PDA

View Full Version : Player customization?

Chris_
06-18-2015, 02:06 AM
Are we able to create a customized character in this game (gender, face, hair, skin color, clothing/gear)? Or do you play as the characters in the trailer? So many questions, but I'm loving the return of Ghost Recon. Cheers gents.

DanHibikiFanXM
06-18-2015, 02:13 AM
This is a big question for me as well (was actually about to post this EXACT same topic lol). I am really not digging the dude-bro-mercenary vibe of the Ghosts. As god-awful as the Ghosts looked in Future Soldier with their mismatched camo and dorky bandanas you could still squint and see some semblance of them being SF operators. I would REALLY hope there is some type of customization in play so you can actually make your character look like how the Ghosts used to look back in the day.

I'm really concerned on that front though because I don't want too much customization though. I don't want the dorkiness of the Rainbow Six Vegas games where people would intentionally make their characterss look stupid with mismatched gear and clown camo; not just making themselves irritating to look at but also breaking immersion as well. A slightly more limited Arma 3 like customization system would be a good fit.

bugkill1ad
06-18-2015, 02:57 AM
This is a big question for me as well (was actually about to post this EXACT same topic lol). I am really not digging the dude-bro-mercenary vibe of the Ghosts. As god-awful as the Ghosts looked in Future Soldier with their mismatched camo and dorky bandanas you could still squint and see some semblance of them being SF operators. I would REALLY hope there is some type of customization in play so you can actually make your character look like how the Ghosts used to look back in the day.

I'm really concerned on that front though because I don't want too much customization though. I don't want the dorkiness of the Rainbow Six Vegas games where people would intentionally make their characterss look stupid with mismatched gear and clown camo; not just making themselves irritating to look at but also breaking immersion as well. A slightly more limited Arma 3 like customization system would be a good fit.

Well, it will be pretty silly having Ghost operators running around in military gear hunting down drug cartel members, unless they mix in some joint ops with the Bolivian military for some drug raids or hostage rescue missions. I do agree that there does need to be a good level of customization since it is going open world and I'm confident that it will be. Basically, a military themed GTA game.

RobertTopham
06-18-2015, 05:19 AM
A solid dark camo will do me.

xIMayhemIx
06-18-2015, 05:45 AM
If they have atleast the same amount of customization as Rainbow Six Vegas, id be stoked.

Kaiskune
06-18-2015, 03:44 PM
a simple 5 point system would work nicely for me
#Head (helmets, hats, communications)
#Face (sunglasses, masks, baraclavas)
#Torso (Jackets, shirts Bdu with a limited choice of camo patterns that complement each area. [as much as i loved it in Vegas 2 keep the custom camo feature in rainbow6])
#Webbing/body (current and next gen body armour, classic webbing
#Legs (pants/trousers and boots in various options... shorts and flip flops for a laugh?)

posssibly with a optional rucksack/backpack and several pack designs to choose from

I see it as good for both the players AND the company
the players get a customisable player design that they can make their own user skin
the company can release new options, special throwback uniforms and the like as chargeable or free DLC

THE_JOKE_KING33
06-18-2015, 06:37 PM
If they have atleast the same amount of customization as Rainbow Six Vegas, id be stoked.

Pretty much this.

ES-Ulukai
06-18-2015, 07:20 PM
If there's a character customisation, i'd like to be able to use Belgian Jigsaw Camo ^^

shobhit7777777
06-18-2015, 08:20 PM
The Ghost character designs make sense to me, given the premise. It'd be weird if they were running around in BDUs and helmets

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/40/df/4e/40df4ee2a51247725e32bb70c325ce40.jpg

the_oper8r
06-18-2015, 09:09 PM
The Ghost character designs make sense to me, given the premise. It'd be weird if they were running around in BDUs and helmets

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/40/df/4e/40df4ee2a51247725e32bb70c325ce40.jpg

I agree that decked out in tactical gear would not help with blending in, but we don't need anything over the top. Maybe just a few different backpacks or load bearing vests. Some different hats, scarves or masks and maybe a smaller helmet. And also thanks for putting that picture in, so many people saying "real SF don't dress like this!"

SanityAgathion
06-18-2015, 11:37 PM
And also thanks for putting that picture in, so many people saying "real SF don't dress like this!"
My acquaintance told stories of him occasionally running dressed in regular jeans and a hoodie in simulated scenarios, so you are probably right. Besides *****gargleweewee shooters, I guess it's only Gordon Freeman and Sam Fisher running around in funny suits in non-battlefield areas :)

This brings another question: will you be able to dress up "for battle" if your immediate plan is to go full frontal assault? Or sneak in, for that matter. Which would imply having "more casual" and "combat" outfit. Will it matter?

DanHibikiFanXM
06-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Shobhit knows but in case you don't know me I'm not speaking from ignorance when I say the things I say. Either way it should be my tactical choice what I take into battle especially with the full blown kinetic missions like what they showed in that trailer. If you want to rock a bright red t-shirt during a full on assault of a cartel stronghold that's cool, but I should be able to wear multicam if I choose and I should have the ability to deck out my team in whatever gear I want as well.

Either way I still advocate for a system similar to the one in Arma 3. Though this is an old video and the actual application of their character editor ended up being different in retail it's still pretty much the same as what's shown here. Take note, Ubisoft.

https://youtu.be/yLIPW0oIvm8

shobhit7777777
06-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Shobhit knows but in case you don't know me I'm not speaking from ignorance when I say the things I say. Either way it should be my tactical choice what I take into battle especially with the full blown kinetic missions like what they showed in that trailer. If you want to rock a bright red t-shirt during a full on assault of a cartel stronghold that's cool, but I should be able to wear multicam if I choose and I should have the ability to deck out my team in whatever gear I want as well.

Either way I still advocate for a system similar to the one in Arma 3. Though this is an old video and the actual application of their character editor ended up being different in retail it's still pretty much the same as what's shown here. Take note, Ubisoft.

https://youtu.be/yLIPW0oIvm8

Can vouch for Dan...he knows his stuff

You do make a good point. While jeans and red t-shirts are fine for blending in urban areas teeming with civies and tangos, sneaking around dense foliage in rough terrain or raiding a cartel stronghold in the middle of a desert in casuals does seem off

A character customization (Arma 3 level is apt) might just be perfect for immersion.

Although I would like our customization choices to have an effect on gameplay. So, if you're strolling around in Jeans and hoodies (Casual) with your weapons holstered and stuff then you'll be able to walk around unmolested in urban areas or around the tangos...however, putting on LBVs and multicams in a city would immediately draw attention of the dangerous kind. Conversely, Multicams and LBVs in the rougher, unpopulated areas should lead to better stealth rating for your character (Enemies don't spot you easy) and you can carry more equipment.

That^ would be awesome.

I agree that decked out in tactical gear would not help with blending in, but we don't need anything over the top. Maybe just a few different backpacks or load bearing vests. Some different hats, scarves or masks and maybe a smaller helmet. And also thanks for putting that picture in, so many people saying "real SF don't dress like this!"

I honestly don't know myself....I just know what I know from google. I imagine they wear whatever they need to that helps them get the job done. Delta and Army SF are known to operate in civies...Delta IIRC is trained in urban surveillance and tradecraft and I imagine SF would be to...on account of them having to run intel networks.

My acquaintance told stories of him occasionally running dressed in regular jeans and a hoodie in simulated scenarios, so you are probably right. Besides *****gargleweewee shooters, I guess it's only Gordon Freeman and Sam Fisher running around in funny suits in non-battlefield areas :)

This brings another question: will you be able to dress up "for battle" if your immediate plan is to go full frontal assault? Or sneak in, for that matter. Which would imply having "more casual" and "combat" outfit. Will it matter?

I really, really hope it does. That'd be perfect.

GRW seems like its set on delivering the whole Spec Ops fantasy....and the above IMO is a large part of it.

Cortexian
06-19-2015, 09:09 AM
I sent a large feedback report to the Wildlands dev team after the Paris trip. I included a few paragraphs worth of character customization suggestions. I'll be expanding on it in the future as it's an important subject to myself as well as many people in the community. The ArmA link is a fantastic example, as I mentioned the ArmA 3 system to the developers.

I want a system like that personally.

shobhit7777777
06-19-2015, 09:43 AM
I sent a large feedback report to the Wildlands dev team after the Paris trip. I included a few paragraphs worth of character customization suggestions. I'll be expanding on it in the future as it's an important subject to myself as well as many people in the community. The ArmA link is a fantastic example, as I mentioned the ArmA 3 system to the developers.

I want a system like that personally.

Could you also mention in your report that the customization would be great if it impacted gameplay? As suggested above? Thanks

Cortexian
06-19-2015, 02:25 PM
It's in there with the questions about if holstering your weapon lowers your perceived threat level. I asked if ditching your gear (if possible) would further lower it and allow you to blend in better.

We talked a lot about camo, environment, and AI awareness. I think I ended up suggesting a fairly neat thing about it in one of our meetings. Above and beyond what other games do when it comes to camos. We got you guys covered haha. :)

I'm loving that the majority of the communities questions and concerns are ones that we shared and communicated to the developers. Kinda makes us feel a bit vindicated knowing that what we suggested and recommended is exactly what the community is saying now.

Kaiskune
06-19-2015, 04:01 PM
I have to argue that military gear is not as unusual or out of place as youd think in a civil area.

as a basic example I could take a photo of the town centre of my Hometown and one person every ten or more is wearing military sirplus. boots, trousers and jackets of various countries are not uncommon.

but I like whats being said about when reconing a urbanized area. it would be a good system to be able to build a weapon stash or a adequete vehicle to hide your non-concealable weapons and equipment allowing for close in survailence while planning a strike.
in a lawless sector on the other hand where merc groups come and go as they please they'd in theory be able to loiter as long as they are not carrying hi tech weapons. a quartet of soldiers with their side arms on show wouldnt cause a scene.

the_oper8r
06-19-2015, 04:13 PM
I have to argue that military gear is not as unusual or out of place as youd think in a civil area.

as a basic example I could take a photo of the town centre of my Hometown and one person every ten or more is wearing military sirplus. boots, trousers and jackets of various countries are not uncommon.

but I like whats being said about when reconing a urbanized area. it would be a good system to be able to build a weapon stash or a adequete vehicle to hide your non-concealable weapons and equipment allowing for close in survailence while planning a strike.
in a lawless sector on the other hand where merc groups come and go as they please they'd in theory be able to loiter as long as they are not carrying hi tech weapons. a quartet of soldiers with their side arms on show wouldnt cause a scene.

Of course fatigues or other military clothing wouldn't cause a buzz in a pretty much lawless Bolivia, but what would is gear like that was worn in GRAW or Future Soldier. Full on plate carriers with helmets and other carriers. Now just a t-shirt, some camo pants, a load bearing vest, a small backpack and and a cap with a headset wouldn't really be that big of a deal.
I like the idea of being able to hide weapons in the vehicle. Maybe a concealed storage case to hide gear? A sort of mini portable armory? Would be useful for getting past government checkpoints.

shobhit7777777
06-19-2015, 04:25 PM
It's in there with the questions about if holstering your weapon lowers your perceived threat level. I asked if ditching your gear (if possible) would further lower it and allow you to blend in better.

We talked a lot about camo, environment, and AI awareness. I think I ended up suggesting a fairly neat thing about it in one of our meetings. Above and beyond what other games do when it comes to camos. We got you guys covered haha. :)

I'm loving that the majority of the communities questions and concerns are ones that we shared and communicated to the developers. Kinda makes us feel a bit vindicated knowing that what we suggested and recommended is exactly what the community is saying now.

:D

I wish you guys can answer the questions soon.

Precisely

It would open up many oppurtunities. I can imagine one low profile guy tracking a cartel honcho in a small town...keeping track for the rest of his armed buddies (who are camped out on an overlooking hill) the moment the target enters a building, the tracker marks the place and calls in the rest of his team. The tracker can then swiftly eliminate guards on the periphery...using his proximity and low profile as an advantage....walk up to the sentries, followed by a mozambique drill. The tracker can then quickly disable the escape vehicle...and then cover the assault team as they take down the house.

Of course fatigues or other military clothing wouldn't cause a buzz in a pretty much lawless Bolivia, but what would is gear like that was worn in GRAW or Future Soldier. Full on plate carriers with helmets and other carriers. Now just a t-shirt, some camo pants, a load bearing vest, a small backpack and and a cap with a headset wouldn't really be that big of a deal.
I like the idea of being able to hide weapons in the vehicle. Maybe a concealed storage case to hide gear? A sort of mini portable armory? Would be useful for getting past government checkpoints.

A vehicle cache would be an excellent idea. You could sneak in and park your vehicle for tomorrow's operation. I love it.

Kaiskune
06-19-2015, 06:59 PM
I like the idea of being able to hide weapons in the vehicle. Maybe a concealed storage case to hide gear? A sort of mini portable armory?

I like the idea but at the same time I'm a bit weiry of a 'portable armoury'. maybe im just thinking all fashioned but the Idea of a new gun you'd just unlocked suddenly becoming available in your resupply doesnt sit well with me. it runs a little too much like the M.U.L.E. of GRAW2.
Personally I think the weapon you chose on deployment is what you keep unless you decide to take an enemies that you like better. to change your weapon to something compeltely different should require a air drop or Heli RV point that runs the risk of drawing attention from a patrol.
as and example if you've been stuck using a M4 (not that Colt will let Ubisoft use their products mind) and you unlock... for the hell of it, the M40 marskman rifle (you have chosen to be the teams sniper) to get it sent to you with all the shiny bells and whistles you like (barrel length, muzzle brakes, certain attachements, anything that would i theory need to be machined or mechanically applied to the weapon) you should need to request a resupply. and in trune run the risk of should the enemy get there first getting caught up in a ambush

on the other hand, say you find a Gol. sniper system on some random patrol you take out. (yes im kind grapsing at random straws here) but you just want a stronger scope you already have unlocked, as it is a basic picatinny rail swap out you can do it at your cashe without resupply

shobhit7777777
06-19-2015, 07:23 PM
I like the idea but at the same time I'm a bit weiry of a 'portable armoury'. maybe im just thinking all fashioned but the Idea of a new gun you'd just unlocked suddenly becoming available in your resupply doesnt sit well with me. it runs a little too much like the M.U.L.E. of GRAW2.

Well I was thinking something along the lines of just being able to stash whatever you have on you into a vehicle. A vehicle shouldn't act like a resupply crate IMO....it should however be able to store equipment you've put into it.

I'm imagining that the Ghosts have a bases/caches located all over the map from where they re-equip/customize weapons. The ghosts can pack the vehicle with mission critical equipment and carry extra stuff on them. Maybe unload their weapons and equipment on a vehicle and then stroll into town in a "Non threatening posture".

Hmm....can you attach C4 to vehicles? I think its very likely you can...

Thekaragg
06-20-2015, 05:11 PM
It would be cool to have outfits changing like in Strike Back where Scott wears a casual shirt with a CCW and therefore draws less attention.

doc_t_58
07-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Very small detail in customization but does anyone know if you will be able to choose skin tone/color for characters?? i just assume every race would want to play as a character who resembles themselves

Chris_
07-14-2015, 06:25 AM
Very small detail in customization but does anyone know if you will be able to choose skin tone/color for characters?? i just assume every race would want to play as a character who resembles themselves
Unknown, but that's one of the reasons I started this thread. I'm wondering about the possibility of creating a custom character and what options will be there, if any. Hopefully we'll get official word one way or the other soon.

premiumart
07-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Its kinda funny to me that everyone is about minimalism, when it comes to ghosts who(at least in my memory) where packed with the latest high tech. Im pretty sure the devs took the stuff you mentioned in consideration. What would a ghost wear in that exact situation? I guess that question came up early XD.

Anyways the trailers suggested a little bit of customization but im curious how that works with the fact that its not just a random character but a established one witch background.

(also shame on me but i liked future soldier)

Kaiskune
07-14-2015, 09:26 PM
Its kinda funny to me that everyone is about minimalism, when it comes to ghosts who(at least in my memory) where packed with the latest high tech. Im pretty sure the devs took the stuff you mentioned in consideration. What would a ghost wear in that exact situation? I guess that question came up early XD.

Anyways the trailers suggested a little bit of customization but im curious how that works with the fact that its not just a random character but a established one witch background.

(also shame on me but i liked future soldier)

that is a great point but I have to argue there is a line between having the latest viable technology (GR2, GRAW series to a degree) and being so over the top with technology and gadgetry the player is forced to rely on them (future soldier and its harry potter invisibility cloak, emp drone crawler/helo and X-ray scopes)
A gadget used in the right place at the right time should give you a upperhand NOT hold your hand.

xIMayhemIx
07-16-2015, 01:31 AM
I hope ghillie suits are accessible? Sniping/stalking laying prone in a ghillie suit while I gather intelligence relaying it to my team as they flank. Obviously, it would be silly to walk around in plain sight. But in combat it would be essential.

Muddvain
07-31-2015, 04:44 PM
that is a great point but I have to argue there is a line between having the latest viable technology (GR2, GRAW series to a degree) and being so over the top with technology and gadgetry the player is forced to rely on them (future soldier and its harry potter invisibility cloak, emp drone crawler/helo and X-ray scopes)
A gadget used in the right place at the right time should give you a upperhand NOT hold your hand.

Yall crack me up. Ghost Recon Future Soldier was designed perfectly to me now the operation can be a little laggy and can also be horribly laggy. But the game itself IMHO is the best Ghost ever. The so called "cloaking ability is a joke. It is real and it does work fairly well in most applications, however the game doesn't allow it to have a huge impact in the game possibly while actually using a Sniper but other than that I slaughter most scouts with ease. Backscatters are real and actually have x-powers now on scopes allowing a larger distance for viewing I have shot and used a "backscatter" before. They are exactly like that game shuts down your vision and gives you tunnel vision extremely bad. Sensors are the more far fetched gadget IMO but to each their own if you don't like it don't play it. But I love GRFS and still play it min 3-5 hours every evening. Yes there is lag and on those nights I sometimes cut my playing time down or just push through and enjoy playing with my Squads!

Happy Hunting Ghosts!
Muddvain

Bmuny
08-02-2015, 06:19 AM
After checking out the Arma 3 customization vid I would have to agree that it would be nice if they followed the same path.

How about facial features such as beards or hairstyles or tattoos. Skin tones are very important as well.

Milli0nkniv3s
08-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Are we able to create a customized character in this game (gender, face, hair, skin color, clothing/gear)? Or do you play as the characters in the trailer? So many questions, but I'm loving the return of Ghost Recon. Cheers gents.

I truly hope we can customise our own ghost however I have a feeling we will be using the four and somewhere as I have already said in another post I heard in a youtube video I think that it could be the four main chars from GRFS as GRWL is based/aimed on events before FS.

Muddvain
08-13-2015, 09:35 PM
I think most of these ideas are great if they are able to incorporate them into the game without issues. But for all the FPS types out there other than seeing your replay of your dead body what would it matter if it has all these things you can customize but cant see them from you FPV. Sorry not muddying this with FPS or TPS convo just wondering what yalls opinons are on the Charactiers customization with a FPS versus a TPS ya know. In GRFS when you change the limited amount of options on your gun and uniforms you get to see them in action but, is anything further than Gun customization important on a FPS??

Seriously not interested in a argument over which is better just wanna know if if its FPS is it worth the waste of time even talking about player customization.

Based off the videos seen it appears third person is their choice so, all yalls cool ideas for customizing stuff would be awesome.......

Happy Hunting Ghosts!
Muddvain

jeannaq
12-29-2015, 07:54 AM
I would absolutely love the option to customize or even create my character. I see all the cool features and such that are in The Division and I just get more and more upset that I won't be able to play it. So I would like to see a character creator in Ghost Recon and say "To Hell with 'Realism' and 'Authenticity'. Basically I am banking on Wildlands to be the epic open world shooter game that I can actually play.

Sgt-Ripcord
12-31-2015, 03:39 AM
You do make a good point. While jeans and red t-shirts are fine for blending in urban areas teeming with civies and tangos, sneaking around dense foliage in rough terrain or raiding a cartel stronghold in the middle of a desert in casuals does seem off
Combat Casual :P
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/Ripcoord/N%20Africa/234.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc409/Ripcoord/Asskrakistan/163408_185766634781325_100000439708939_581284_9360 07_n.jpg

I honestly don't know myself....I just know what I know from google. I imagine they wear whatever they need to that helps them get the job done. Delta and Army SF are known to operate in civies...Delta IIRC is trained in urban surveillance and tradecraft and I imagine SF would be to...on account of them having to run intel networks.
Situation dictates, t-shirts and baseball caps are normal, mixed cam is also common (i have many pics of us each wearing something different) not just mixed cam on one guy but one guy in woodland, others in multi all in the same team, and even some guys still rockin ACU (not so common anymore)though mostly civi clothes is the exception not the norm.

EoA-Kenshun
01-01-2016, 03:59 AM
Check out the newest Q&A video. They are making a point to say that customization will be a big thing. To include your physical self.

Check out about 4:33

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/wildlands/en-US/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-232272-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

SrZ-_-EdItOr
05-27-2016, 12:12 PM

There is some form of customisation as on the preorder there is this pic http://puu.sh/p6P8E/0711ff1f84.jpg showing a wearable gear set

Sp--pyBrown
05-27-2016, 12:26 PM
There is some form of customisation as on the preorder there is this pic http://puu.sh/p6P8E/0711ff1f84.jpg showing a wearable gear set

Am I the only one who's concerned about how RPG-esque this seems? XP booster? Really??

ES-Ulukai
05-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Battlefield has xp lvl does it is a RPG for all that ?

the_oper8r
05-27-2016, 03:21 PM
I would absolutely love the option to customize or even create my character. I see all the cool features and such that are in The Division and I just get more and more upset that I won't be able to play it. So I would like to see a character creator in Ghost Recon and say "To Hell with 'Realism' and 'Authenticity'. Basically I am banking on Wildlands to be the epic open world shooter game that I can actually play.

If you want character customization that doesn't take realism and authenticity into it, then this may not be a game you're looking for. Realism is a pillar of the Ghost Recon series.

Chris_
05-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Am I the only one who's concerned about how RPG-esque this seems? XP booster? Really??

There may be some sort of player progression tied to gaining XP (maybe unlocking weapons, attachments, skins/outfits?), but I'm hoping this game is more of a "one shot one kill" game compared to Division. Don't get me wrong, I like The Division, but I'm just hoping for something a little different here.

ES-Ulukai
05-27-2016, 04:19 PM
No guys why do you make me repeat so much :(

GRW is miles away from the Division gameplay :D

the_oper8r
05-27-2016, 04:42 PM
There may be some sort of player progression tied to gaining XP (maybe unlocking weapons, attachments, skins/outfits?), but I'm hoping this game is more of a "one shot one kill" game compared to Division. Don't get me wrong, I like The Division, but I'm just hoping for something a little different here.

It's not an RPG, customization is most likely just aesthetic. No bullet sponge type gameplay like The Division.

SuperBiscotCOT
05-27-2016, 04:44 PM

Haha they gonna kill you one day with a heart attack ! I think you should copy past this answer :D

Sp--pyBrown
05-27-2016, 04:49 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Lol.

That screenshot from earlier reminded me heavily of the "packs" that are in The Division. Also, it's very reminiscent of Ghost Recon Phantoms. Neither is a good thing...

We'll see if the gameplay is any good but judging by the trailer, it's nothing like OGR. Just full auto fire everywhere and the familiar "gotta-catch-'em-all"-pom pom wool caps from The Division. We'll see.

ES-Ulukai
05-27-2016, 08:43 PM
So I played the game and I know that the ghost just need a few round to kill or one bullet in the head but apparently it seems not for you. Are you calling me a liar :confused:

AI BLUEFOX
05-27-2016, 10:35 PM

You have, watch the damage shown in the reveal trailer

That screenshot from earlier reminded me heavily of the "packs" that are in The Division. Also, it's very reminiscent of Ghost Recon Phantoms

Well, they are soldiers, they are likely to be carrying packs as opposed to little suitcases on wheels. It's stretching it a bit to extrapolate an RPG damage model into a shooter based on a back pack. And reminiscent of Phantoms? Really can say I'm not picking that up at all.

the_oper8r
05-28-2016, 12:26 AM

That screenshot from earlier reminded me heavily of the "packs" that are in The Division. Also, it's very reminiscent of Ghost Recon Phantoms. Neither is a good thing...

We'll see if the gameplay is any good but judging by the trailer, it's nothing like OGR. Just full auto fire everywhere and the familiar "gotta-catch-'em-all"-pom pom wool caps from The Division. We'll see.

Why all The Division comparisons? If it's solely based on what the trailer makes it looks like that sorta dumb considering you haven't even played the game. And then saying "you'll believe it when you see it" concerning a comment made by someone who's actually played the game. Just sounded sorta arrogant.

GiveMeTactical
05-28-2016, 02:05 AM
So I played the game and I know that the ghost just need a few round to kill or one bullet in the head but apparently it seems not for you. Are you calling me a liar :confused:
Not particularly, at least, that is not how I read it... more like he is calling UBI a liar given their history of lies. Oops, I am sorry, not lies, perhaps circumventing the truth would be more politically correct.

Why all The Division comparisons? If it's solely based on what the trailer makes it looks like that sorta dumb considering you haven't even played the game. And then saying "you'll believe it when you see it" concerning a comment made by someone who's actually played the game. Just sounded sorta arrogant.
Well, not arrogant at all, what they all play was a part of the alpha game and such a long time ago God only knows how many times that has changed from what it was or even if that part that they played will be on the actual game or... do you know for a fact that it will be there?

See, you gotta understand, it is not that we don't trust the folks who went to Paris... we just don't trust a word UBI says.

Chris_
05-28-2016, 02:49 AM
No guys why do you make me repeat so much http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/frown.png

GRW is miles away from the Division gameplay http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/biggrin.png

Apologies, I feel like I misspoke with my reply. I meant to say that I'm expecting GRW to be different, not hoping. I've been following this game since the first reveal trailer and have seen that the guns at least seem to preform fairly realistically.

I share a healthy skepticism with a few other posters here that what we've seen so far is exactly what we'll get. I wasn't expecting this to be an XP collection game before Sp--pyBrown mentioned it and I took a look at that particular pre-order image. Not that the "gaining XP" and/or unlock system is a dealbreaker for me, I enjoy BF3 and BF4, but it's not exactly what I had in mind for a Ghost Recon game.

We'll see how this all shakes out if they reveal more at E3 in a few short weeks. But I digress, I've already derailed my own thread enough.

AMS_AGENT_000
05-28-2016, 03:37 AM
I actually really dig the Tier 1 ragtag style of the new Ghosts. In case anyone is interested, Ubisoft has already confirmed that character customization is in the game (subject to change of course). Skip to 4:33 for the segment about customization:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5CZkcb7mpE

Sp--pyBrown
05-28-2016, 07:47 AM

I don't trust Ubi. I hope you understand.

You have, watch the damage shown in the reveal trailer

Well, they are soldiers, they are likely to be carrying packs as opposed to little suitcases on wheels. It's stretching it a bit to extrapolate an RPG damage model into a shooter based on a back pack. And reminiscent of Phantoms? Really can say I'm not picking that up at all.

Trailers don't mean anything when it comes to Ubisoft.

I didn't mean backpacks, rather the equipment sets that are prevalent in both The Division and Phantoms (and apparently GRWL now). I could've worded that better, sorry:D Here's a pic of what I mean; https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EAWhoN8jr5c/maxresdefault.jpg

Even if they played the game, it doesn't mean that the end product will be even close to that demo. I'll believe it when I see it.

I share a healthy skepticism with a few other posters here that what we've seen so far is exactly what we'll get. I wasn't expecting this to be an XP collection game before Sp--pyBrown mentioned it and I took a look at that particular pre-order image. Not that the "gaining XP" and/or unlock system is a dealbreaker for me, I enjoy BF3 and BF4, but it's not exactly what I had in mind for a Ghost Recon game.

We'll see how this all shakes out if they reveal more at E3 in a few short weeks. But I digress, I've already derailed my own thread enough.

+1. That XP system is partly why this reminds me of The Division's mechanics. Maybe they saw that was a good selling point to the casual masses. Not a deal breaker for sure.

Lolssi
05-31-2016, 12:23 PM
Ok that XP booster has me really worried. What is the experience used?
Basically my hopes for this game just took major dive. Hopefully I'm wrong but looks like UBI marketing is at it again.

shobhit7777777
05-31-2016, 08:19 PM
Christ, The Division did a number on you didn't it ;)

Yeah...I'm willing to bet my left nut that apart from a third person perspective, The Division and GRW are two entirely different beasts. From the XP system to the damage model...GRW is a completely different game...nevermind the fact that the movement and gunplay seem vastly different from The Divison.

Also, game devs don't do a complete 180 on super important and core elements like damage model...that just doesn't happen.

AI BLUEFOX
05-31-2016, 09:46 PM
Christ, The Division did a number on you didn't it ;)

Yeah...I'm willing to bet my left nut that apart from a third person perspective, The Division and GRW are two entirely different beasts. From the XP system to the damage model...GRW is a completely different game...nevermind the fact that the movement and gunplay seem vastly different from The Divison.

Also, game devs don't do a complete 180 on super important and core elements like damage model...that just doesn't happen.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

SuperBiscotCOT
06-01-2016, 08:57 AM
Please shobhit can you reapeat it again ? I'm not sure they saw it because we need to reapeat it again and again ;)

KrishaChaos
06-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Have they said yet if I can play as a female?

Sp--pyBrown
06-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Have they said yet if I can play as a female?

Haven't seen anything but male characters this far. Female characters might be in the works though.

Keltimus
06-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Ok that XP booster has me really worried. What is the experience used?
Basically my hopes for this game just took major dive. Hopefully I'm wrong but looks like UBI marketing is at it again.

More than likely it's going to be used towards unlocking access to more vehicles and specialized weapons.

SammyTheRed
06-05-2016, 12:14 AM
Could be vehicles and weapons. Could be items or modifications. Could be abilities.

My own, purely speculative hypothesis is that the developers realized they need to give players a persistent reward for participating in someone else's cooperative campaign; otherwise, the guy hosting gets to make progress on the campaign's narrative, but the drop-ins are left with nothing to show for their in-game accomplishments. Easiest way to reward drop-ins for helping someone else with his campaign is by giving them something to unlock that they can take with them back to their own campaigns--or even to use when joining a third person's campaign. So they created some sort of rewards ladder for people to progress through.

I also would not be shocked if part of the idea behind this ladder was to give players the ability to define what role his operator would play within a four man team--medic, demolitions, drone operator, etc.

Sp--pyBrown
06-05-2016, 10:41 AM
That would suck. So much for authenticity lmao:p

SammyTheRed
06-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Perhaps. I don't think there is anything inherently inauthentic about developing over time by learning through experience, although it can be portrayed in inauthentic ways. For instance, I probably would not be bothered by a minor modifier to recoil control that depended on a certain statistic that varied from operator to operator based on how experienced he is. Considering that such a mechanic hales back in Tom Clancy games all the way to the original Rainbow Six, it's awfully late in the day for me to get up in arms about something like that. On the other hand, if hording experience points means you get to unlock an AOE heal or a syringe gun that fires magical, GSW-healing bullets, I'll probably join you in your disappointment.

Sp--pyBrown
06-05-2016, 06:16 PM
Perhaps. I don't think there is anything inherently inauthentic about developing over time by learning through experience, although it can be portrayed in inauthentic ways. For instance, I probably would not be bothered by a minor modifier to recoil control that depended on a certain statistic that varied from operator to operator based on how experienced he is. Considering that such a mechanic hales back in Tom Clancy games all the way to the original Rainbow Six, it's awfully late in the day for me to get up in arms about something like that. On the other hand, if hording experience points means you get to unlock an AOE heal or a syringe gun that fires magical, GSW-healing bullets, I'll probably join you in your disappointment.

The overall idea about unlocking weapons via experience points doesn't really sit well with me. It doesn't make sense and only restricts gameplay. If a dev hails "total player freedom" (whatever that is) but restricts the equipment that tier one operators can use with an artificial boundary... I don't know... What's the point... I remember using a trainer to unlock all the weapons in one of those Vegas games just because I thought it was complete ******** to "unlock" guns by killing people.

I'm fine with XP being used to refine skills (eg. recoil control, weapon sway reducement etc. NOT magical GSW-healing bullet firing guns), as long as the base skill level makes sense (they're professionals after all).

Genocidejunkie.
06-05-2016, 10:23 PM
i think make a character type system is always a good way to go. I like how they did it in the division, the only problem there was lack of options for it and the ability to change it. as for outfits etc, as long as i can get rid of those god-awful headsets on my character i will be happy. but having outfit options would be a good thing to. or mixing and matching etc.

the_oper8r
06-05-2016, 10:36 PM
i think make a character type system is always a good way to go. I like how they did it in the division, the only problem there was lack of options for it and the ability to change it. as for outfits etc, as long as i can get rid of those god-awful headsets on my character i will be happy. but having outfit options would be a good thing to. or mixing and matching etc.

Why do you hate the headsets?

S4R1N.PdM
06-06-2016, 03:34 AM
Honestly character customization is a massive selling point for me, it helps me stay invested in the game because I can play as "MY" character. When I'm restricted to boring options like in The Division where everyone basically looks the same, has the same silhouette and has no personality, I lose interest.

So long as there isn't any of this flaming pink armour crap that devs seem to think is "cool" for some reason and there's a heap of different armour, clothing, helmets and yes, even gas masks and balaclavas.

Lolssi
06-06-2016, 01:05 PM
The overall idea about unlocking weapons via experience points doesn't really sit well with me. It doesn't make sense and only restricts gameplay. If a dev hails "total player freedom" (whatever that is) but restricts the equipment that tier one operators can use with an artificial boundary... I don't know... What's the point... I remember using a trainer to unlock all the weapons in one of those Vegas games just because I thought it was complete ******** to "unlock" guns by killing people.

I'm fine with XP being used to refine skills (eg. recoil control, weapon sway reducement etc. NOT magical GSW-healing bullet firing guns), as long as the base skill level makes sense (they're professionals after all).
Yeah let's assume experience is used to unlock weapons or vehicles.
Why wouldn't they have best weapons with them when they dropped into Bolivia? Makes no sense even if they crossed the border somewhere.
Gaining vehicles or wepons from arms dealer or some other vendor. That shouldn't reguire experience either, rather reputation or simply money.

I'm actually hoping experience actually boost something else in meta game. Like improving your base but hoping it isn't hoping as shallow as in Division.
I'm also fine with improving skills even if it doesn't fit the setting.

SuperBiscotCOT
06-06-2016, 05:19 PM
That shouldn't reguire experience either, rather reputation or simply money.

And why experience would not represent your repuation ? It would make sense :)
And you can still maybe steal money to cartels ;)

Lolssi
06-07-2016, 12:24 PM
And why experience would not represent your repuation ? It would make sense :)
And you can still maybe steal money to cartels ;)
Oh stealing would be awesome, I'm all for that.
But here is experience boost to gain reputation faster is just stupid. Also that would also throw out of the window what many have been asking of not showing all that mission completed +100 rep but rather show it with how npcs react.

henrikcomn
06-07-2016, 02:36 PM
well this is from the ubiblog:
Ghost Recon Wildlands is currently scheduled for release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The Deluxe Edition will feature the Standard Edition of the game along with some exclusive in-game goodies, such as the Huntsman rifle and motorbike, three emblems, three weapon camo skins, three character customization items, and an XP booster. <---THIS

This pretty much confirms that customization WILL be in the game, along with XP point.. Not sure what that is for though

GiveMeTactical
06-11-2016, 12:36 AM
Anyone know what XP Booster is or what does it mean? I don't want to go on a rant here but I am starting to smell something funny and not the ha ha funny kind.

Cortexian
06-11-2016, 06:07 AM
No official word on it, but there's nothing fishy to smell.

It will likely just be experience points required to level up. Level will likely only be relevant for things like what weapons/accessories/customizations you have access to, like most shooters. GRFS had levels for this sort of thing.

Don't worry, it's nothing like The Division or an ARPG.

AI BLUEFOX
06-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Anyone know what XP Booster is or what does it mean? I don't want to go on a rant here but I am starting to smell something funny and not the ha ha funny kind.

It is what it is, I guess, but I don't think too much should be read into it. My personal preference, like your's I suspect, is that unlocking new things through experience points, especially weapon unlocks, should be excluded or kept to a very light level. However, I recognise that I am in a very small minority on that point and most gamers now expect it as a standard feature that would be odd to exclude.

I am realistic enough to recognise it will most likely be a feature, and reconcile myself to the valid point that it will keep more gamers more interested in the game for more time. That is a good thing so I'll go with the inevitable and put up with it. I really hope we can avoid the feeling of grinding through the unlocks as you end up with that as your objective rather than enjoying the gameplay. Unlocking the bow on BF4 for example was a farce in terms of the actual game.

Sp--pyBrown
06-11-2016, 02:13 PM
It is what it is, I guess, but I don't think too much should be read into it. My personal preference, like your's I suspect, is that unlocking new things through experience points, especially weapon unlocks, should be excluded or kept to a very light level. However, I recognise that I am in a very small minority on that point and most gamers now expect it as a standard feature that would be odd to exclude.

I am realistic enough to recognise it will most likely be a feature, and reconcile myself to the valid point that it will keep more gamers more interested in the game for more time. That is a good thing so I'll go with the inevitable and put up with it. I really hope we can avoid the feeling of grinding through the unlocks as you end up with that as your objective rather than enjoying the gameplay. Unlocking the bow on BF4 for example was a farce in terms of the actual game.

What if they gave us options instead of going with "standard features"? IMO that'd solve a lot of issues that us tactical shooter fans have. How hard can it be to code?

AI BLUEFOX
06-11-2016, 04:24 PM
There's the commercial aspect to it as well, I guess, spoopy. Effectively splitting your playlists in two parts is also harmful to longevity, but I'd still prefer to have no unlocks.

It's not a matter of the coding difficulty, having unlocks at all requires more code obviously so it is a creative decision on how the Devs want the game played. In this they have to go for the experience they want for the most people. Having a section for players with no unlocks would dilute the unlock section so I can't see it happening. I'll grin and bear it, but I'm slowly being drawn into the unlock abyss. Much to my horror I enjoyed shopping for a new operator as I progressed in Rainbow 6, and I'm grateful I got through that without developing a serious dependency on the unlock buzz. Unfortunately, some of my best friends are wandering around the Division even as I type looking for their next pair of high health fingerless mittens or some armoured slippers or a woolly hat. They are beyond help now.

Sp--pyBrown
06-11-2016, 04:35 PM
There's the commercial aspect to it as well, I guess, spoopy. Effectively splitting your playlists in two parts is also harmful to longevity, but I'd still prefer to have no unlocks.

It's not a matter of the coding difficulty, having unlocks at all requires more code obviously so it is a creative decision on how the Devs want the game played. In this they have to go for the experience they want for the most people. Having a section for players with no unlocks would dilute the unlock section so I can't see it happening. I'll grin and bear it, but I'm slowly being drawn into the unlock abyss. Much to my horror I enjoyed shopping for a new operator as I progressed in Rainbow 6, and I'm grateful I got through that without developing a serious dependency on the unlock buzz. Unfortunately, some of my best friends are wandering around the Division even as I type looking for their next pair of high health fingerless mittens or some armoured slippers or a woolly hat. They are beyond help now.

Who cares if it dilutes unlocking gameplay? If GRWL had PvP I'd understand but it's not like the story/setting/overall gameplay depends on Ghosts racking up dead cartel members in exchange of new weapons.

The issue with stinky casuals wanting regen health and tac shooter fans wanting something more hardcore could be solved with options too. Call it, "accessibility"... or... "appealing to a larger audience". Lol;)

GiveMeTactical
06-11-2016, 05:11 PM
I really hope we can avoid the feeling of grinding through the unlocks as you end up with that as your objective rather than enjoying the gameplay
Therein lies the problem and why I accuse the Devs as being lazy sometimes, for lack of a better word. What good is it to unlock the good weapons on your last map or level? Pure marketing gimmicks to keep the kiddies entertained and give them so bragging rights they can post on youtube for their peeps to discuss. This is like watching "Reality Shows" because they are Real... more and more they are taking us by the hand and we are becoming stupid people.

Why would you need an XP Boost on so called "Tactical Games"?? I would understand if the requirements are for the easy levels (as you said) and then once you want to go through a second run on Hard, then everything is now unlock and there is no need for this XP BS. Now, this is only good if the ai will spawn in different places, if not, you already know where you will set up and make easy pickings of the whole game.

If you need XP boos to turn your weapon pink with the allusive skin then I don't care and I say more power to those who want. I would understand the need to unlock those skins if the enemy ai would notice you but if they don't, I see no need to unlock it as ALL I want to do is play the game, kill some baddies and continue living my real life.

Still, I will wait for E3 before unleashing my full anger rant... LOL

AI BLUEFOX
06-11-2016, 06:41 PM
You might need a stiff whiskey before E3 to calm your nerves. Inevitably the spotlight will be on features that appeal to the widest possible audience, but as Spoopy says options for the serious tactical guys would be really great to see..

UbiKeeba
06-11-2016, 09:17 PM
GiveMeTactical, as always, I really appreciate your feedback. It does not go unnoticed. I feel that when the game releases you are going to be very pleasantly surprised. However, I can appreciate your wariness, and just look forward to your thoughts after you are able to play it. :)

GiveMeTactical
06-11-2016, 09:29 PM
AI Bluefox, I don't normally drink but a whiskey mix with a soda and a twist (If I am not insulting the purists) might do the trick... LOL

@ UBIKEEBA
No worries... you will

I just hope that you won't expect them at launch time because unless UBI is willing to send a free copy my way, I won't be spending a dime on UBI products any time soon... you can take that to the bank. UBI products, as much as it owns my favorite franchises have always been a) Copy from a Friend after a while, B) Bargain Bin used, so it may be a while.

Now, I will be keeping a close eye on this here forums just so you guys don't miss me that much. That or to eat that crow I said I would if I was wrong on my rants but if I am not... don't mind to much me going like this:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8a/da/ef/8adaef2fc7827f78269e8d3edbf342c9.jpg