PDA

View Full Version : Game Immersion: Name verification and character customization

JLocher1
06-18-2015, 09:29 PM
This may seem a bit controversial. But I'm really all for a system in which we can give our Knight/Samurai/Viking a name, so our Uplay name won't be displayed. And really the goal of this is better immersion in the game. This should be furthered by a verification from Ubisoft on names so that the names of our characters are realisticand not "dragonxslyerepicswek" or something. I always love Ubisoft for their accuracy in history and realistic gameplay, such names would certainly break such immersion in the "For Honor" universe.
This means even so that Samurais need to have a japanese name based of their clan(which would require realistic clans in the game, or just based off of made up realistic sounding clans or once existing clans). And that knights have names appropriate to their region and Vikings, scandinavian names.
To give people even a greater sense that they're(or their character is) part of a real and realistic universe, would be to give them some proper character customization.
I hope you guys find this a good idea and not too controversial.

MathiasCB
06-19-2015, 02:18 AM
I support this. I need a Viking which i can name Sven.
Sven "The Big Bull" Hildersson

CaptianKok22
06-19-2015, 03:46 AM
i agree, i want to be called adrax "blackbear" sgorjensen

KailLokeson
06-19-2015, 04:53 AM
A lightly armored, sword and shield Vikings skirmisher who uses combat techniques similar to those demonstrated by Roland Warzecha. Name of Kail Lokeson, which is an old norse variation on my own name, coupled by "Son of Loki".

Kail Lokeson will slay every Samurai or Knight that comes his way.

Noonoox123
06-19-2015, 06:18 AM
Ummm... Forgetting something? Legion is best legion, duh.

personally, I'd go for a shameless cosplay; let's get Knight Artorias up in this biaaaaatch!

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120602192250/darksouls/images/c/cd/DSPC_Artorias_Final.jpg

TrikRisk
06-19-2015, 02:37 PM
That would be really cool clans. also yes, i agree that we should be creating our names when we start a character like: you create a samurai this is its name and you create a viking this is its name.

Islam_Ahmadiyya
06-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Titles would also be cool.

Arthur the Valiant.

Sasuro the Shadowmaster.

Sven the Warmonger.

You get the picture.

MathiasCB
06-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Ummm... Forgetting something? Legion is best legion, duh.

personally, I'd go for a shameless cosplay; let's get Knight Artorias up in this biaaaaatch!

You might think too highly of your little tin cans. There will be no mercy when the Warborns warhorn echoes throughout the battlefield, only death awaits the tin cans.

I love naming Vikings, however, the names makes much more sense to me than they would for most, atleast the last names.
Maybe i should name one ''Oden Hammarsköld''. Which would be ''Oden Hammershield'' if you'd translate.

King.Philip.II
06-19-2015, 09:46 PM
I do like the rivalry talk!

I will probably name my knight Sandor Clegane or Charles "The hammer" Martel

El Zo1212o
06-21-2015, 07:41 AM
I'd name my viking Mattias Nilsson so I could shove a teammate out of my way bellowing, "this is an emergency! A VIKING EMERGENCY!"

MathiasCB
06-21-2015, 01:55 PM
I'd name my viking Mathias Nilsson so I could shove a teammate out of my way bellowing, "this is an emergency! A VIKING EMERGENCY!"

I fixed it! :o