PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed: Syndicate Feedback based on E3 demo

RVSage
06-18-2015, 02:00 AM
There has been a lot thoughts, criticism being floated around...on the Syndicate playable demo... Sadly being at SFO I could not make it to the hands on sessions... Being a big fan of the series.. this was very sad to me... But thanks to various sources... I had 3 nice recordings of the game to help me.. Atleast get a feel of the game so far...

I am going to be a bit verbose about the demo videos.. listing my pros and cons ...

The Three Videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PluIGNfKsvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exdj9mKI-4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enpvxWO1z8o

What I loved

The hook is really a good tool, As the buildings are taller (on the basis of the era) Climbing up could become a tedious process.. In the video 3 you will notice at 5:00 that when near the view point climbing it to top is the only option.. Thus maintaining the traditional parkour up.. Overall Big Thumbs Up
The graphic quality, is slightly better than unity.. Brighter colors.. I noticed that environment(like trees) has improved slighlty too
The animus room , character walking loading screen is back ... Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.. The most iconic part of the series Unity missed.. Thanks for bringing it back
Environment kills... and distraction... I see a lot of scope and interesting possibilities with this..
The Vehicles/Train interaction is lovely... suits the era... And makes traversing the city so much more easier.. Love this addition
In the twitch stream I heard the modern day is back... I am truly happy for this... Thanks a lot for bringing it back...Because what Makes AC great is the modern day plot with first civilization...

What I would love to know about and in dark.. What I hope for

The extent of interior navigation in game.. In the demo except the small room in rookery.. I see no other interiors...presented... There has been stories.. floating around of it being reduced...To be honest we dont need to enter every room , building in the game.. Atleast in places.. where it paves way for a escape route... In places where there is mission activities.. like the parliment.. I would love to be inside it.. And I hope it remains seemless as in Unity... Because that was a big step forward
There is no presentation on available customization so far.. except the kukri blade upgrade .. after gang is freed...Would hope that the customization options remain
So far all missions demoed have been gang wars /chase missions.. We would love to see a demo of a stealthy mission .. with maybe Evie..
The Story of the game.. the biggest drawback to me in Unity (personally).. I really hope it has more interesting characters in it
I am a PC user... No update on PC release date... I request it to be as close to the console release as possible

What I am not impressed with/Things that could be improved

The fighting is more brutal.. Yes.. But the animations are bit too fast .. gives it a unrealstic/cartoon feel.. To be honest it is not bad... I appreciate all the hard work.. but it is something that could be refined surely.. And this is my humble opinion...
The AI , as shown in the demo.. was particularly dumb.. They were waiting to be attacked in most cases.. It appeared easy..Maybe making the AI a bit more tougher and aggresive could make fights more planned and executed.. Thus improving the experience..

Overall I am very happy with what I have seen.. Cant wait to play it... and enjoy it... Unity was a great game.. mind you it did not have a great launch.. and story was not what a AC game could offer.. If Syndicate has a great launch and better story.. I am sure this can win... And I request the devs to take note of my humble views.. And as a great fan of the series.. look forward to more reveals ...

Toothless Spoon
06-20-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm actually really worried. I heard from a fan of the series, that got hands on and was on the floor that said the game was buggy as. It crashed on different systems multiple times amongst other things.

What I even noticed in the game-play trailer, was the game has the exact same pop-in issue with the clothes on the npcs with Unity. THIS is why I currently cant play AC:Unity - unless I walk everywhere, I'm constantly confronted by pop-in of clothes or entire npcs on my screen - then there's the terrible texture LOD of buildings that aren't even that far from the character.

I don't know why I continually get drawn in by these games, because they might try and fix some things, but then the patches dry up, and you are left with a semi-work game, because the next game is almost out. Ubisoft needs to take more time with these games, so they can actually be all they can be.

drgn-assassin4
06-20-2015, 04:23 PM
I am still excited for the new game in the series. Truthfully, there is a deep quality to the games and what the devs are trying to create. Hopefully not as buggy as Unity even though still a good game,
a glutton for the punishment I will be.
England will be a great city with all the history behind it. From what I watched of the trailer I see some hard actions I will have problems with. The combat system I can see where they have done some upgrading.
The plot with the siblings will be interesting to uncover through out.
Toothless, I do agree more time in between games would definitely iron out major issues when it gets to market.
A few other games I play only come out when they are ready. Even though there are some bug issues in them, so much is caught from taking time.
Maybe with the game Unity turned out, I do hope for better tidings with this developement.

RVSage
06-20-2015, 05:24 PM
I'm actually really worried. I heard from a fan of the series, that got hands on and was on the floor that said the game was buggy as. It crashed on different systems multiple times amongst other things.

What I even noticed in the game-play trailer, was the game has the exact same pop-in issue with the clothes on the npcs with Unity. THIS is why I currently cant play AC:Unity - unless I walk everywhere, I'm constantly confronted by pop-in of clothes or entire npcs on my screen - then there's the terrible texture LOD of buildings that aren't even that far from the character.

I don't know why I continually get drawn in by these games, because they might try and fix some things, but then the patches dry up, and you are left with a semi-work game, because the next game is almost out. Ubisoft needs to take more time with these games, so they can actually be all they can be.

Bugs and crashes were expected in alpha builds.. from what i heard.. it ran smooth as long as it did not crash.. Good that they spotted such issues.. By having the players test them.. Now they can go back and fix... with 4 months to go...That is the very point of this exercise player/ real world feedback.. More can be expected @Comic-Con / Gamescom... I am confident Syndicate will be a great game

Toothless Spoon
06-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Bugs and crashes were expected in alpha builds.. from what i heard.. it ran smooth as long as it did not crash.. Good that they spotted such issues.. By having the players test them.. Now they can go back and fix... with 4 months to go...That is the very point of this exercise player/ real world feedback.. More can be expected @Comic-Con / Gamescom... I am confident Syndicate will be a great game

I will say that this is it for me (even though I said it about the other games), but after seeing that pop-in in the video and that being one of my biggest problems(ensuring the game actually runs) - if the game still has that pop-in problem, then I'm done. The series for me has never reached its true potential, despite all the great time period influence and material.

ACE7492
06-21-2015, 04:35 PM

Unity was sold to us as a finished product full of bugs and crashes. This should not be forgotten. I get that people want this game to be good, but Ubisofts current track record must change for the better.

After Unity's release many people will be looking at this game and everything it is under a microscope. And they deserve it. With the amount of scrutiny they will be under, this game had better be bug free. Story, plots, and Characters, game worlds, missions, and quests are all subjective to the user. They will never please everyone, but I believe that every person who buys this game will expect one thing we should all be able to count on. IT HAS TO WORK. If it doesn't, I think it will be the end of this franchise for me and many more who think that they should stop releasing so fast and do better testing. The alpha footage I saw does not leave me feeling a lot of hope.

Toothless Spoon
06-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Unity was sold to us as a finished product full of bugs and crashes. This should not be forgotten. I get that people want this game to be good, but Ubisofts current track record must change for the better.

After Unity's release many people will be looking at this game and everything it is under a microscope. And they deserve it. With the amount of scrutiny they will be under, this game had better be bug free. Story, plots, and Characters, game worlds, missions, and quests are all subjective to the user. They will never please everyone, but I believe that every person who buys this game will expect one thing we should all be able to count on. IT HAS TO WORK. If it doesn't, I think it will be the end of this franchise for me and many more who think that they should stop releasing so fast and do better testing. The alpha footage I saw does not leave me feeling a lot of hope.

I also am not fooled by Ubisoft calling it 'alpha' footage. That's a PR trick to cover their *** if people see problems.

Treebsquire
06-22-2015, 04:05 PM
I just wish Ubisoft would stop trying to make as big a sanbox as possible then filling them with with loads of boring side quests, endless amounts of chests/collectables to find and towers to climb. We've been doing that same crap for years now and it's becoming more tedious and like a chore with every iteration. They should instead make a smaller, more focused sandbox with more interesting things to see, characters to meet and items to discover. Maybe I've just been spoiled with the greatness of Witcher 3 though :)

Doesn't suprise me about the glitches. In Unity, I still get SLI flickering and the occasional crash to this day. Based on those demo's and Unity, UBI just seems to be biting off more than it can chew, technically speaking anyway.

RVSage
06-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Tell me one game that it is not patched post release these days... Enough has been said about Unity... There were problems.. And post patches I had none of them... I actually finished the game post patch 1... Even bugs in "many cases" are subjective.. Not everyone gets to experience them..And half the people who have complained in the past have had configurations below minimal requirements... And driver support especially from AMD was really bad... So there are multiple parties at issue.. To Me... The series continues to excite.. me.. And I believe in Ubisoft developers...

ACE7492
06-22-2015, 10:49 PM
Tell me one game that it is not patched post release these days... Enough has been said about Unity... There were problems.. And post patches I had none of them... I actually finished the game post patch 1... Even bugs in "many cases" are subjective.. Not everyone gets to experience them..And half the people who have complained in the past have had configurations below minimal requirements... And driver support especially from AMD was really bad... So there are multiple parties at issue.. To Me... The series continues to excite.. me.. And I believe in Ubisoft developers...

I will certainly agree that many, if not almost all games need some patches after they are released. I hope that you can agree that while you may have had almost no problems with the game, others did have. I cant speak for anyone but myself, but Unity, or my copy, wasn't a finished game. I have videos of being stuck in a wall, people flying through the street, and through buildings, people falling from the sky, main character falling through the world, Hair and clothes flying around everywhere, quests that didn't complete, Main story objectives getting stuck, and lost save progress.

Currently my game has been greatly improved, it runs much better with sli, frame rates are steady, hair and clothes aren't jumping everywhere, people are not falling from the sky. I have not changed any of my hardware or software, so Ubi must have fixed some of it.. All I wanted is for that stuff to have been done properly BEFORE it was released. I think a lot of other people agree with me that games should be in proper working order before they are sold as finished product. The fact that it runs well now is proof it could have been done before release.

My opinions are only based on the fact that the game was not ready to be brought out and even Ubisoft on this very forum apologized for the overall lack of quality in this game. But that apology was a too little too late.Drivers and AMD support, should have been properly sorted out before the release. I am also a fan of this series, or I wouldn't even worry about what has gone wrong. I am also excited for the potential this game has, but it cannot be like the last version. They will be under enormous pressure to make this one right after faltering with Unity. So for me, you, or any fan of the series, we had better hope they are up to it.