos that it more then likely was not going to have anything more then MOBAesk game play. Hopefully there will be some sort of rewards for using a certain class more so then others or something along those lines. I am still super excited for the game for what it is, its a heavensend for gamers who have been waiting for a game like this.