PDA

View Full Version : Heros! IGNs article.

Yugureki
06-17-2015, 11:02 AM
The final game will also feature specific named heroes with their own unique characteristics - you won’t always play as a nameless, personality-free warrior.

This is basically a thread asking who would YOU like to see as heroes for the fractions i'll start by listing mine who are historical by the way.

Samurai
Miyamoto Musashi
Sasaki Kojiro
Tomoe Gozen (Women were confirmed playable so I for one would LOVE for her to be added.)
Hattori Hanzo

Knights
Bertrand du Guesclin
Joan of Arc (I like the idea of having female heroes in the game)
William Marshal

Vikings
Freydis Eriksdottir (More females!)
Bjorn Ironside

Only two because I don't really know any.

But these are heroes i'd like to see be added, so what about you?

AbaddonWP
06-17-2015, 11:12 AM
As i see it, this is more of a fantasy game (I donīt recall feudal japanese warriors wandering the desert and calling themselves the chosen ones...)

Were they to include historical figures, there really is a lot to choose from. (Tokugawa Ieyasu, anyone?)

Yugureki
06-17-2015, 11:19 AM
As i see it, this is more of a fantasy game (I donīt recall feudal japanese warriors wandering the desert and calling themselves the chosen ones...)

Were they to include historical figures, there really is a lot to choose from. (Tokugawa Ieyasu, anyone?)
They're focusing on Historical settings based on the fractions who would prevail against each other.

They said it's not fantasy so you wouldn't expect like the Black Knight... well maybe he's just to cool to pass up.

(I donīt recall feudal japanese warriors wandering the desert and calling themselves the chosen ones...)

I also don't understand that part.
I assumed "The Chosen" was related to the fact Samurai had right by birth in society to brandish weapons be a armed force ect..
Also Hasekura Tsunenaga a Samurai went all over the world he was in Rome, Cuba, Spain, and France.

AbaddonWP
06-17-2015, 11:52 AM
I quote from the main For Honor page:
"The Chosen have survived a thousand years of wandering the southern deserts. This journey should have wiped them out centuries ago, but they have survived thanks to the skills and focus of their great heroes. These Heroes hope to lead their people to an impossible victory and establish a new homeland."

Thatīs what i meant. Doesnīt seem all that accurate, as far as history goes. (Then again, who cares?)

Yugureki
06-17-2015, 12:09 PM
I quote from the main For Honor page:
"The Chosen have survived a thousand years of wandering the southern deserts. This journey should have wiped them out centuries ago, but they have survived thanks to the skills and focus of their great heroes. These Heroes hope to lead their people to an impossible victory and establish a new homeland."

Thatīs what i meant. Doesnīt seem all that accurate, as far as history goes. (Then again, who cares?)

Wow! That's completely news to me I didn't even see this since when I signed up on the site it was broken.
Thanks for telling me about this.

I wasn't saying that the game is 100% fact or anything the game is clearly fiction but they've said they're keeping it in a Historical setting they have to make something up in order to have these Warrior Fractions to meet each other in battle but that doesn't mean that historical or legendary figures won't or can't be established in the game as heroes.

AbaddonWP
06-17-2015, 12:14 PM
True.
There might very well be "real" persons.
Weīll see soon enough :-)

SpaceElephant
06-17-2015, 08:16 PM
Hi guys, interesting discussion here. For Honor doesn't pretend to be a historical game, but more of a believable experience on the battlefield. Because Vikings, Knights and Samurais never really fought all together on the same land :) We have our own lore, and we'll tell you more about it in the future. Very cool to see which historical characters you would like to see in the game, will pass it to the devs for sure! And yes, we have female characters and they are pretty badass !! :)

Yugureki
06-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi guys, interesting discussion here. For Honor doesn't pretend to be a historical game, but more of a believable experience on the battlefield. Because Vikings, Knights and Samurais never really fought all together on the same land :) We have our own lore, and we'll tell you more about it in the future. Very cool to see which historical characters you would like to see in the game, will pass it to the devs for sure! And yes, we have female characters and they are pretty badass !! :)

That's something that interested me a lot, seeing these fractions go up against each other is exciting as they never actually did but to see the 'heroes' and names that stand out within these fractions fighting in battle is even more exciting.

Who would win?

I know the game will have their own set of fictional heroes but it would be pretty cool to see some historical characters make a appearance even if one or two.

Doctrinaire
06-18-2015, 03:09 AM
I hope it's historically accurate as for the the gear for the different factions, but I hope it's based on a fantasy story, not based on anything historical whatsoever.

Yugureki
06-18-2015, 04:50 AM
I hope it's historically accurate as for the the gear for the different factions, but I hope it's based on a fantasy story, not based on anything historical whatsoever.

Yup! They said they're keeping the gear historically accurate but the story on how these factions meet is fictional.

Erfa100
06-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Yup! They said they're keeping the gear historically accurate but the story on how these factions meet is fictional.

For one, they only released multiplayer and the game is very early in production so I suppose they're still working on the story mode.
I guess Ubisoft established a reputation of historical figures popping up with Assassin's Creed but the look of this game seems completely different; I think theyre more like to create new 'Heroes' with new names to represent these factions than to use historical ones. That also leaves them open to do whatever they wish with the story without being restrained by what historical figures could or could not do. (A possible survival mode where you fight off waves perhaps...)

Yugureki
06-18-2015, 10:37 AM
For one, they only released multiplayer and the game is very early in production so I suppose they're still working on the story mode.
I guess Ubisoft established a reputation of historical figures popping up with Assassin's Creed but the look of this game seems completely different; I think theyre more like to create new 'Heroes' with new names to represent these factions than to use historical ones. That also leaves them open to do whatever they wish with the story without being restrained by what historical figures could or could not do. (A possible survival mode where you fight off waves perhaps...)

I take it you didn't watch the Ubisoft Stream yesterday, they talked about the Campaign and how they're making their own lore for the game.
I never once thought of Assassin's Creed at all when I thought of making this Article and really would wish people would stop comparing bits and pieces of For Honor to it they're completely different at this point.

Adding a Historical Figure is not going to make it Assassin's Creed after all.
I mentioned in a previous post on this thread about them of course creating their own fictional heroes but i'd still enjoy actual historical heroes.

The game being fictional, and not historically accurate as a Viking never fought a Samurai ect. adding Historical Figures that distinguished themselves from the rest in the world would not hurt.

This is also a suggestion's thread, not a you're wrong thread. I'd like people to suggestion who they'd like to see IF the developers considered adding any historical figures the game is still in alpha after all so a lot can and will change.

Erfa100
06-18-2015, 10:41 AM
I take it you didn't watch the Ubisoft Stream yesterday, they talked about the Campaign and how they're making their own lore for the game.
I never once thought of Assassin's Creed at all when I thought of making this Article and really would wish people would stop comparing For Honor to it they're completely different at this point.

I mentioned in a previous post on this thread about them of course creating their own fictional heroes but i'd still enjoy actual historical heroes.

The game being fictional, and not historically accurate as a Viking never fought a Samurai ect. adding Historical Figures that distinguished themselves from the rest in the world would not hurt.

This is also a suggestion's thread, not a you're wrong thread. I'd like people to suggestion who they'd like to see IF the developers considered adding any historical figures the game is still in alpha after all so a lot can and will change.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see a famous name here and there. I just have a feeling the guy with the epic cane is more likely to create his own lore with new characters

Yugureki
06-18-2015, 06:43 PM
Don't get me wrong I would love to see a famous name here and there. I just have a feeling the guy with the epic cane is more likely to create his own lore with new characters

A couple people want to play as him.

MathiasCB
06-18-2015, 07:11 PM
I'd like a viking named Sven.

Yugureki
06-19-2015, 09:03 PM
I'd like a viking named Sven.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35200000/Sven-disney-frozen-35292627-960-427.jpg

MathiasCB
06-19-2015, 09:14 PM
Picture of Sven

Wish I had some cool comeback, I guess I'll just have to play as a moose. :rolleyes:

Yugureki
06-19-2015, 09:18 PM
Wish I had some cool comeback, I guess I'll just have to play as a moose. :rolleyes:

It's the only Sven I could think of! XD

MathiasCB
06-19-2015, 10:06 PM
It's the only Sven I could think of! XD

Well... might as well go with Oaken then!
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141020111130/disney/images/4/44/E4c2b69219aff77c6a081cd76f88db4a8dd139d9.jpg
Two-handed axe in hand.
''Hoo-hoo! Im coming for you!''

Lil edit: Just realized how scary this would be... "Slaying enemies one at a time with a great hoo-hoo smile!"

Kenji_Hattori
06-19-2015, 10:58 PM
This is basically a thread asking who would YOU like to see as heroes for the fractions i'll start by listing mine who are historical by the way.

Samurai
Miyamoto Musashi
Sasaki Kojiro
Tomoe Gozen (Women were confirmed playable so I for one would LOVE for her to be added.)
Hattori Hanzo

Knights
Bertrand du Guesclin
Joan of Arc (I like the idea of having female heroes in the game)
William Marshal

Vikings
Freydis Eriksdottir (More females!)
Bjorn Ironside

Only two because I don't really know any.

But these are heroes i'd like to see be added, so what about you?

If Hattori Hanzo is there i will flip my ****. Also with Miyamoto Musashi. I would not like to see Kojiro on the same side as Musashi though.

Kenji_Hattori
06-19-2015, 10:59 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141020111130/disney/images/4/44/E4c2b69219aff77c6a081cd76f88db4a8dd139d9.jpg
Two-handed axe in hand.

Lil edit: Just realized how scary this would be... "Slaying enemies one at a take with a great hoo-hoo smile!"

XD if he is there i might have to play Vikings lol. It would be so funny and i would say that all the time.

Yugureki
06-19-2015, 11:20 PM
If Hattori Hanzo is there i will flip my ****. Also with Miyamoto Musashi. I would not like to see Kojiro on the same side as Musashi though.

Like flip in a good way? o-o
I would love to see Sasaki in game with his Nodachi Monohoshizao and Tsubame Gaeshi as one of his feats.
He and Miyamoto were rivals and he was considered the most challenging opponent he faced.
With all the historical drama and stories circling these too it would be amazing to see them in this fictional setting as allies.

MathiasCB
06-19-2015, 11:43 PM
Would like to see Ragnar Lodbrok!
Maybe... Perhaps someone from the Jomsvikings...

Gunnar Hamundarson would work great as someone with dual wield, as he could fight equally with both hands.

Yugureki
06-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Would like to see Ragnar Lodbrok!
Maybe... Perhaps someone from the Jomsvikings...

Gunnar Hamundarson would work great as someone with dual wield, as he could fight equally with both hands.

Good idea!

Narnsil
06-24-2015, 12:40 AM
Yeah... I would like to see heroes, with aesthetic difference only or that horizontal gameplay difference that people talk about.

Yugureki
07-23-2015, 05:37 AM
Yeah... I would like to see heroes, with aesthetic difference only or that horizontal gameplay difference that people talk about.

Not really sure I followwhat you're saying.

Warphorntek
07-23-2015, 08:38 AM
Simple for me ... just add as many knights as possible :) and try give them different specialities.

CptSkyBear
07-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Two-handed axe in hand.

Lil edit: Just realized how scary this would be... "Slaying enemies one at a time with a great hoo-hoo smile!"

You're right and he's got that crazy look in his eyes.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ce/06/ff/ce06ffaa93142032b1c46ec40194a5fb.jpg

premiumart
07-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Since they created lore for a world where knights, vikings and samurai could meet up i would bet they would create (if at all) Heroes that very reminiscent of historical figures with different names and background story that fits the world. This would be a cool opportunity to create lore of the first contacts of the Three main factions and of interaction between these factions aswell.

It would be cool to see Heroes that have changed sides or try to use diplomacy in the single player campaign.