PDA

View Full Version : Battle Damage

Doctrinaire
06-18-2015, 10:25 PM
I hope they will be 'immersive' when it comes to battle damage.

for example:
- character slows down as they grow weaker
- if they sustain a cut/slash/hack to an arm, it's rendered mostly useless

a lot of scenario's where this would apply, those two will convey my idea/concern.

I also wonder if wounds will heal during the match. I would prefer to see matches where both healing and perma-damage occur.

It would also be interesting, for tournaments and such, if battle damage carries over and warriors have to heal if they're hurt too badly. it would be complicated because you may win a match but then forfeit the next because you cannot play due to 10% health remaining or if you go in, you die because you're too weak to defend/ or attack.

anyhow...thoughts. discuss! ;)

MathiasCB
06-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Never thought about something like this, sounds pretty neat!

But i feel like it could ruin something like a final match in a tournament, one side gets an easy win because the other team had a rough time in the semifinals.
I would LOVE to see this in a 1v1 tournament, two worn out fighters already half dead in the finals.

It would probably strengthen the use of quick attacks, as every strike would actually make more of a difference, also would encourage defensive plays.

Edit.
Then again, adding a feature as forfeiting to the group stages would make things really interesting.

Shauneepeak
06-18-2015, 11:25 PM
Slow down has been confirmed. Ben Moore from Gametrailers had a lengthy hands on demo of the game and a full interview with Jason Vandenberghe, the cane guy.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/6oxctt/for-honor-for-honor---e3-2015-impressions

MathiasCB
06-18-2015, 11:36 PM
Slow down has been confirmed. Ben Moore from Gametrailers had a lengthy hands on demo of the game and a full interview with Jason Vandenberghe, the cane guy.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/6oxctt/for-honor-for-honor---e3-2015-impressions

Thank you for posting that link, the game seems even more awesome after listening to all that, getting even more hyped! :D

Someone tries to run? No mercy!

Doctrinaire
06-21-2015, 01:04 AM
that's good to read about slow down.

now I just wonder about whether you will recover from damage inflicted if you get away from battle to 'breath'.

I also would love to hear about dev's thoughts on competition. I suspect my thoughts would be for a 'hardcore' mode, as it would really really suck to defeat 9 rounds and then have to forfeit on the 10th because you sustained too severe of injuries to play another round.

lXIALUCARDlXI
06-21-2015, 01:21 AM
I think perma damage can be good and bad in two respects. Good because yes, it DOES seem like the "For Honor" Team is aiming for a hyper-realistic combat experience when it comes to the game. However, it may be quite grueling to have to deal with a permanent loss of the ability to use an arm (WHICH YOU NEED FOR FIGHTING) over the course of lets say "A three day battle". If they refine the concept with the ability to maybe treat your wounds, it would be a great proposal!

MathiasCB
06-21-2015, 01:29 AM
that's good to read about slow down.

now I just wonder about whether you will recover from damage inflicted if you get away from battle to 'breath'.

I also would love to hear about dev's thoughts on competition. I suspect my thoughts would be for a 'hardcore' mode, as it would really really suck to defeat 9 rounds and then have to forfeit on the 10th because you sustained too severe of injuries to play another round.

Would add to realism, would love that to be honest. Why not kick in a penalty if your character dies, life is important.
You did good 9 rounds, give yourself a pat on the shoulder for the good work and live longer to fight another day.