PDA

View Full Version : DLC Factions

IrishAries
06-17-2015, 08:19 AM
We all know they will add factions in the future. I honestly wouldn't care the least bit. It would add diversity and freshness when the original get stale. Thoughts?

Yugureki
06-17-2015, 08:34 AM
We all know they will add factions in the future. I honestly wouldn't care the least bit. It would add diversity and freshness when the original get stale. Thoughts?

It's honestly to soon to tell if they will but five that i'd love to see would be Mamluks, Mongols, Romans, Scythian*, and Assyrians*

IrishAries
06-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Yea those three would be epic. I would definitely love Romans, Spartans, Gladiators, and maybe the Persians. Lot's of variety for hero units. I love antiquity lol

Sixty-nl
06-17-2015, 09:18 AM
What i would like to see are the Musketeers, with Rapier Fencing. All for one, and one for all!

Though Spartans and Persians are awesome as well, Gladiator would give an awesome map, thinking of the movie.

There are so many options and they need to first get the basic finished and don't try to do too much. Otherwise other area's might be less awesome. Sequels are good for improving and adding as well.

Serdones
06-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind additional factions down the line. I like the suggestions already given. Maybe they could go crazy someday and add a high fantasy or sci-fi faction, but I'd prefer they stay within the realm of historically-inspired (but not necessarily accurate) factions.

Sixty-nl
06-17-2015, 10:24 AM
for sci fi they could always make a spin-off game, but first let them finish this game. I thought of a new faction, thanks to an other post. Assassin's Creed Faction, would have awesome execute animations.

Yugureki
06-17-2015, 10:28 AM
for sci fi they could always make a spin-off game, but first let them finish this game. I thought of a new faction, thanks to an other post. Assassin's Creed Faction, would have awesome execute animations.

Or even a standalone expansion rather than a full game.

Sixty-nl
06-17-2015, 10:33 AM
Or even a standalone expansion rather than a full game.

That it would be Assassin's vs Templars, they already have the knights xD

not a bad idea Yugureki.

SnorriUlversson
06-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Celtic Warriors and Spartans...'nuff said

KushandPizza
06-17-2015, 04:46 PM
Zulu, Aztecs, Ottomans or Mongols would be really something different. Spartans are so cliche imo.

shyWolverine
06-17-2015, 10:03 PM
I would love to see a Spanish or French fencing faction, like an expedition or something. They probably want to keep it based in the Middle ages though so maybe warrior monks or Arabian knights could be interesting.

Jabberwockxeno
06-17-2015, 11:27 PM
As I said in another thread, there's already 2 European factions so I wouldn't want hoplites/spartans or roman legionaries.

Something middle eastern/Arabic or west Asian such as the Ottomans or Mughals would be great, and I'd really love something along the lines of the Aztecs or Mayans represneitng Precolumbian mesoamerica.

Doctrinaire
06-18-2015, 02:25 AM
perhaps the Amazonian women warriors. ;)

IamCrumbz
06-18-2015, 10:09 AM
It's honestly to soon to tell if they will but five that i'd love to see would be Mamluks, Mongols, Romans, Scythian*, and Assyrians*

Agreed

Fatal-Feit
06-18-2015, 03:08 PM
That it would be Assassin's vs Templars, they already have the knights xD

not a bad idea Yugureki.

I don't see any chance of them becoming an actual faction, but I can totally bet my money on an Assassin's Creed themed (cosmetic) DLC. i.e Assassin outfits for Samurai Assassins and Templar armor for the Knights

dany3811
06-18-2015, 09:07 PM
I know its easy to get excited and start coming up with all sorts of possible DLC ideas (even though the game doesnt come out till next year for god's sake lol) but the problem is that "ancient" warfare is entirely different then "medieval" warfare, and the warriors of the separate eras hence are radically different. There is no mistake that all the factions so far (vikings, knights, and samurai) are all part of the medieval age give or take a 100 years. From what we are told the factions I believe will have no less then 4 classes, now coming up with 4 different warriors each with their own weapons is quite easy given these three cultures we have, everything from longswords to a nagitara. However, when you start tying to include say...Spartans, then we have a problem, a nation such as Sparta had only one unit type and thats it, no possibility of 4 classes. Same thing goes to horse factions,this game obviously wont have horses so thats out of the picture. the only faction that maybe can fit is a Celtic one. even Romans do not have the versatility of creating 4 classes, unless you throw the history book out the window and replace it with serious creativity (witch im entirely good with) then it can happen. All in all the team knows what they are doing and these three band of warriors are the best match ups history can offer.

Mentioned this is a similar thread, I think it still can apply. Now considering this is technically a "fantasy" type game (I believe) there still is reason to assume they will use a historic faction and add flavor to it so it can compete (my hope) but honestly I think these three could very well be all we get.

CaesarVI00
06-18-2015, 11:00 PM
While I think using the Aztecs, Zulus, Spartan and Persian could be great, I just don't think they could be as fun to play. These three factions, these three warrior classes in general, had various weapons and distinct martial styles they used on the battle field that made them formidable. The Vikings have the Dane Axe, the battle axes, shield and sword. The Knight has the halberd, the shield and sword and the greatsword. And the samurai has the katana, of course, the naginata, and even the tetsubo. These weapons and the masters each class had over them, is what made these warriors able to just destroy any and all enemies that came against them.

One class I think should be used, not only for its mastery of warfare and it varied weapon styles, but also for its history, training and culture that has gotten as much press as it deserves. The Rajput, the warrior sons of kings, and elite warrior knight of Northern India. Their martial arts style is what laid out the foundations of Chinese kung fu, and for centuries they repelled some of the worlds most powerful empires, such a Rome, Persia and even the Mongols. And their mastery of the various weapons and their disposal is what puts them on par with the Knights, Vikings and Samurai. The Khanda sword, katar daggers, bhuj axe, and many, many more. This warrior class has not gotten the amount of limelight or notoriety that is deserves, and I think it would be awesome to see the Rajput going toe-to-toe with the other elite warriors of the world.

guest-7Ayf99Z5
06-21-2015, 02:32 AM
You can use a faction from the annals of history and simply give him more weapons and styles. You people take this "realism" thing to far. We already have the samurais in the game rolling over their opponent's backs like this is a Bruce Lee movie, that would never happen in an actual duel. But it's stylistic and cool.

If Zulu or Spartans are too simplistic in terms of armor/weapons, then the devs can invent more. Simple.

B4UN3
11-14-2015, 04:38 PM
The thought of dlc content is already going crazy in my head, but honestly i would be fine with only the three factions coming out at first launch, until they have perfected the basics of the game as much as they can off course. I would be so sad if they are concentrating on quantity before quality.

but factions i would love to see later on: Romans, Musketeers, mongolians, Persian knights/ some other middle-eastern knight/fighter of a kind, and last a Aztec warrior.

Skull_King_G.
07-16-2016, 06:35 PM
i just checked out this game for the first time and was really disappointed by not finding either the Spartans or Romans are playable. at leas one of them is a must. i'm extreamely surprised something as random as samurais against kinghts and vikings (!?) made it in to the game but niether spartans or roman legionarys made it. i mean the gladiator anyone? 300? God of war? Ryse son of Rome? they really added samurais and vikings but didn't think about the far more popular Spartans or Romans as a faction for THIS kind of game? meh

Skull_King_G.
07-16-2016, 06:40 PM
I know its easy to get excited and start coming up with all sorts of possible DLC ideas (even though the game doesnt come out till next year for god's sake lol) but the problem is that "ancient" warfare is entirely different then "medieval" warfare, and the warriors of the separate eras hence are radically different. There is no mistake that all the factions so far (vikings, knights, and samurai) are all part of the medieval age give or take a 100 years. From what we are told the factions I believe will have no less then 4 classes, now coming up with 4 different warriors each with their own weapons is quite easy given these three cultures we have, everything from longswords to a nagitara. However, when you start tying to include say...Spartans, then we have a problem, a nation such as Sparta had only one unit type and thats it, no possibility of 4 classes. Same thing goes to horse factions,this game obviously wont have horses so thats out of the picture. the only faction that maybe can fit is a Celtic one. even Romans do not have the versatility of creating 4 classes, unless you throw the history book out the window and replace it with serious creativity (witch im entirely good with) then it can happen. All in all the team knows what they are doing and these three band of warriors are the best match ups history can offer.

Mentioned this is a similar thread, I think it still can apply. Now considering this is technically a "fantasy" type game (I believe) there still is reason to assume they will use a historic faction and add flavor to it so it can compete (my hope) but honestly I think these three could very well be all we get.

i compleately desagree. if by romans you mean only Legion romans, than yes, not much diversity but if you add say something like gladiators ( wich would totally fit in the Roman Theme) than you could potentially add WAY more than 4 classes. gladiators used an incredibly expanded rooster of weapons, including nets.

you might be right with the Spartans tough

RagingPandaXW
08-18-2016, 10:10 PM
I would love to see a Chinese Faction inspired by Romance of Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors. They can use some famous weapons like Guan Yu's Blade, Lu Bu's Sky Scorcher, etc.

Voidrek
08-18-2016, 11:12 PM
I would love to see a Chinese Faction inspired by Romance of Three Kingdoms/Dynasty Warriors. They can use some famous weapons like Guan Yu's Blade, Lu Bu's Sky Scorcher, etc.

As long as we get Guan Yu's glorious beard as a customization option, I would be down, heh. But yeah, even though I hate the way Koei has milked the hell out of Dynasty Warriors, I have always been a fan of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and it's cast of characters.

Having a class that utilized those heavy club-like weapons that Taishi Ci uses in DW would be pretty cool. Not sure what those are called, but I remember it being used in the Ziyi Zhang vs. Michelle Yeoh fight from Crouching Tiger as well.

yote224
08-19-2016, 02:56 AM
I think I mentioned it on Reddit but I've seen this discussion quite a few times so I'll summarize.

Throw the historically influenced fantasy out the window.
Give me futuristic dystopian human rebels, mechs, and aliens and melee weapons.
This would be able to facilitate a larger character roster as you aren't restricted by history (people would scoff if your Vikings get kusarigamas but humans as a whole it wouldn't raise an eyebrow) and you now aren't rooted to the realms of reality. Mechs could use destabilizer boxing glove-like weapons for instance and would look vastly different from humans. Aliens could have an array of natural weapons; claws, tails, maw, strange appendages. These aliens could range from bipedal to quadrupedal, to shambling masses of who-knows-what. Just keep it melee only.

ZenBearV13
08-19-2016, 03:26 AM
I would totally be down for a Chinese faction! For that matter, the next Dynasty Warriors should be made with the Art of Battle system. It would fit the game perfectly! Mooks for mowing down, Heroes to duel, change Revenge Mode to Musou Mode and make it a special attack, etc.

k.buengener
09-23-2016, 01:47 AM
I am definitely for a Chinese Dynasty and Persian faction.

Father_Giliam
09-23-2016, 08:54 AM
You might be right with the Spartans though

Spartans wouldnt be hard to come up with classes for, I can think of 3 right off the bat. Xiphos and shield, Dory, Dual Kopis. While in reality each weapon was paired with a shield, this game doesn't strictly conform to realism so all would be viable.

Honorhound01
09-23-2016, 09:46 AM
I had an idea for Apollyon, she should have followers and there is potential for added weapons and characters.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1489637-quot-Heroes-Champions-quot-of-Apollyon

Arabian knights would be good. Maybe the Moors or Janissarys. However, my top vote would be for the Mongols.

HitMan00
09-23-2016, 04:06 PM
THE SPARTANS would be a good choice (they could add Kratos for ps4)

Angry Ari 1
09-23-2016, 08:10 PM
To try and keep up with the Medeivel-esque time period, I figure they might put in Persian and/or Indian warriors. Would be pretty cool if they added in Celts and Chinese warriors though, in my opinion.

mikep999
09-23-2016, 10:21 PM
Zulu, Aztecs, Ottomans or Mongols would be really something different. Spartans are so cliche imo.

I'm with you. Forget the Spartans or any resemblance to the movies Gladiator or 300.

Your suggestions would be a fresh change.

Dienekes12
09-24-2016, 05:28 PM
The biggest problem with the Spartans isn't getting all 4 classes, that's actually pretty easy:

Assassin: Kryptes (Spartan assassins / secret police maybe give a kopis or kopis and xiphos)
Vanguard: Perioeci (the allies or soldiers not from Sparta-proper used as light troops, maybe give just a spear)
Heavy: Homoioi (Shield and xiphos)
Hybrid: Spartiate (Your normal spear and shield generic Spartan)

The far bigger problem is that all of these classes are kind of already in the game. For Honor has gone to some lengths to make every class have a very distinct weapon set.

The closest a class gets to copying the weapons of a different class are the Orochi, Kensei, and Warden. All of which use two-handed swords (though the Orochi can wield his one-handed briefly). But even in this each of those weapons is designed to look very different from each other and from the other weapons used in their class type. The Orochi katana is very different to the sword and dagger of the Peacekeeper, or the two axes of the Berserker. The same with the Vanguards, the Dane Axe, Longsword, and Odachi all look and move very differently.

But the Spartans primarily core soldiers have shield and spear (already implemented with the Valkyrie), and shield and sword (already done with the Warlord). I just don't see them adding such similar classes.

Unfortunately, I see that stopping a lot of potential further factions. Maybe the Romans with their big scutum shields are visually distinct enough to get in when compared to the Warlord. But a lot of others have their most recognizable weapons already in the game in some way.

In any case, I'm intrigued to see what they'll do and who (if anyone) they'll add.

King_of_Ricers
09-24-2016, 08:49 PM

Lol I knew there would be at least one srmart *** like this guy right here. How does the timeline matter? This game is a history themed fantasy game, all the playable characters have fantasy armors/weapons, nothing is 100% authentic. They can add in future soldiers too if they want to, as long as they have melee weps and armor it's not like it's going to ruin the immersion drastically.....

Funny how a simple suggestion thread can already derail on page 2, haha!

ArtieDayne
09-24-2016, 09:02 PM
The biggest problem with the Spartans isn't getting all 4 classes, that's actually pretty easy:

Assassin: Kryptes (Spartan assassins / secret police maybe give a kopis or kopis and xiphos)
Vanguard: Perioeci (the allies or soldiers not from Sparta-proper used as light troops, maybe give just a spear)
Heavy: Homoioi (Shield and xiphos)
Hybrid: Spartiate (Your normal spear and shield generic Spartan)

The far bigger problem is that all of these classes are kind of already in the game. For Honor has gone to some lengths to make every class have a very distinct weapon set.

The closest a class gets to copying the weapons of a different class are the Orochi, Kensei, and Warden. All of which use two-handed swords (though the Orochi can wield his one-handed briefly). But even in this each of those weapons is designed to look very different from each other and from the other weapons used in their class type. The Orochi katana is very different to the sword and dagger of the Peacekeeper, or the two axes of the Berserker. The same with the Vanguards, the Dane Axe, Longsword, and Odachi all look and move very differently.

But the Spartans primarily core soldiers have shield and spear (already implemented with the Valkyrie), and shield and sword (already done with the Warlord). I just don't see them adding such similar classes.

Unfortunately, I see that stopping a lot of potential further factions. Maybe the Romans with their big scutum shields are visually distinct enough to get in when compared to the Warlord. But a lot of others have their most recognizable weapons already in the game in some way.

In any case, I'm intrigued to see what they'll do and who (if anyone) they'll add.

This has been on my mind whenever I see threads like this talking about other factions. If they are going to include new factions, I think they are going to go to some lengths to be sure that they are unique. I think that will be a bit difficult to do though when the 12 classes that are in the game will provide a pretty wide variety of options. I think a fencing/rapier class could be interesting. Anything with ranged abilities is probably out. Yeah, I'm not sure how you add new factions while maintaining that they play in a unique way. I guess you could do something a bit like Street Fighter where you have shotokan characters (Ryu, Akuma, Ken, Gouken) that have very similar movesets but the actual frame data dictates that they are played differently. So you could introduce new characters but change their animations, and their health values to change up how they are played.

King_of_Ricers
09-24-2016, 09:55 PM

I'm with you. Forget the Spartans or any resemblance to the movies Gladiator or 300.

Your suggestions would be a fresh change.

You people consider spartans and gladiators cliché because of two movies? Understandable that 300 with its ****ty cgi and cheesy acting might have ruined the image of hoplites, but why hate gladiators? Sure, the Gladiator movie had a couple of ridiculous outfits and scenes with abysmal attention to historical accuracy, but overall a good movie.

Sinbe_hehe
09-25-2016, 07:47 AM
Many suggestions like Romans or Spartans etc. makes no sense. Remember that the game has a single player and new factions must respect the game's lore, so new factions must be from medieval 10th-15th century period.
The mongols is ok, but it's hard to imagine them without horses and bows.

The best option is a middle-eastern faction, maybe call it the Saracens.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Saladin_and_Guy.jpg

ZechsMarquizy
09-25-2016, 09:30 AM
coming up with 4 different warriors each with their own weapons is quite easy given these three cultures we have, everything from longswords to a nagitara. However, when you start tying to include say...Spartans, then we have a problem, a nation such as Sparta had only one unit type and thats it, no possibility of 4 classes.

Sparta was just a very very Very small part of Greece, But adding Greece/Greeks as a faction is not out of the question, All of Greece was vast and there armies although separated in various kingdoms were a force to be reckoned with imo, also Thrace / Thracian's, Romans, so many different factions they can bring in 1 can only hope for more epic warriors rite? lol

yote224
09-25-2016, 12:12 PM
I think outside the box and try to imagine other triangular conflicts.

Throw the historically influenced fantasy out the window.
Give me futuristic dystopian human rebels, mechs, and aliens and melee weapons.
This would be able to facilitate a larger character roster as you aren't restricted by history (people would scoff if your Vikings get kusarigamas but humans as a whole it wouldn't raise an eyebrow) and you now aren't rooted to the realms of reality. Mechs could use destabilizer boxing glove-like weapons for instance and would look vastly different from humans. Aliens could have an array of natural weapons; claws, tails, maw, strange appendages. These aliens could range from bipedal to quadrupedal, to shambling masses of who-knows-what. Just keep it melee only.

Why stop with sci-fi? Go the tried and true human vs werewolf vs vampire route. Imagine the possibilities there! Feats could be asilver bullet and holy water coatings, gaseous forms and mind control, the ability to feed off of corpses, all kinds of stuff.

EDIT: sorry. I wouldn't suggest these being factions in For Honor but maybe if the game spawned it's own formula for future games these could be separate conflicts.

Dienekes12
09-26-2016, 12:18 AM
Well, the one advantage that For Honor has, in the repetition of weapons department is that everyone essentially has the same 8 or so moves (light/heavy attack all sides, ward, and guardbreak) all of which are just the same thing at various speeds, distances, and damages. The real core differences are in the combos and bonuses that each class has. The Warden's double light attack thing, Orochi's counter, and Raider's tackle for example. In theory, you can make every spear and shield character play differently by giving them differing special abilities, so long as those abilities maintain the distinct and visceral feel as the ones they currently have.

So it's possible to get them, I just still think it's unlikely because of the whole visual clarity thing. And there are still a lot of weapons that haven't been put in the game. We just need a faction that has 4 such weapons, which isn't hard exactly. But it does kind of force them to ignore a lot of pretty core weapons. Like I said, pick an army throughout history and the key weapons are almost always shield and spear, or some very similar variation.

guest-3vYY1FqF
09-26-2016, 04:39 AM
I think that we should have an Indonesain faction. It'd be cool because you could have a agressive, fast-hitting class with the karambit and a heavy hitting class with an Indonesian scythe. I'm sure there could be more classes made out of it too

ermukanso87
09-27-2016, 06:31 PM
Many suggestions like Romans or Spartans etc. makes no sense. Remember that the game has a single player and new factions must respect the game's lore, so new factions must be from medieval 10th-15th century period.
The mongols is ok, but it's hard to imagine them without horses and bows.

The best option is a middle-eastern faction, maybe call it the Saracens.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e3/Saladin_and_Guy.jpg

always the best option and the most logical for the game story
That is just my opinion

Now the capricious cry when the game does not throw his Spartan or Roman ones

WinterHt
09-28-2016, 10:23 AM
I think we're fantasizing a bit prematurely for additional factions.

I think it is a real possibility, that there may not, (and likely will not) be any additional factions. These 3 are easily the most iconic warrior legacies that span from early to late medieval era, and are fairly enough infact. We may however, get additional heroes per faction Like an additional Vanguard, or a Hybrid, or may be even whole new classes.

There are more things to potentially add from these 3 factions. Samurai may have Ashigaru armed with a Yari as a hybrid, or a dual vielding duellist, with a daisho pair of Katana + Wakizashi but without any real armour, as an alternative assassin. Knights, man oh man, so many possibilities.

I personally would like to see another longsword character, perhaps with less armour like a brigandine, called a Duellist or Freifechter, using a more slender longsword, with a move set / style modeled to true versatilety and agility of that weapon, but with less durability than Warden, and may be also less class versatilety to differentiate it. There can be Landsknecht with two handed greatswords, any number of interesting and weird polearms, a Messer wielding character may be (an agile weapon with lots of counter attacking and also some joint locking tecniques in it's style), may be a sword and buckler character. Many possibilities. Finally there are maces etc, I'm not a fan of blunt weapons but they have their place, and fans, so there may be some options there too.

When it comes to Vikings, it may be a little harder to find more heroes to add, but there certainly are some other weapons, seax, a kind of large knife / dagger, and langsax, a short sword sized version of it. There may also be classic viking with shield and axe, but we already have classic viking with sword and shield, so would probably be rather redundant. May be a spear character fighting without shield, to differentiate from Valkyrie. May be also another viking with a bardiche type axe, which is a later period, but seem to have used by Varangian Guard of Byzantine emperors. Varangian Guard were kinda high medieval era vikings anyway, so wouldn't be too much of a stretch. Bardiche being a hybrid of an axe and a polearm, such a character could be an interesting alternative hybrid.

So, what I basically want to say is, there actually is expansion potential with existing factions too, and this would likely require much less story wrangling, and research on development team.

However, I will admit playing the game of thinking of additional factions is great fun! So I will indulge a bit myself.

Regarding whole Spartan thing, I think it is much better to have a faction that group together various warriors of antiquity in itself. Having distinct heroes from those eras would be easier this way.
- The heavy for that faction would be the Roman Legionary. Lorica segmentata as his armour, big scutum shield in one hand, and the gladius in other hand, hopefully the wasp waisted Mainz gladius type.
- Vanguard may be a Thracian warrior with Rhomphaia. It is a slightly inwards curving, or sometimes straight, single edged, two handed weapon, that is a cross between a polearm and early proto-two handed sword. Give the warrior a treatment of maille or scale armour and large, fearsome and formidable Rhomphaia with sweeping, cleaving strikes, and you have a winner for antiquity inspired Vanguard.
- Assassin : May either be a crazy Celtic / Gaulish / Germanic warrior without armour but with a longer sword or may be axe. Alternatively, it may be any of Roman Gladiators, but, I think Gladiators can be a faction themselves, more on that later. Since game likes to go wild with dual wielding whether it has hisorically been a thing or not, we may also have an Iberian warrior wielding dual falcatas instead of a falcata + shield. Falcata is one of my favorite ancient / classical era swords, and I'd love seeing it represented in game if additional factions will be a thing.
- Hybrid : Here we can have the classical Hoplite / Phalangite with a long spear and large-ish shield. You may as well make him a Spartan too.

Now, back to Gladiators I have mentioned above. There are so many types of Gladiators with unique equipment and fighting styles, they can become a faction themselves. It can make a little historical sense even, as there have been various gladiator uprisings, most famously the Spartacus' one. Though, when they rebelled, they have ditched gladiatorial gear and looted real soldier equipment instead, but hey, For Honor is historical fantasy afterall, so it can be ok to have gladiators fighting a war with gladiatorial gear too may be?
- Retiarius : This guy fought with a triden (a spear with three pointy bits, Poseidon or Maserati brand logo kinda stuff), and also a big net with weights tied to it's ends. He was very lightly armoured, pretty close to unarmoured actually, aside from a really large pauldron that also cover his face, but only on one shoulder, the one facing the enemy. Net throw could be a long ranged guard break, but character would need to retrieve the net, so it would be an unspammable, but long ranged guardbreak. Retiarius would be a Hybrid.
- Murmillo : This is the standart gladiator image one thinks of. He is quite well armoured for a gladiator, with a gigantic full helm, scutum shield, "manica" guarding entirety of sword arm, and some greaves too. Also, I think a pauldron on one of shoulders but not sure. Weapon is the Gladius. Murmillo would probably the Heavy.
- Thrax : Modeling Thracian warriors, this too is a sword & shield gladiator, but is lighter than Murmillo. Somewhat less well armored, has a smaller and different looking shield, and his weapon is a sica, a reverse curved short sword. May be a Vanguard.
- Scissor : not sure whether to call this one heavy or assassin but, for sake of gameplay he can be made the assassin. Gladius in one hand, and other arm is encased inside a metal tube, which has a semi circular sharp blade at it's end as a second weapon. He also has a fully enclosed helm. Since this guy doesn't have a shield due to having two weapons, and both his weapons are of short range, this class is the only gladiator type that was allowed to wear a torso armor in form of a scale suit. But we already have "kinda sorta armoured assassins" so he would work as an assassin I'd say.

If we get back to medieval era now... Well in my opinion only interesting faction to add from medieval era would be China. They have many interesting sorts of weaponry, nice looking armour, are also an iconic warrior culture, and would bring some variety indeed. They even have weird-*** weapons for some annoying assassin classes like hook swords, butterfly blades, meteor hammers, you see even the names are outlandish :). They also have some proper brutal or agile weapons. Jian as an agile straight double edged sword, kinda reminds European swords but handles rather differently. Many types of Dao sabers, some brutal chopper, some are agile finesse weapons. Guandao, a polearm that is scarier than a naginata if you'd ask me. Dadao, a two handed but relatively short, brutal chopper weapon. Various types of halberds and other polearms etc etc. Chinese martial culture is fairly rich and iconic.

Middle East rooted factions are being pitched by people too. But honestly, I don't think they are as good options for a few reasons. They are just not as iconic. Weapons and tactics, if we look at melee department on which the game focus, are really not that different from European ones for most part. Majority of time, Arabian warriors actually fought with swords that are straight and double edged like the European ones, curved ones are actually fairly late weapons. If we look Ottoman armies, what set them apart was cavalry and archery. There are many archery treatises and manuals and people still actively and successfuly practice traditional archery in Turkey, but there is just about nothing, no material what so ever about martial arts detailing use of melee weapons of Ottoman Empire. Melee infantry was, usually either sword & shield (sword being kilij, a curved blade), or heavy infantry with a halberd that just looks somewhat different from European halberd but functions fairly similar in all likeliness. May be only factor that can differentiate is, axes seem to be used just a little bit more often as a weapon in Middle East than Europe. In the end of the day, they just don't have the iconic popularity of Vikings, Knights or Samurai. Before someone accuse me of saying these due to some sort of racism or jingoism, favoritism, or whatever, let me say that I am from Turkey myself actually. But if you look at it from a historical perspective, and if you want the most iconic melee oriented warriors, Middle Eastern ones do not quite make it to upper parts of that list, nor do they provide particularly unique weaponry, or fighting styles compared to what we have. Also, unlike Japanese or Europen ones, there aren't much living martial arts about use of Arabian or Turkish swords in a martial context.

May be India would be better for providing variety as they have some weird-*** melee weapons like punch daggers aaand even punch-swords, as well as other types of both straight and curvy swords, maces etc. So they would definitely be somewhat unique, but, I am not sure if they would make the iconicness cut for most people. Also unlike most Middle East ones, there are living martial traditions regarding use of melee weaponry from this culture, even if they have become less martial and more ceremonial-ish in time.

Mongolia, also primarily a cavalry AND archer force, not fitting with game's infantry melee focus. Aztecs etc. oh please no... no metal weapons, no armour at all etc, I personally would not like seeing them in this game, not even one bit.

Skull_King_G.
01-06-2017, 10:14 PM
always the best option and the most logical for the game story
That is just my opinion

Now the capricious cry when the game does not throw his Spartan or Roman ones

hm nice reasoning, now for MY opinion, how about the good old "i will not purchase ANY dlc faction at all if Romans or Spartans are not one of the options?" wanna bet it will not be us "capricious" the ones to cry if they are not added, but ubisoft who will have problems selling those Dlcs, since the vast majority of people in the forums around the internet about this game demand for romans or greeks to be in, the most?

no arabs army thank you,who would spend money and time to create such ******** usless faction anyway, eww.

SOLID-FAISAL
01-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Yeah I totally agree with the islamic faction or as u guys say, Middle-Eastern Faction well Saladin and other great warriors in the middle eastern well the Arab community is very excited about this game i can tell u the hype is real :D , and i hope we see it very soon its the perfect fit also with other great factions Romans, Spartans, Gladiators.

AlmightyWarlock
01-07-2017, 12:13 AM
It'd be pretty killer to see Rajput warriors, those guys had some seriously wicked style to their warfare.

GenFeelGood
01-07-2017, 03:35 AM
Persian Immortals and one of the African tribes would be nice.

Kradle_31
01-07-2017, 04:03 AM
I don't think they will add many new factions. At max I think it would be 2. I think dlc will mostly be surrounding new classes for each faction. I think it could be handled in a similar way MOBAs release new champions. Add one at a time so they have time to flesh the new class out and make sure everything is balanced before adding too many new classes at the same time causing game to become way too unbalanced and unplayable.

Novobarrel
01-07-2017, 08:12 PM
For Honor is sorely missing a middle eastern-inspired faction. We've got the feudal west, the feudal far east, but not the historical link between western and eastern medieval worlds? When people imagine medieval times, they also often think about the crusades and who served as the iconic rivals to the western "Frankish" knights? Who else but the "Saracens" of the middle east? When we think these medieval rivals we often picture people like Saladin, the pirate admiral Barbarossa, Mehmed the conqueror. We imagine the Caliphates like the Abbasids and the Fatimids, and also peoples like the Moors, the Turks, the Persians, etc. There's definitely a lot to choose from in terms of warriors too- Ghazis, Ghilman, Mamlukes, Sipahis, etc. What should be represented? What should we pick for inspiration?

My suggestion would be the Janissary Corps of the Ottoman Empire (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janissaries)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/fa/74/ff/fa74ffba370cac4b7373bb9264a742b3.jpg

- They fill the iconic middle eastern gap in our selection of factions.
- They are a distinctive and unique warrior group and culture.
- They primarily fought as elite infantry- an important feature with For Honor's focus on foot-based melee combat
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8a/43/de/8a43dedef72558e0b2f6c66825f87f6e.jpg
- The Ottoman Empire covered a huge and diverse area- Turkey, the Levant, Iraq, Egypt, North Africa, the Balkans, etc- you can give them elements and equipment from throughout the middle east. For example, if the historical Janissaries don't have an assassin-class per se, you could just give their Ottoman-inspired faction a Hashashin hero.
- Janissaries used a wide array of weaponry like sabers, axes, shields, clubs/maces, recurve bows, halberds, bombs, and firearms. In terms of armor its mostly chain mail and segmented plate mail but more types can be found in the diverse Ottoman Empire. This should provide more than enough variety for 4 hero classes- Vanguard, Heavy, Assassin, and Hybrid.
https://web.wpi.edu/academics/me/IMDC/IQP%20Website/EuropeFiles/MedievalFiles/MedOttomanEmpireFiles/OttomanEmpire_clip_image012.jpg
- They would be thematically interesting. Janissaries are a product of the late Middle Ages and are kinda like a transition from Medieval armies' coalitions of feudal warriors to the standing professional armies of the Modern Period. They were also one of the first professional firearm units.
http://www.warlordgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Janissaries-artwork-600x404.jpg
Thus if Apollyon's pursuit of eternal feudal war signifies division, stagnation, and even regression; the introduction of a Janissary Ottoman faction could represent the brutal progress and centralization of imperialism (which is also convenient if you don't want the religious warfare element strongly associated with conflicts between the west and the middle east). Heck, the name Janissary itself means "New Soldier." Janissaries can play the role of the "New Soldiers" that come to batter down and destroy the feudalism of For Honor.
- Janissaries also have a lot of funny hats

Potential challenge: Knowledge of authentic Turkish and other Middle Eastern weapons combat arts could be difficult to find

AlmightyWarlock
01-07-2017, 09:00 PM
No. Lets NOT have guns, k? The bows are unbalanced enough.

Soul.RED
01-09-2017, 03:48 AM
i bet the new faction DLC just get 2 champion like Rainbow Six Siege.
that way, they can put all of the nation suggested here as an upcoming DLC for few years into the future.