PDA

View Full Version : For the Emperor/For the King/For the ViKing(?) Game mode

TrikRisk
06-18-2015, 08:20 PM
First of all I don't know what is the name of a viking leader, dunno is king or emperor or other name.
EDIT: I know that you can call the Viking's leader a King, thank you.

So this game mode would be a 1v1 mode where you fight in front of your faction leader, in a tournament elimination system for earning of respect/honor/ranking points, gold and unique equipment if you win like 10/100 tournaments. But i don't know if there is gold in the game for you to buy weapons and armour. Even if not, there it is a good suggestion, I think. and you guys?

EDIT2: for the samurai imagine a plan little circle area where they find with those pink flowered trees(i think they are named sakuras) and the emperor with his guard on a special place like the VIP zone and surrounded by many and many spectators in silcence for the duels. the battle circle with throwables for a fair fight.

vikings would be in a mounty or mountany (dunno the word) area with their leader and people cheering and screaming for the fight. spectators would throw things(throwables) so the fighters could use.

the different maps i think would resemble the behave of each factions and bring the right tension to the duels in different ways, either if it is screaming for blood as a viking or praying in silence for the winner as a samurai.

MathiasCB
06-18-2015, 08:43 PM
For the Sven!

RyujinX6
06-18-2015, 08:57 PM
I can see a mode that is just straight-up dueling be pretty fun, yeah! Gets you right into the "meat" of the combat system.

Oakmantle
06-18-2015, 09:02 PM
First of all I don't know what is the name of a viking leader, dunno is king or emperor or other name.

So this game mode would be a 1v1 mode where you fight in front of your faction leader, in a tournament elimination system for earning of respect/honor/ranking points, gold and unique equipment if you win like 10/100 tournaments. But i don't know if there is gold in the game for you to buy weapons and armour. Even if not, there it is a good suggestion, I think. and you guys?

A viking leader would also generally be called by King.

TrikRisk
06-18-2015, 11:08 PM
A viking leader would also generally be called by King.

i thought so but i wasnt sure.

spaff_meister
06-18-2015, 11:54 PM
As with the Free for All suggestion, I like this idea as a preliminary game mode. I can see this being especially fun in splitscreen with friends. Maybe so for teaching someone who's new to the game some core concepts before going into the campaign/online etc.

Or even better, to call someone out after an intense match. I know a lot of people in CoD community call eachother out to 1v1 quick/no scope matches if they engage in rivalry in a public game. And since the devs said that such rivalry an personal interaction is core to their game, I think the option to 1v1 people would be a well appreciated feature.

If this mode also allowed for spectators too, it could lead to some pretty intense duels.

KailLokeson
06-19-2015, 12:14 AM
Love the idea. One on one duels using this combat system would be really fun.

Also, while the Head Viking guy could be called a King, do differentiate between the Knight's King you could use Jarl or Chief.

TrikRisk
06-19-2015, 09:56 PM
for the samurai imagine a plan little circle area where they find with those pink flowered trees(i think they are named sakuras) and the emperor with his guard on a special place like the VIP zone and surrounded by many and many spectators in silcence for the duels. the battle circle with throwables for a fair fight.

vikings would be in a mounty or mountany (dunno the word) area with their leader and people cheering and screaming for the fight. spectators would throw things(throwables) so the fighters could use.

the different maps i think would resemble the behave of each factions and bring the right tension to the duels in different ways, either if it is screaming for blood as a viking or praying in silence for the winner as a samurai.