PDA

View Full Version : [Error spotted] Samurai is jogging/sprinting with katana curved up

KALUHS
06-18-2015, 09:07 AM
You guys got it right in the cgi video but seeing the game play footage, while jogging/sprinting the samurai is holding the katana with the blade curved up/ edge down, it's suppose to be curved down/ edge up. please fix.

P.S. For Honor looks like the game I've been searching for all my life. I'm crazy about melee games but most don't capture the weight and feel of the weapons right. You guys have done a solid job, I'm extremely HYPED!

edit- just noticed I should have posted in suggestion/feedback, sorry its 4am. Brain not functioning properly

Knight_Helios
06-19-2015, 10:03 PM
Ahh well you see, it doesn't really matter which way the blade curves. In history, when a samurai blade was forged, there would be a signature marked on one side of the blade. Samurai would always hold their sword with the signature facing away from them. In early times, it was placed on the side of the blade which made Samurai where the sword curve up. Over time, this changed a little and the signature was put on the other side, causing Samurai to wear them curve down.
So the game is using early Samurai - which I think is cooler actually.