PDA

View Full Version : Worried about the playstyle options.

Half-Hero
06-17-2015, 05:37 PM
So from what we know, which is very little, some of the available moves are 2 attacks, feint, block.

What worries me is how easy would block - attack combo be. Looking at UI it seems that you are told where does the hit come from and I'd like that removed. That way fake switching stances works better, as with good timing it can be a fluid motion.

Another thing is just simply being more passive than your enemy. Considering that you can block most hits it would be easier to wait for it. I'd assume there is some kind of vulnerability behind blocking. (since samurai "assassin" was stated to have weak defense). We need something that makes infinite blocking less viable. Examples are: finite block bar, block damage. There is block break though, but being limited in play style to just block attacking or block breaking would be awful.

Then again, it seems there are more aggressive play styles and i hope there is bigger difference between them, regardless of faction.

Sixty-nl
06-17-2015, 06:32 PM
in the video you saw them do a block breaker, so do not worry. they are definitely balancing things. Just by hearing how the talk about, they want it to be perfect.

SnorriUlversson
06-17-2015, 06:45 PM
in the video you saw them do a block breaker, so do not worry. they are definitely balancing things. Just by hearing how the talk about, they want it to be perfect.

Agree, the combat system seems good right now and probably will be something great once the game will be released