PDA

View Full Version : PS4 gets exclusive Syndicate missions

The_Kiwi_
06-17-2015, 05:21 AM
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/15/introducing-assassins-creed-syndicate-the-dreadful-crimes/

I for one am truly disgusted
It always has to be a battle between Sony and Microsoft
Now because some of us decided to go with the Xbox One, some people miss out on parts of the game
This greed and childish exclusivity represents everything wrong with the gaming industry

Legacy outfits also seem to be region locked behind an American only "join the family" promotion
http://i.imgur.com/eMqfcW2.jpg
So every non-American could potentially miss out on outfits

X_xWolverinEx_X
06-17-2015, 06:07 AM
what a ****ing load of ******** you have ****ed up big time ubisoft

D.I.D.
06-17-2015, 08:26 AM
But this happened in the vast majority of AC games. They even bought timed exclusivity on an entire game. All that's happened is that Sony took a couple of years off from buying exclusive material in AC, and now they're back again.

I know it's annoying, but as history has shown -- exclusive material is never good, never memorable, never worth the purchase of the hardware concerned. The same goes for all those exclusive bits and pieces they make so that this shop and that store can have exclusive editions. If anything, these things make good games worse, by diluting the really good content with extraneous tat.

Fatal-Feit
06-17-2015, 08:35 AM
When they first announced Syndicate, I thought they were changing their marketing. No ULC, Companion App, Exclusives, ETC BS, but in just one day they managed to turn me off.

I mean, I'm the minority who love Unity, its glitches and performance weren't that bad for me (being on PC), but the fact that almost a third of its content were locked via online shenanigans and stuff stopped me from enjoying the game and purchasing it on more than one platform for friends, let alone RECOMMENDING IT.

Hell, I actually like what they've revealed so far, and think it may be the best AC yet, being a refined Unity and all, but, as of Unity, I've got to be more cautious with my purchase and unfortunately Syndicate just got its 2nd strike from me. One more of this BS, and I'm going to cancel my pre-order. I won't be picking up the game this holiday, and will get it for cheap during a deal or something on PC (NOT from Uplay).

Yeah, I know, I'm just one guy, but I do hope someone at Ubisoft read this and understand that, even from a dedicated fan like myself who've been satisfied by their latest products, there are limits to how far they can BS us.

VestigialLlama4
06-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Most of the PS-exclusive content have been fairly bad. Think of the Benedict Arnold Missions of AC3, the Aveline Mission in Black Flag, the only decent ones are the Copernicus Missions for Brotherhood but they aren't worth getting a new console for.

You want exclusive content that can break your heart, check out Arkham which gave PS3 Playable Joker, and now exclusive Scarecrow missions for PS4.

Anyway I honestly don't see the point of this Sony versus Microsoft fight because at least for this generation, the winner is clear. I don't own any next-gen console (yet!!!) but the PS4 is the clear winner, having far more exclusive titles than Microsoft does.

Sorrosyss
06-17-2015, 12:55 PM
It is a sad stain on the industry alas. I do agree that content should not be restricted in this fashion. The outfits lockout is just crazy too.

On the plus side, the exclusive stuff in the past has been entirely forgettable, though that's no defence I concede. Just a sad situation all round.

Xstantin
06-17-2015, 02:44 PM
Legacy outfits lock lol

bitebug2003
06-17-2015, 03:28 PM
Hasn't this been the case for years though even Watch Dogs had exclusive stuff.

I'm not sure why it's an issue now.

I don't like exclusivity either (ESPECIALLY Retail Exclusive), but this isn't a new trend.

:confused:

Shahkulu101
06-17-2015, 03:44 PM
At least the missions are almost always forgettable and not worth your time anyway, they only exist because of Sony and MS's infantile corporate sparring.

The industry really needs to grow up this regard. So much of this crap at E3: "Play it FIRST on Xbox One" "Exclusive beta ONLY on Playstation" All it does is divide and exclude.

And what's worse is the fans encourage it by celebrating the "one-up's" each company gets over each other and quarreling with each other like babies over what console is best.

The_Kiwi_
06-17-2015, 03:59 PM
It stopped with Unity
But it's back
Companies gunna company but surely they know the value of customer relationship is just as important as money

NondairyGold
06-17-2015, 05:25 PM
The exclusive content is usually poor I'll give them that, but locking legacy outfits(if true) is criminal!!