PDA

View Full Version : Beta Streaming

Serdones
06-18-2015, 07:19 AM
Obviously disclosure of pre-release footage is a touchy subject and I'm not unfamiliar with non-disclosure agreements. Still, if at some point during player testing we could stream gameplay, I think it could do a lot to show the company's dedication to building a community, while also giving a Twitch audience an early taste of how fun For Honor can be for spectators. Admittedly, I'm not sure what's common as far as publishers' policies on beta and alpha test streaming and recording. So if it's ridiculous by current standards, my bad. Just thought I'd toss the idea out there. Maybe people more familiar with the subject could help paint a clearer picture.

And by the way, yeah, it's probably a little silly to bring this up before we even know when we'll see any alpha or beta tests. I just can't stop wondering when I can get my hands on this, y'know?

Yugureki
06-18-2015, 10:44 AM
Obviously disclosure of pre-release footage is a touchy subject and I'm not unfamiliar with non-disclosure agreements. Still, if at some point during player testing we could stream gameplay, I think it could do a lot to show the company's dedication to building a community, while also giving a Twitch audience an early taste of how fun For Honor can be for spectators. Admittedly, I'm not sure what's common as far as publishers' policies on beta and alpha test streaming and recording. So if it's ridiculous by current standards, my bad. Just thought I'd toss the idea out there. Maybe people more familiar with the subject could help paint a clearer picture.

And by the way, yeah, it's probably a little silly to bring this up before we even know when we'll see any alpha or beta tests. I just can't stop wondering when I can get my hands on this, y'know?

It would be pretty bad idea if they didn't allow people to stream or recorded alpha or beta footage, since it's a new I.P. they'd want to generate as much traffic to the game as possible.
I can't wait for a test either i'm very eager to see For Honor first hand.

IamCrumbz
06-18-2015, 12:04 PM

Hopefully we'll get to stream the beta if not then we can always post screen shot's.

nagorian
06-18-2015, 12:16 PM
They stated in the Twitch interview that they wanted streamers in the game, and invited them to play it on the machines they had set up at E3, so I bet they will allow streaming from the earliest stages.

It would make sense , as the others said, to add to the publicity Twitch would provide.