PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Spread AI over battlefield

lilmp89
06-18-2015, 03:56 AM
Hi,

I only had a limited glance of the game from the Twitch stream this evening, but I just wanted to share a thought that I think would make the game feel more organic.

NPCs ought to be more spread out. At least in the demo, it seemed all of the NPCs just went to the center of the map in one big mob. In Dominion, if capturing points is important, then perhaps having NPCs go for them too would also motivate players to also be defensive.

In the demo shown, players only ran into other players around the map. Perhaps, having 1-3 NPCs follow each player, or being able to call 1-3 to follow would be cool. It'd seem more organic as I'd imagine people would travel in groups usually.

Keep up the work. The game really sparked my interest. It seems like a really good approach to multiplayer melee combat. :)

asdf456aewadf
06-18-2015, 04:02 AM
will the AI have the power to capture ?

Serdones
06-18-2015, 06:52 AM
It could be that AI units are meant to stick together and follow a mostly linear path along control points, kinda similar to how minions function in League of Legends.

MathiasCB
06-18-2015, 12:00 PM
Would be quite fun having some devoted followers, however that would probably take away the feeling of a duel. Which is(Correct me if i'm wrong) a major thing they have been going for. I'd rather just team up with one of my other teammates, however, that's me. :)

Then again, as heard in the masterclass stream, someone got struck by an NPC and then fell for a pincer move. NPC's sound quite active. Spreading them out more is totally a good idea though.