PDA

View Full Version : Online Campaigns

TacticalSkirmsh
03-26-2004, 06:07 AM
I have been looking forward to the online campaign mode (and future user-created ones) since I first heard about it. This will, in my opinion, provide for even more realistic/immersive WW-2 flight combat then ever before.

Our squad is just getting underway with this new feature, and I just "opened" it up last night offline.

First off, this actually appears to be adaptable to the offline single player, as the AI will automatically fly all the other planes.

So for those who thought AEP was lacking for the offliner, perhaps in addition to everything else (i.e., new planes, new missions, a couple new offline campaigns, graphical improvements, and game engine improvements), you can also take advantage of this feature also.

I have yet to spend any real time playing it. Could someone who has indicate whether the online campaign awards medals like the offline campaign does? I understand it keeps a record of individual pilots. If not, this is too bad as it would have added a little more realism/immersion into the campaign.

Regards,
TactS!

"Speed is life." (Israeli Tactics Manual)

:FI:TacticalS!

TacticalSkirmsh
03-26-2004, 06:07 AM
I have been looking forward to the online campaign mode (and future user-created ones) since I first heard about it. This will, in my opinion, provide for even more realistic/immersive WW-2 flight combat then ever before.

Our squad is just getting underway with this new feature, and I just "opened" it up last night offline.

First off, this actually appears to be adaptable to the offline single player, as the AI will automatically fly all the other planes.

So for those who thought AEP was lacking for the offliner, perhaps in addition to everything else (i.e., new planes, new missions, a couple new offline campaigns, graphical improvements, and game engine improvements), you can also take advantage of this feature also.

I have yet to spend any real time playing it. Could someone who has indicate whether the online campaign awards medals like the offline campaign does? I understand it keeps a record of individual pilots. If not, this is too bad as it would have added a little more realism/immersion into the campaign.

Regards,
TactS!

"Speed is life." (Israeli Tactics Manual)

:FI:TacticalS!