PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation

IamCrumbz
06-17-2015, 03:04 AM
Will all character's be preset for Campaign and online multiplayer?

IamCrumbz
06-17-2015, 03:15 AM
Also will we be able to choose from Male and Female character's?

Oakmantle
06-17-2015, 03:18 AM
I believe they've confirmed both customization of appearance and choice between male or female ^^

Yugureki
06-17-2015, 07:42 AM
I believe they've confirmed both customization of appearance and choice between male or female ^^

You wouldn't by any chance have a source would you? I can't seem to find one and i'd like to link it in Suggestions to the pre-existing thread.

Every character has specific abilitities, weapons and playstyles, they are all very distinct. There will be a lot of visual customization as well.
Our goal is to have characters that will fit your playstyle, whether you are more offensive, defensive, heavy, fast, etc.
I found it, it was confirmed Visuals at least.

Serdones
06-17-2015, 09:44 AM
You wouldn't by any chance have a source would you? I can't seem to find one and i'd like to link it in Suggestions to the pre-existing thread.

Yeah, I haven't seen any official statement to that effect either.

Although, and I just noticed this when posting in the Art of Battle thread earlier, I saw the D-pad controls your "Active Feats." The fact they're specifically "Active Feats" and not just "Feats" may indicate there are also "Passive Feats," which could be at least one form of character customization. It's also possible you just linearly unlock Passive Feats and have no control over their assignment, but whatever.

IamCrumbz
06-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I haven't seen any official statement to that effect either.

Although, and I just noticed this when posting in the Art of Battle thread earlier, I saw the D-pad controls your "Active Feats." The fact they're specifically "Active Feats" and not just "Feats" may indicate there are also "Passive Feats," which could be at least one form of character customization. It's also possible you just linearly unlock Passive Feats and have no control over their assignment, but whatever.

Aren't Active Feat's: Kill-streaks??

Sixty-nl
06-17-2015, 12:59 PM
could be, but it might also be an inmatch leveling option. or maybe you get certain options by holding certain capture points. We can only guess right now, i hope we get more info in the next couple of days.

The__Fenrir
06-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Will all character's be preset for Campaign and online multiplayer?

Did they anounce a single player campaign?

....and P.S. typing the image verification is already getting way too old. My posts will be limited.

Arconar
06-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Did they anounce a single player campaign?

....and P.S. typing the image verification is already getting way too old. My posts will be limited.

Yep, they did. Link to interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0mQM3AqzlU

He talks about it from 3:40.

As for customization:
Every character has specific abilitities, weapons and playstyles, they are all very distinct. There will be a lot of visual customization as well.
Our goal is to have characters that will fit your playstyle, whether you are more offensive, defensive, heavy, fast, etc.

stumpndum
06-18-2015, 12:21 AM
During the art for battle LadyAnn is female, you can see when she salutes as he runs by. So fems and males confirmed i think mebbe, might be wrong

Doctrinaire
06-18-2015, 02:21 AM
the woman must be fast and agile...or I will break her in two.

NsG.Green
06-18-2015, 04:56 AM
It would be awesome to have Sword engraving since all 3 cultures were using it..... That would be one thing I would really love see in the game also what comes with it is sword hilt and cases and stuff should be costume made (maybe add an editing program for skins) i would totally dig that

Serdones
06-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Aren't Active Feat's: Kill-streaks??

An IGN article said you do unlock Active Feats with consecutive kills.

Although, we don't know if that means they're EXACTLY like kill-streaks. While you unlock better kill-streaks the more kills you get, maybe in For Honor you just have to hit a set number of kills and then you can choose which Active Feat you'd unlock. I'd kinda prefer the latter so you have more moment-to-moment control of how you tailor Active Feats to the match's strategic needs.